College Football Playoff

WrestlingRasta

• 4 weeks later...

Lol. FSU played without most of their starters, including nearly all their NFL prospects.  It was not the team that would have been playing in the playoffs if they had been rightfully included. Meanwhile both 1 loss teams are about to be out.  Going undefeated pretty good indicator of who's best!

5 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Lol. FSU played without most of their starters, including nearly all their NFL prospects.  It was not the team that would have been playing in the playoffs if they had been rightfully included. Meanwhile both 1 loss teams are about to be out.  Going undefeated pretty good indicator of who's best!

Wasn’t their big argument that they showed up for every game, they can’t control the quality of competiton?  Don’t want to hear about who didn’t show up. Showing up is part of winning. Result is the only thing that matters, right Noles?

Result: 63-3

Going undefeated isn’t an end all. Just ask Liberty. Schedule matters. 

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Wasn’t their big argument that they showed up for every game, they can’t control the quality of competiton?  Don’t want to hear about who didn’t show up. Showing up is part of winning. Result is the only thing that matters, right Noles?

Result: 63-3

Going undefeated isn’t an end all. Just ask Liberty. Schedule matters. 

And FSU did schedule.  Two out of conference SEC teams, one of whom was top 5 preseason.

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Michigan looked pretty good.  Must have somehow happened upon the Alabama playbook.  

I think Washington wins it.

Rooting for them. I think they've been the best team this season, they have a cool story, a cool offense, and Penix is easy to root for. 

• Fire 2

My heart breaks for my fellow Bama fans.   But that was a terrific game.   Last play a head scratcher.

My heart is full for all of the Dog fans out there.   Another incredible game.   Last play epic!!!

I do not like Michigan.   They barely beat a so so Bama Team.   I am looking forward to seeing them be stomped senseless by a pack of Huskies on Monday!!

mspart

• Fire 1

On 1/1/2024 at 11:23 PM, VakAttack said:

LOL And it still wouldn’t have mattered.  There wasn’t 60 points (scoring or stopping) sitting out 

Georgia coach was correct in what he said after the game.   Shame for the FSU players that had to suffer that kind of loss because players made themselves unavailable for the game.   Something needs to be done unless this is what we want to see in college football in the bowl season.

He's right.   Something needs to be done.   FSU had the chance to show why they were an elite team and their own teammates let them down.  Just a shame.  That should have been a much better game. 

mspart

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Georgia coach was correct in what he said after the game.   Shame for the FSU players that had to suffer that kind of loss because players made themselves unavailable for the game.   Something needs to be done unless this is what we want to see in college football in the bowl season.

He's right.   Something needs to be done.   FSU had the chance to show why they were an elite team and their own teammates let them down.  Just a shame.  That should have been a much better game. 

mspart

Want the athletes to play? Pay them.

The bowl games are purely a money grab. Let the athlete's grab some.

The schools get paid, the networks get paid, the bowl game executives get paid. 

The bowl games have highly paid, full-time, year-round staff for one game per year. The CEO (huh? what the hell does a CEO of a singe game do all year?) of the Orange Bowl got paid $750k. The Rose Bowl CEO got paid $450k. The Fiesta Bowl CEO got paid $870k. 

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge