Hunter Biden in his press meeting pulls the VICTIM CARD !!!!!

Paul158

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

Not really a conference - no questions answered, more like a performance. 

Must be nice to be able to afford the most expensive lawyer in Washington DC. I read he charges 5000 dollars per hour. I wonder who is paying for that?

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

He cleared everything up.  His father wasn't involved in his business.  Time to move on.

If Trump had said he wasn't involved in Jan 6 in a similar arena, you of course would take that at face value right?

mspart

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

The victim card?  This should be old hat for Trump supporters, he does that in every interview.

Of course he didn't answer questions or be deposed, he's being criminally investigated.  Either he or his lawyer would have to have been the biggest idiots in the world to let him testify.  That's why his previous bluff to testify publicly should have been called by Comer, but he's too dim to have seen the obvious bluff.

And now we can let the legal system hold Hunter Biden accountable for whatever crimes he may be guilty of.

Edited by VakAttack
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, headshuck said:

Whoops

Wonderful.  And now we can play the game where all the Rs who were fine w/ people defying Congressional subpoenas during the J6 hearings coming in to say Hunter should be prosecuted.  And round and round we go.  Hunter's situation is slightly different given the active criminal investigation, but I'm not sure what the federal rules, especially since it's a Congressional subpoena vs. a criminal subpoena, are on that.  State court he could absolutely be prosecuted for contempt, but typically only after he'd been subpoenaed multiple times in State court and he ignored them; however, again, usually they're not being subpoenaed related to the same things they're being investigated for.  Legally speaking, that part is interesting.

36 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Wonderful.  And now we can play the game where all the Rs who were fine w/ people defying Congressional subpoenas during the J6 hearings coming in to say Hunter should be prosecuted.  And round and round we go.  Hunter's situation is slightly different given the active criminal investigation, but I'm not sure what the federal rules, especially since it's a Congressional subpoena vs. a criminal subpoena, are on that.  State court he could absolutely be prosecuted for contempt, but typically only after he'd been subpoenaed multiple times in State court and he ignored them; however, again, usually they're not being subpoenaed related to the same things they're being investigated for.  Legally speaking, that part is interesting.

Is it anything like grand jury testimony where you have no attorney and have to know when to plead the fifth on your own?

• Fire 1

43 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Is it anything like grand jury testimony where you have no attorney and have to know when to plead the fifth on your own?

Typically when I've seen people testify in front of Congress, they can have an attorney with them, but I'm not sure if I've seen the scenario where the person is currently under an active indictment/investigation AND testifying in front of Congress.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Typically when I've seen people testify in front of Congress, they can have an attorney with them, but I'm not sure if I've seen the scenario where the person is currently under an active indictment/investigation AND testifying in front of Congress.

Yes, I’ve seen that, I’m asking about the closed door depositions.