Who is the 2nd best team so far?

Fair topic, pastry troll or not. Dual or tournament? Iowa is terrified of dualing Mizzou and refuses every year. I think it’s a legit unknown, but Iowa, Nebraska, tOSU, NCST, Mizzou, and Cornell all can get hot and finish 2nd. Don’t think we’ll know until Sat nite. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

Fair topic, pastry troll or not. Dual or tournament? Iowa is terrified of dualing Mizzou and refuses every year. I think it’s a legit unknown, but Iowa, Nebraska, tOSU, NCST, Mizzou, and Cornell all can get hot and finish 2nd. Don’t think we’ll know until Sat nite. 

Cornell & NcSt?  We just had a couple not on your list teams prove they are better.

7 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

I would say that Iowa is the 2nd best team right now. I do not see Ohio State in the mix for 2nd with the other teams that you listed unless something drastic changes. They just do not have the horses to rise up and challege for 2nd without Sasso, Kharchala being hurt and their young guys (outside of Mendez) stagnating. I do think that Michigan and OK State should be mentioned. 

Edited by Gus

Team race below 1 should be fun. In addition to the teams you mentioned, Virginia Tech, Michigan, and Iowa State also have the potential to put together a late season run. I would say IA slight favorite to be #2 but if betting I’d definitely take the field. 

Edited by Ashebuckeye
  • Fire 1

I’m leaning Mizzou.  They just have a lineup of guys who manage downside and almost all seem to have the ability to put opponents in bad situations very quickly.

I think Iowa Mizzou head to head would be surprisingly lopsided.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

I’m leaning Mizzou.  They just have a lineup of guys who manage downside and almost all seem to have the ability to put opponents in bad situations very quickly.

I think Iowa Mizzou head to head would be surprisingly lopsided.

I think it’s close, but a bunch of matches could go either way

141 - Iowa heavy favorites

157 - Iowa slight favorite

165, 184, 285 - Mizzou heavy favorites

197 - Mizzou slight favorite

125, 133, 149, 174 - tossups

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I think it’s close, but a bunch of matches could go either way

141 - Iowa heavy favorites

157 - Iowa slight favorite

165, 184, 285 - Mizzou heavy favorites

197 - Mizzou slight favorite

125, 133, 149, 174 - tossups

As good as Glazier has been, I personally would see Rocky as more than a slight favorite. I would also consider Mocco as a slight favorite over PK. The rest, I agree with. 

On 1/16/2024 at 9:33 AM, Tigerfan said:

There is no reason Iowa or Penn State shouldn't wrestle Mizzou.  A home and home with either of those teams would be good for the sport.  Credit to Oklahoma State, who kept Mizzou on their schedule during MU's time in the MAC. 

Every other year, OSU is the biggest draw for MU.  Looking forward to that dual. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

As good as Glazier has been, I personally would see Rocky as more than a slight favorite. I would also consider Mocco as a slight favorite over PK. The rest, I agree with. 

Yeah I had Rocky as heavy favorite initially, but I think Glazier’s major of Allred has earned him slight underdog status.

But I’m thinking 157 might have to go into the tossup category.

I was thinking Arnold at 174 in this hypothetical, but maybe he shouldn’t count if he redshirts.  Interestingly this is anther situation where using Arnold at 184 might make sense.