The ILLINI, Pitt & Chattanooga

ILLINIWrestlingBlog

I've done a preview of the ILLINI/Pitt portion of the triangular here. Andre at wrestlestat.com predicts a 15-15 tie, so it should be a good one. The marque matchups will be Lucas Byrd wrestling Micky Phillippi for the third time, while Zac Braunagel gets his first crack at Nino Bonaccorsi. This dual could come down to heavyweight. 

For those Pitt and Chattanooga fans wondering how to watch the match, it will be on BTN+, which is a subscription service. Here is some good advice for you: If you are willing to pay $9.95 to watch it, you can go to the website and select a "school pass" for ILLINOIS that is only that amount for one month. If you select a "sport pass" and select "wrestling," it is $69.95 for a year. You get a full year of B1G wrestling, but that's a lot of money. The steps:

1. Go to the website here

2. You will have a choice between conference pass, school pass and sport pass. Pick "school pass."

3. Underneath that, you will see the logos for various B1G schools. Choose the big Orange "I" for the ILLINI. The first on the left. 

4. Beneath that, select the "monthly pass" for $9.95 and follow the payment instructions.

The good news is that I do this every year, and you can terminate the agreement online without having to talk to somebody in sales. Since this is only a monthly pass, you shouldn't even have to do that. I don't think they'll pro-rate your school pass, as the Big Ten Network sucks *****, so be ready to fork over the entire $9.95. I am not associated with the University of ILLINOIS or the BTN. 

ILLINIWRESTLING184.jpg

• Fire 2

15 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Why do we have to select Illiniois?  Do I not get to read Illinois content if I select Michigan State or the conference option?

The OP subscribes monthly to BIG+ and chose Illinois..he only gets to watch Illinois. The last few years I would do the $15 monthly which would get me all the teams. This year the have a wrestling subscription that is $69 per year which gives me all the wrestling for the year (apparently it’s 50% off yesterday and cyber Monday) which is a great deal but I missed it because I subscribed a couple weeks ago. 

if you’re looking to watch all the BIG+ matches, wait till tomorrow and sign up for the wrestling package and it will only cost $35 

• Fire 2

23 minutes ago, Pish said:

if you’re looking to watch all the BIG+ matches, wait till tomorrow and sign up for the wrestling package and it will only cost $35 

Oh, I intend to.  That is what I did last year.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Why do we have to select Illiniois?  Do I not get to read Illinois content if I select Michigan State or the conference option?

Because if you select Michigan State your screen will turn into a permanent blank orange screen saver.  Come on man be careful and make the right decision.  🙂

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ionel said:

Because if you select Michigan State your screen will turn into a permanent blank orange screen saver.  Come on man be careful and make the right decision.  🙂

Yeah. Plus Red Grange will come to haunt you every year on Midland's Eve. 

In actuality, my advice was directed expressly to Pitt and Chattanooga fans who might want to watch the triangular but not pay so much money. 

If you select the ILLINOIS monthly pass, you will get to see the duals because they involve ILLINOIS. If you select a Michigan State monthly pass, for example, you won't get to see it because MSU is not involved.

(As a side benefit, you'll get a month's coverage of a girdle-less Bret Bilema). Cheers!

22 hours ago, Pish said:

The OP subscribes monthly to BIG+ and chose Illinois..he only gets to watch Illinois. The last few years I would do the $15 monthly which would get me all the teams. This year the have a wrestling subscription that is $69 per year which gives me all the wrestling for the year (apparently it’s 50% off yesterday and cyber Monday) which is a great deal but I missed it because I subscribed a couple weeks ago. 

If anyone finds the cyber monday 50% promo code please share here. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Gus said:

If anyone finds the cyber monday 50% promo code please share here. Thank you!

I recieved the email for 50% off but when select and go thru the steps it still shows the full price up to the point of setting up an account, I stopped there.  

MONDAY

And it is applied as a Coupon Code after selecting the pass type during checkout.  Until that point the full price is shown.

It requires autorenewal for the 3 months it applies.

I already had an account but no active subscription.  I was able to use the code without using the email link.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

I just got the monthly pass for ILLINOIS for $5.38 using the coupon code "MONDAY." Apparently, it expires today. Note that I had to type in the code and hit "Apply" twice. It didn't work the first time.

So, if you are a Moc or Panther fan, you can try that. You'll have to set up an account, but that's simple. Just in case, cancel after you've watched all the replays you can stomach.

I thought about the year-long single-sport pass, but I couldn't find a code, and really, my dudes, I don't want to watch PSU, Iowa or an Ohio State team. I hate those guys. Cheers!

chrome_screenshot_1669676719657.png

• Fire 1

I enjoy the Big Ten Plus for the most part although as much as it pains me to side with an industry heavyweight, I think ESPN is probably easiest to use out of all of them.  I have a Samsung TV it doesn't have a channel for BTN+.  So I have to load it on my phone and then cast it to my TV.  Not a big deal in theory, but if I get a text or a call it also comes up on the TV and gets in the way of thr stream.  It's easiest to watch on my PC

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I enjoy the Big Ten Plus for the most part although as much as it pains me to side with an industry heavyweight, I think ESPN is probably easiest to use out of all of them.  I have a Samsung TV it doesn't have a channel for BTN+.  So I have to load it on my phone and then cast it to my TV.  Not a big deal in theory, but if I get a text or a call it also comes up on the TV and gets in the way of thr stream.  It's easiest to watch on my PC

Interesting. I have same set up as you. Samsung Smart TVs throughout house. 

I will go to BTN+ app on my IPhone. In the picture of the match there’s like two overlapping TVs, I click on that and it casts to my TV. At that point, I can text, surf internet and do whatever else on my phone with no issues and it doesn’t mess up what’s on the TV screen. Wonder why yours is interrupting what’s on TV?