Cliff Keen Las Vegas Wrestling Invitational

Idaho

6 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

We all have our opinions, it’s all good. And my opinion is that Hendrickson has much better technical prowess than Parris, however he cannot keep up with him and additionally will never grow his technical skills to their fullest potential because he chose to enlist. If Parris pins him in 30 seconds then I guess it doesn’t matter.

Despite the clear technical gap, parris squeaks out a 12-5 decision. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gus said:

Despite the clear technical gap, parris squeaks out a 12-5 decision. 

You realize I said better technician not better wrestler and picked Parris, right? So quit arguing over a nothing-burger by being disingenuous.

Hopefully Parris can close the wide technical gap against world-renowned technician Cohlton “Scoreboard” Schultz this March.

Its the upper level. Some people are better technicians, others have supreme cardio, others are significantly stronger. It’s all about who can exploit their strengths + mitigate their weaknesses + exploit their opponents. It’s almost like styles make matchups…

Edited by bnwtwg
sp
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

8 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

[snip]

Its the upper level. Some people are better technicians, others have supreme cardio, others are significantly stronger. It’s all about who can exploit their strengths + mitigate their weaknesses + exploit their opponents. It’s almost like styles make matchups.

It's like Robot Wars or BattleBots. Will the hammer beat the saw.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

He still does a great job getting top tiered recruits into the program, most of which from right here in Iowa.

In the shadow of the Sqwawkers and Iowa State, that's pretty impressive.

I agree, and "sqwawkers", I like that!

• Haha 1

Just now, BigRedFan said:

Injury time.  He was clearly hurt.

At least Cook got to wrestle more than one minute this time...

I thought he hit his head - agreed he was clearly hurt.  It looked to me like he was trying to be tough, but I hope there was enough care to ensure that he didn't actually have a concussion. 

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I thought he hit his head - agreed he was clearly hurt.  It looked to me like he was trying to be tough, but I hope there was enough care to ensure that he didn't actually have a concussion. 

If you have a concussion, no toughness will get you just restarting.  The medical staff was all over him in a flash.

Just now, BigRedFan said:

If you have a concussion, no toughness will get you just restarting.  The medical staff was all over him in a flash.

I've had a couple as a high schooler and was put right back into action.  I understand things have changed since then, but it's something I'm a little sensitive to because of how much impact can be caused from repeated cases