No BS...Is AJ wrestling this year?

The_KC_Godfather

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

well he very likely hasn't been in the grind of a d1 room in awhile. There is also something to be said for competing...

100%.  But there's also something to be said for NOT being ground down by the grueling college schedule.  I think he's likely to be a bit rusty, but unchallenged at first (I say this not having looked at the schedule, so I'm not totally sure about this) outside of the dual with Penn State, and fine by the time NCAAs gets around.  Is that enough to beat Brooks?  Yes, because Brooks has lost to worse wrestlers, but Brooks is also the rightful favorite.

Basically, there a ton of variables and. I think people overestimate their abilities to account for those variables and how they will affect individuals.

Edited by VakAttack

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

this is the farthest I can extend myself on behalf of Albert Jr.  I'm out. 

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

100%.  But there's also something to be said for NOT being ground down by the grueling college schedule.  I think he's likely to be a bit rusty, but unchallenged at first (I say this not having looked at the schedule, so I'm not totally sure about this) outside of the dual with Penn State, and fine by the time NCAAs gets around.  Is that enough to beat Brooks?  Yes, because Brooks has lost to worse wrestlers, but Brooks is also the rightful favorite.

Basically, there a ton of variables and. I think people overestimate their abilities to account for those variables and how they will affect individuals.

🤐

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

yeah sure, many variables with Ferrari, he could barely claim to know how they were balancing out.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Dan Gable was VERY clear on that topic.

So you and Dan are the only two folks in America who thought Trump wasn't better the first two years he wasn't President?  😉

Edited by ionel

On 12/28/2023 at 2:57 PM, MPhillips said:

Yes, but this one is a, 'NO BS' thread from the the MF'n Godfather himself...:classic_dry:

Haha...funny.  If every thread on this forum about AJ didn't get hijacked and add multiple posts about nonsense, I wouldn't have posted to ask about what's actually going on. Cool if you want to partake in the chatter, and talk s*** about someone that truly wants to know what's going on.  Apologies to you and others for actually giving a s***.

Edited by The_KC_Godfather

On 12/28/2023 at 3:14 PM, ionel said:

Bull s$#% its just the small town Kansas City GF.  

You're cool, man. Jump on the wagon...forgive an old timer for asking a question, generating conversation, and asking for real info without getting hijacked by trolls.  Matter of fact, your response seems a bit troll'y. Congrats for proving my point with this forum...

9 hours ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

Haha...funny.  If every thread on this forum about AJ didn't get hijacked and add multiple posts about nonsense, I wouldn't have posted to ask about what's actually going on. Cool if you want to partake in the chatter, and talk s*** about someone that truly wants to know what's going on.  Apologies to you and others for actually giving a s***.

You missed the post 2 above this one. 

9 hours ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

If every thread on this forum about AJ didn't get hijacked and add multiple posts about nonsense, I wouldn't have posted to ask about what's actually going on.

I agree brother. More threads equal more nonsense though. 

When your handle is @The_KC_Godfather you should expect a bit of, 'shit talkin.' No offense intended. Happy New Year.

10 hours ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

If you are going to be surly I'm going to have to point out the obvious. A) we all want to know that B) if any of us knew it would be public knowledge instantly. No one is sitting on this information out of contempt for your search for knowledge. 

• Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

On 12/29/2023 at 2:06 PM, VakAttack said:

I think you're underselling Ferrari hugely.  Firstly, on the OTT stuff, Ferrari was wrestling 97kg, which is significantly bigger than his college weight.  Brooks has been competing at 86 kg, which is much closer to his college weight.

He was a true freshman NCAA champ at 197 lbs, which I think is a first.  He's a year YOUNGER than Brooks.  You're assuming regression, whereas I think stagnation is far more likely, but even then, you're basing that in lack of competition, but the Ferraris were notorious for not competing much. I think he's clearly a threat to Brooks.  I wish he wasn't wrestling for Iowa, but I think you're crazy for dismissing him. 

I'm picking Brooks, though. 

When Vak is defending him, you *know* the whole "AJ-to-Iowa" thing must be a done deal...  😉 

J/K.  I don't think I'm "dismissing" him though.  Just suggesting that his hype outstrips his accomplishments and ignores what's happened since.  

handful of folks in Iowa City have spent the evening researching whether they can reclaim the NIL money

Bob Nicolls lives here in CO.

Slumlord Supreme is one of the main donors to the Eviction Dome and is the guy who claimed “the playing field is level now” between PSU and Iowa before Nagao, Messenbrink and Truax as signed with Penn State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk