Video of AJ Ferrari's "apology"

4 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

better than the apology we got for when you made a bet in which the stakes were you leaving the forum and then you blatently welched on it. 

What was the bet that he lost?

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

if i recollect, he was trolling about the Iowa dual and said something like "if penn state wins I'll leave the forum forever" and everyone went "Ok" and then he panicked, dropped the facade and went into full blown arguing mode about why he didn't have to live up to what he said.

• Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

if i recollect, he was trolling about the Iowa dual and said something like "if penn state wins I'll leave the forum forever" and everyone went "Ok" and then he panicked, dropped the facade and went into full blown arguing mode about why he didn't have to live up to what he said.

So he welched on a bet. Why would someone make such a dumb bet?

47 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

44 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

lets not forget the Steamboat Charlie fiasco.  Cant remember @ionel were you also involved in that mess?

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

lets not forget the Steamboat Charlie fiasco.  Cant remember @ionel were you also involved in that mess?

I was around but not "involved."  That's my story and i am stick'n with it.  

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Do you think he might have been giving gambling advice to the Iowa wrestlers?

What we do know is 1) he'll post at least 10 more AJ Ferrari Threads by the end of the season.  Expect a lot of Ferrari beats Brooks threads.  2) He'll make his annual Iowa is going to beat PSU thread.  @Wrestleknownothingwill remind him of another thread he posted that shows that scenario is almost statistically impossible.  Buns will ignore it. 3) He finishes the season with the first installment of "I can't believe PSU pulled it off thread" followed by his annual "Iowa are the favorites next year"...It's been rinse & repeat  But to his credit he gets us all to respond 

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I dont think it was for him to leave the forum or something even that extreme. I dont remember the details but I do recall a bet where if he lost he would simply add a quote to his signature. He lost the bet and then never updated his signature.

1 minute ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

I dont think it was for him to leave the forum or something even that extreme. I dont remember the details but I do recall a bet where if he lost he would simply add a quote to his signature. He lost the bet and then never updated his signature.

It was.  I was a part of it.  He later claimed because Spencer didn't wrestle the bet didn't count.  

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

i'm pretty sure never posting again was on the table, its really only reason I remember the anecdote at all.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

It was.  I was a part of it.  He later claimed because Spencer didn't wrestle the bet didn't count.  

Hmm interesting, never the less, i was the one that was repeatedly replying to all his posts with "Pay your debts"

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

Hmm interesting, never the less, i was the one that was repeatedly replying to all his posts with "Pay your debts"

i might try to bring this back.

10 minutes ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

2022 Iowa PSU dual.  Cant remember if he threw down the bet that he'd leave if Iowa lost or if it came from the board.  I vaguely remember him changing the terms a few times and something about a certain amount of posters (minimum 10) had to bet against him and leave if Iowa won.  I think he panicked when that number was easily met.  Wonder if @BobDoleor @jross can pull it up for us in a "remember when" thread.  It was a Cinnabon classic

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

2022 Iowa PSU dual.  Cant remember if he threw down the bet that he'd leave if Iowa lost or if it came from the board.  I vaguely remember him changing the terms a few times and something about a certain amount of posters (minimum 10) had to bet against him and leave if Iowa won.  I think he panicked when that number was easily met.  Wonder if @BobDoleor @jross can pull it up for us in a "remember when" thread.  It was a Cinnabon classic

Ah, I forgot about the bet with the 10 person minimum. I was one of the 10, though I cannot remember the specifics of the bet or the specifics of how he weaseled out of honoring it.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Ah, I forgot about the bet with the 10 person minimum. I was one of the 10, though I cannot remember the specifics of the bet or the specifics of how he weaseled out of honoring it.

He simply didnt honor it thats all.

• Fire 1

33 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said: