DOJ with nowhere to go - Hunter

mspart

So the laptop was not Russia Disinformation.   The peddlers of disinformation disinformed the public on this front.   Not only that, but the laptop that everyone knew about is corroborated by the i-cloud data that the DOJ received some time ago.  So DOJ has known all along about all this and have slow walked it all.  

1.  They have Hunter dead to rights on tax evasion and slow walk that one until the statute of limitations happened and they did nothing to keep the case going which they easily could have done.

2.  They dropped all of the gun charges on Hunter that are now pending due to the plea deal being blown up.

3.  They dropped most of the tax charges except the weak ones that he pled guilty to originally in the plea deal that blew up.  Now all of the sudden he is not guilty of those as his new plea.  

So now that this is out there, what is the DOJ to do?   This will determine how corrupt the DOJ is in my mind.   They  have Hunter dead to rights for a long prison sentence.   Will they pull the trigger?   We shall see. 

mspart

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/hunter-biden-faces-up-to-17-years-in-prison-if-convicted-201777733504

Hunter Biden faces up to 17 years in prison if convicted

I would be concerned but I'm not Hunter.   He's brave enough to arrive at the Capitol and rail on and on about the deposition he is there not to give on the day he is to give it.   That takes some chutzpah.  And so far, nothing has happened to him so well played I guess. 

Except he also crammed it down their throats in the contempt hearing he attended unnanounced.   Major chutzpah there I might add.   I hope he gets held accountable for these behaviors.   His lawyer should but he has otherwise been just defending him telling him these would be good ideas.  

mspart

1 minute ago, mspart said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/hunter-biden-faces-up-to-17-years-in-prison-if-convicted-201777733504

Hunter Biden faces up to 17 years in prison if convicted

I would be concerned but I'm not Hunter.   He's brave enough to arrive at the Capitol and rail on and on about the deposition he is there not to give on the day he is to give it.   That takes some chutzpah.  And so far, nothing has happened to him so well played I guess. 

Except he also crammed it down their throats in the contempt hearing he attended unnanounced.   Major chutzpah there I might add.   I hope he gets held accountable for these behaviors.   His lawyer should but he has otherwise been just defending him telling him these would be good ideas.  

mspart

His lawyer doesn’t seem very bright. Not one lawyer I know or have heard discuss his showing up there says that was a bright move. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Thank you sir 

Don't be fooled by the number.  Prosecutors often use those numbers to scare defendants and reporters don't really know any better.  That's the maximum sentence.  In the real world, maximum sentences are extremely rare, especially for a first conviction, especially for "white collar" crimes such as those alleged here.  He most likely will be sentenced to probation, possibly with some incarceration on the front end.  All of it depends on a lot of things; his sentence may be made worse because of his high profile and the desire to appear non-biased and/or tough on crime, but nothing like 17 years.  A lot will also depend on where he scores out under federal sentencing guidelines, although those aren't typically as strictly followed as the ones here in Florida are.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Don't be fooled by the number.  Prosecutors often use those numbers to scare defendants and reporters don't really know any better.  That's the maximum sentence.  In the real world, maximum sentences are extremely rare, especially for a first conviction, especially for "white collar" crimes such as those alleged here.  He most likely will be sentenced to probation, possibly with some incarceration on the front end.  All of it depends on a lot of things; his sentence may be made worse because of his high profile and the desire to appear non-biased and/or tough on crime, but nothing like 17 years.  A lot will also depend on where he scores out under federal sentencing guidelines, although those aren't typically as strictly followed as the ones here in Florida are.

I’m aware of all that. Just the first time I’ve seen the max facing. 

I haven’t kept up on Hunter ‘news’ in a minute…

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Thanks partisan lawyer....will you give the same sermon about Trumps cases....didn't think so...could care less what happens to Trump, but pointing out your political biased....as a lawyer...that is what is scary!!

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Thanks partisan lawyer....will you give the same sermon about Trumps cases....didn't think so...could care less what happens to Trump, but pointing out your political biased....as a lawyer...that is what is scary!!

You have no idea what you're talking about or what i, a criminal defense lawyer, think about incarceration.  I actually do not believe Trump should Trump should be incarcerated if he's convicted in either the documents case or the hush money case. If convicted in either of the election interference cases, I'm more open to the idea because those caused real damage to other people.

I think as a country we over-incarcerate people.  I would limit lengthy incarceration it primarily to crimes of violence.

On 1/17/2024 at 5:38 PM, VakAttack said:

In the real world, maximum sentences are extremely rare, especially for a first conviction, . . . ,

in the Dem world convicting selfie taking, velvet rope abiding, police invited, capitol strollers get more than the maximum sentences. 

Your assertion is correct; in the real world.  Next the Dem world wants to go after people who were standing in the same exact location as where people stand for presidential inaugurations.  If you stand there for a non-approved Dem DOJ politician - swat team arrest, criminal prosecution, and maximum sentence.  If you stand there for DOJ approved politician or a DOJ approved riot - nothing.

Those innocent until proven guilty "criminals" could use some defensing.  Your pro bono quota met yet?  

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

in the Dem world convicting selfie taking, velvet rope abiding, police invited, capitol strollers get more than the maximum sentences. 

Your assertion is correct; in the real world.  Next the Dem world wants to go after people who were standing in the same exact location as where people stand for presidential inaugurations.  If you stand there for a non-approved Dem DOJ politician - swat team arrest, criminal prosecution, and maximum sentence.  If you stand there for DOJ approved politician or a DOJ approved riot - nothing.

Those innocent until proven guilty "criminals" could use some defensing.  Your pro bono quota met yet?  

Don’t forget Catholics and people speaking up for their kids at school board meetings. 

• Haha 1