Climate Hoax

Husker_Du

Aluminum is used as a conductor in many applications.   In fact, I had to run 100 amp service to an out building and the wiring was Aluminum.   I was surprised.   Lighter but gage needs to be bigger, but it can be used.  Its fairly cheap. 

mspart

On 5/28/2024 at 12:21 PM, mspart said:

Aluminum is used as a conductor in many applications.   In fact, I had to run 100 amp service to an out building and the wiring was Aluminum.   I was surprised.   Lighter but gage needs to be bigger, but it can be used.  Its fairly cheap. 

mspart

Solid state batteries can use aluminum.  Not current mass produced batteries because aluminum fractures and cracks within a few charge/discharge cycles due to expansion and contraction.

9 minutes ago, mspart said:

Use 2000 series AL rather than 7000 series.  Everyone knows the former is more malleable than the brittle latter. 

mspart

Yeah...everyone knows that!

Meanwhile me
12,800+ Dumb Look Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock |  Dumb expression, Confused, Stupid

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

image.png.86da327237e2bea69c27106bcd30cbcb.png

image.png.35e34a246898ca40bb4bcaccfff6d502.png

Automotive trade rag headlines this week.  At least Polestar's shareholders were betting their own money (albeit based on silliness bordering on mania similar to the Dutch Tulip phenomenon).  Unlike here in America where billions of our tax money (actually, my grandchildren's tax money) has gone down this Esh*thole.

Imagine, bureaucrats and politicians cannot mandate physics and consumer preferences.  Whodathunkit?!?

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Fire 1

On 6/1/2024 at 10:16 PM, Lipdrag said:

bureaucrats and politicians cannot mandate physics and consumer preferences.  Whodathunkit?!?

More news from the EV rabid Automotive press rag.  At least Automotive Pravda has to report facts from time to time when the narrative smacks up against reality.

image.png.6275f7f59c3ebe82494214134bd3e6ea.png

image.png.276b59a311601a9640fab6346b8b29b5.png

But, but, but.  GM is all in on EVs.  CEO Mary Barra declared several years ago that GM would stop making engines.  How is it possible that with all these mandates, subsidies, climateers cheering her on, and everything getting 'lectrified that they can delay EV motor output?  Don't those stupid drivers know what's good for them?!?

• Bob 1

All the people doing mandates, subsidies, the climateers, and, everything getting 'lectrified think that the stupid drivers don't know what's good for them.  It is apparent in their mandates and subsidies.   If it was such a great thing, there would be no need for mandates or subsidies.   It would just happen organically. 

The fact that you have to be somewhat rich to afford these contraptions furthers the divide between the know it alls and the stupid drivers who don't know what's good for them. 

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Bob 2

the thing that truly gets me is the self virtue of the adopters.

they think by going EV they are doing a good thing.

meanwhile it's exponentially more damaging in all things - environmental pollution (on multiple fronts), efficiency, slave labor.

part and parcel for the left. they deep throat whatever msm (and their ultra lib grad school professors) tell them. 

it's utterly not viable right now. we should be working towards it (in labs/test grounds) but what is going on right now is 

1) lunacy

2) sad

3) grifting

TBD

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

the thing that truly gets me is the self virtue of the adopters.

they think by going EV they are doing a good thing.

meanwhile it's exponentially more damaging in all things - environmental pollution (on multiple fronts), efficiency, slave labor.

part and parcel for the left. they deep throat whatever msm (and their ultra lib grad school professors) tell them. 

it's utterly not viable right now. we should be working towards it (in labs/test grounds) but what is going on right now is 

1) lunacy

2) sad

3) grifting

That is a bit of a surprise post.

Admitting that Elon Musk is a sad lunatic grifter pushing overpriced EV's is a big step for you. But you are 100% correct.

10 hours ago, mspart said:

All the people doing mandates, subsidies, the climateers, and, everything getting 'lectrified think that the stupid drivers don't know what's good for them.  It is apparent in their mandates and subsidies.   If it was such a great thing, there would be no need for mandates or subsidies.   It would just happen organically. 

The fact that you have to be somewhat rich to afford these contraptions furthers the divide between the know it alls and the stupid drivers who don't know what's good for them. 

mspart

You seemed to have figured it out just a bit before Husker. EV pushers like Elon Musk are modern day snake oil salesmen.

The really interesting thing is that one of the biggest promises of EV's is that they are far less complicated, have far fewer parts, and are cheaper to produce. Not to mention cheaper to maintain.

One of the biggest draws to EV's has always been that they should be cheaper than gas engine vehicles.

Until a guy (Musk) who steps in and produces high end EV's and maintains them at an extremely high profit margin and quickly becomes one of the wealthiest men in the world.

He is subsequently adored for his wealth by common people, who are seemingly unaware that his wealth has been made by taking more than his share of money from both rich and common people buying his overpriced EV's.

Right now, basically no new vehicles are available for under $20k. EV's start around $30k.

What we should be seeing relatively soon is ~$20k new EV's. Think VW-Bug economy vs Musk's greedy "give me all the money" economy. Less profit per unit, made up in quantity, and a vast number of significant global benefits.

EV's are for rich people, but that will change.

you have no earthly idea wtf you're talking about.

i started this thread.

but by all means come in and tell us who we are and what we stand for after 3 seconds of observation and a clearly compromised intellect. 

TBD

On 6/1/2024 at 9:16 PM, Lipdrag said:

image.png.86da327237e2bea69c27106bcd30cbcb.png

image.png.35e34a246898ca40bb4bcaccfff6d502.png

Automotive trade rag headlines this week.  At least Polestar's shareholders were betting their own money (albeit based on silliness bordering on mania similar to the Dutch Tulip phenomenon).  Unlike here in America where billions of our tax money (actually, my grandchildren's tax money) has gone down this Esh*thole.

Imagine, bureaucrats and politicians cannot mandate physics and consumer preferences.  Whodathunkit?!?

Great post, Lipdrag.

Which would explain why Elon Musk was looking forward to his giant, and I mean GIANT $56 Billion pay package from Tesla (the biggest pay package in history)... even though Tesla stock is down some 30% this year.

Given what is happening in the EV world, Musk's goose that lays golden eggs seems about to be cooked.

It'll be interesting to see if that twat can take the money and run.

In the meantime, no more tax money should go to overpriced EV's. We don't need to fill some billionaire jerk's pockets with our tax dollars.

29 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you have no earthly idea wtf you're talking about.

i started this thread.

but by all means come in and tell us who we are and what we stand for after 3 seconds of observation and a clearly compromised intellect. 

I posted that you were 100% correct.

As you said, EV supporters deep throat whatever they are told. It's lunacy, sad, grifting.

I'm agreeing with you.

What am I missing? I don't see what you're sour about.

6 hours ago, RockLobster said:

You seemed to have figured it out just a bit before Husker. EV pushers like Elon Musk are modern day snake oil salesmen.

The really interesting thing is that one of the biggest promises of EV's is that they are far less complicated, have far fewer parts, and are cheaper to produce. Not to mention cheaper to maintain.

One of the biggest draws to EV's has always been that they should be cheaper than gas engine vehicles.

RL, you are onto something important here.  It is much larger than the EV portion of the climate hoax and the whole point of this thread.

The whole "renewable energy" snake oil bottle is full of "wind and sun are free so this climateering is good for the planet and good for your finances" schtick.  Then the subsidies, higher costs for all energy, mandates, government coercion, outlawing gas stoves, putting butt plugs in farting cows, paper straws, no plastic bags then we get dog poop from the bottom of reusable bags on grocery counters (green is not clean!), etc. comes in.

• Bob 1

I agree that we need to move towards something.   Wind and Solar appear to be the most expensive alternatives that have been grabbed onto.    

Here in WA they are talking about taking out dams.   And replace them with what?   No plan other than more wind and solar.   Yes there is solar on the eastern side of the state.  

There is nuclear that is zero emission, but not zero cost both money and environmental.   There is coal.   But that has environmental concerns.   There is natural gas.   But WA is trying to outlaw use of that by 2040 by law.   But this is the cleanest energy source and is plentifully available.  We never had brownouts but now we are facing them.   That is an indictment on those that are in the planning of these things.   Moving too fast on power sources that are not reliable and getting rid of sources that are reliable.   It is idiotic to move forward like this.   Just think if 100 years ago as they were laying electric grids etc if they didn't think of all the permutations and plan for those, where would we be?  We have forgotten that lesson.  

We are getting smarter while at the same time getting dumber.   There is no common sense applied anymore to these kinds of issues.   Here in Seattle, we have two bridges that join Seattle to the eastside.   Both are floating bridges.   They actually float on the water.   They have been there since the 1950s at least.   Now they wanted to put light rail across.   They were warned that the fact the floating bridges move might be a factor against doing this.   They moved forward anyway and are years behind because of the problems crossing a floating bridge on immovable rails on a moveable foundation.   They did no research to figure this out before building.   It is now built but not used because they can't.   Unbelievable!!!    Dumber.

mspart

1 hour ago, mspart said:

I agree that we need to move towards something.   Wind and Solar appear to be the most expensive alternatives that have been grabbed onto.    

Here in WA they are talking about taking out dams.   And replace them with what?   No plan other than more wind and solar.   Yes there is solar on the eastern side of the state.  

There is nuclear that is zero emission, but not zero cost both money and environmental.   There is coal.   But that has environmental concerns.   There is natural gas.   But WA is trying to outlaw use of that by 2040 by law.   But this is the cleanest energy source and is plentifully available.  We never had brownouts but now we are facing them.   That is an indictment on those that are in the planning of these things.   Moving too fast on power sources that are not reliable and getting rid of sources that are reliable.   It is idiotic to move forward like this.   Just think if 100 years ago as they were laying electric grids etc if they didn't think of all the permutations and plan for those, where would we be?  We have forgotten that lesson.  

We are getting smarter while at the same time getting dumber.   There is no common sense applied anymore to these kinds of issues.   Here in Seattle, we have two bridges that join Seattle to the eastside.   Both are floating bridges.   They actually float on the water.   They have been there since the 1950s at least.   Now they wanted to put light rail across.   They were warned that the fact the floating bridges move might be a factor against doing this.   They moved forward anyway and are years behind because of the problems crossing a floating bridge on immovable rails on a moveable foundation.   They did no research to figure this out before building.   It is now built but not used because they can't.   Unbelievable!!!    Dumber.

mspart

Wow

3 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

C'mon Man ... wood!  Ya got wood in the great north west don't ya.  Wood burns and wood floats.  Wood for heat and power.  Wood for river ferry.  You don't need no stinking bridges, wood is proven technology.