Climate Hoax

Husker_Du

Headline in Automotive News: image.png.aa57994e051c4ce4f39f4967a6d886eb.png

Why are they surprised?  Are EV owners too stupid to know that EVs are heavier and therefore will wear out tires much more quickly than normal useful cars? 

Silly question.  Of course they are too stupid to realize this.  Their "science" tells them many things that are just unbelievable, demonstrably wrong, fanciful, and impossible.  Their science says they can drive a car that is 30 - 50% heavier yet have no negative effects.  Just wait until they learn that their car insurance will probably go up as damages and fatalities increase in events involving EVs. 

All the Gretas will keep asking and accusing "How dare you, Physics, impose consequences on our decisions?"

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Bob 2

1. Jun 7, 2021CNN —. Batteries are heavy. That's why, generally, electric cars weigh considerably more than otherwise similar gasoline-powered vehicles. Take the GMC Hummer EV, for instance. The Edition 1 ...
  2. Apr 28, 2023State of play: Electric vehicles can be anywhere from hundreds to thousands of pounds heavier than similarly sized gas vehicles because EV batteries are so much heavier than engines. For example, the 2023 GMC Hummer EV, a full-size pickup, weighs more than 9,000 pounds, sporting a 2,900-pound battery. In comparison, the 2023 GMC Sierra, also a ...
  3. Oct 5, 2022Per EPA figures, the average car or truck on U.S. roads has swollen from 3,200 to 4,200 pounds over the last 40 years. EVs carrying very heavy batteries— the 9,000-pound GMC Hummer EV attributes ...

Capture.JPG

• Bob 1

Yikes!!   Now that electricity will be so much more expensive.   I guess someone forgot about hail in their calculations.   Kind of like the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.   Perhaps they will make those so they won't shatter with baseball size hail, because although uncommon, it is not unheard of.    But then they'll be too heavy.   So  many tradeoffs. 

mspart

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

Yikes!!   Now that electricity will be so much more expensive.   I guess someone forgot about hail in their calculations.   Kind of like the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.   Perhaps they will make those so they won't shatter with baseball size hail, because although uncommon, it is not unheard of.    But then they'll be too heavy.   So  many tradeoffs. 

mspart

While they claim that co2 is causing more destructive storms (which is provably false) they also insist that our energy be generated from weather sensitive sources. 

I’d like to propose a solution to this madness.  Starting now, no more precious petroleum derived energy may be wasted on building solar panels and wind mills.  You need to use your green energy to build the mining equipment needed to mine the ore and process the steel, make the batteries, all the way to building and erecting the panels and turbines. Every step , transportation, everything.  We know it can be done with coal, petroleum, and nuclear generation, if you can’t do it with green, then GTHOOH. 

• Bob 2

1 hour ago, mspart said:

mspart

Don’t worry we can just raise taxes. 👅

2 hours ago, mspart said:

My point exactly.

mspart

They’ve an odd philosophy.  In order to keep their people fed and warm they burn coal, to build solar panels and wind turbines to sell to other countries so their people can go hungry and freeze. 

It is always a series of give and take.   You can get better mileage but give up performance.   You can get better performance but give up mileage.   With the heavier car such as  EV, you give up tire wear to have zero CO2 emissions.  

mspart

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

It is always a series of give and take.   You can get better mileage but give up performance.   You can get better performance but give up mileage.   With the heavier car such as  EV, you give up tire wear to have zero CO2 emissions.  

mspart

I read Washington is phasing out natural gas.  

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

I read Washington is phasing out natural gas.  

Yeah, the gov signed a bill that prohibits new hookups and allows the gas company to start cutting off service.   I think that will get reversed. 

mspart

15 hours ago, mspart said:

Yeah, the gov signed a bill that prohibits new hookups and allows the gas company to start cutting off service.  

So chop down trees and burn wood?  

3aa9df33dc5903f5a4cc20452d6fcbbc.jpg

POSTED ON MARCH 26, 2024 BY STEVEN HAYWARD IN THE DAILY CHART

THE DAILY CHART: THE U.S. NUCLEAR DEFICIT

I once asked a French acquaintance how it was that France managed to build over 5o nuclear power plants over the same time period that the U.S. built virtually none, and his answer was basically that France didn’t pay any attention to Jane Fonda.  Actually his explanation was more colorful (and accurate). Read this with a French accent in your mind:

“Ah, but it is simple you see: In France, our Communists supported nuclear power, whereas in the U.S., your Communists opposed it.”

True: French labor unions, where Communists have some presence, like nuclear power because it meant lots of union jobs. U.S. progressives say they like labor unions—but they hate construction and electrical unions.

But my follow up question to my French interlocutor is equally pertinent: How did France manage to build nuclear plants so much more cheaply than the U.S.?

“Ah, but it is simple, you see: In France, we have 200 kinds of cheese, but one kind of nuclear plant design. In America it is just the opposite.”

In any case, this figure shows how the U.S. abandoned nuclear power. Imagine how much lower our carbon footprint would be if we had kept up the pace of the 1950-1990 period. (Keep in mind that the plants that came online in the mid-1980s were begun 10 to 15 years before.)

U.S.-Nuke-Plants-600x356.png

Chaser—Even The Guardian gets it:

Screenshot-2024-03-24-at-8.40.14%E2%80%A

When New York’s deteriorating and unloved Indian Point nuclear plant finally shuttered in 2021, its demise was met with delight from environmentalists who had long demanded it be scrapped.

But there has been a sting in the tail – since the closure, New York’s greenhouse gas emissions have gone up.

Castigated for its impact upon the surrounding environment and feared for its potential to unleash disaster close to the heart of New York City, Indian Point nevertheless supplied a large chunk of the state’s carbon-free electricity.

Since the plant’s closure, it has been gas, rather then clean energy such as solar and wind, that has filled the void, leaving New York City in the embarrassing situation of seeing its planet-heating emissions jump in recent years to the point its power grid is now dirtier than Texas’s, as well as the US average.

“From a climate change point of view it’s been a real step backwards and made it harder for New York City to decarbonize its electricity supply than it could’ve been,” said Ben Furnas, a climate and energy policy expert at Cornell University. “This has been a cautionary tale that has left New York in a really challenging spot.”

New York was warned that this would be the outcome, but climate cultists are immune to facts.

9 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Burning wood is next on the list.  Already being discussed in Europe 

And that's the problem, they are taking us back to things that are probably worse.  Pretty sure wood burning is already banned in places.