Climate Hoax

Husker_Du

65% of blacks are worried about change in climate (aka Delta Climate for you sciencey equation inclined people - let's shorten it to DC).  The Climateers are trying induce widespread panic.  Let's designate them Panic Climateers - PC.

Do 65% of blacks in Africa have DC induced stress?  Same climate facts exist there as here.  So, is the DC the cause of the stress or is the cause of DC stress the PC themselves? 

The key to a happier life is clearly to avoid DC and PC.

Edited by Lipdrag

So what's the "hoax" here? That global warming is happening, that man is contributing to it, or that we have to take drastic actions to address it? The right wing extremists tend to mix and match these and even switch between them in the middle of a discussion. 

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, red viking said:

So what's the "hoax" here? That global warming is happening, that man is contributing to it, or that we have to take drastic actions to address it? The right wing extremists tend to mix and match these and even switch between them in the middle of a discussion. 

It’s called evolution 

4 hours ago, red viking said:

According to you left wing extremists we should be done already.   

• Fire 1

On 2/16/2024 at 3:29 PM, red viking said:

So what's the "hoax" here?

Cow farts.  Up until then I thought only the Climateers were silly Chicken Littles crying about the sky falling.  Then, when cow farts became the disaster ju jour I knew that Climateers also think they can declare anything a cause of global warming and expect worldwide social upheaval to address their panic. 

Centipede toe cheese emits 72% more methane than cow farts.  Trust me.  I wouldn't hoax you on something as important as the end of the world!

Edited by Lipdrag

On 2/16/2024 at 12:29 PM, red viking said:

why don't you take 5 minutes and read the thread?

or better yet take a half hour and read the stances of unbiased climate pros?

there is no 'climate crisis' and EV's, in their current incarnation, are more environmentally damaging and energy dependent than gas jobs. 

TBD

On 1/31/2024 at 4:47 PM, mspart said:

Toyota has been on that path for some time.   Hybrids make a heck of a lot more sense really.  Until something changes and EVs can "gas" up in 10 minutes and give another 300-400 miles before repeating, EVs will be an in town only solution weather permitting.   

mspart

Yeah, but only recently on their trucks. I didn't even really know about them when I started looking at Tundra's. Then saw the Capstone and...they're 2 years in IIRC on making those hybrids? 

I've gotten some shit for it, not buying a Ford but they're made in America(at least many are, you can tell if yours was by the vin and mine have been) and the resale, the reliability, they're just better for my purposes. 

The EVs can be great, but obviously, they're less convenient.

Setting aside what you think of the solutions or the hypocrisy, do people honestly believe that people aren't contributing to climate change or that it's not an issue that's seriously impacting us? 

17 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Setting aside what you think of the solutions or the hypocrisy, do people honestly believe that people aren't contributing to climate change or that it's not an issue that's seriously impacting us? 

Your question is essentially asking, Even though the EV is more expensive, worse for the environment, less convenient, less operable in extreme cold or hot weather, is only convenient in a city driving situation, is more expensive to repair, may cause more pedestrian deaths due to low noise, why is there all the push back on them since they are trying to solve a problem?

The problem is many fold:   How to reduce CO2 emissions, do it economically, do it so it is convenient, do it so it is reliable (talking grid here too).    

Solution:   Hybrids reduce CO2 emissions, do it economically, do it conveniently, do it reliably.   Until EVs are like this, they are an albatross on the necks of the car companies.   Consumers are not buying that modern day snake oil.  

Solution:  My VW Passat TDI gets around 40mpg and averages higher than 30 just regular driving.   That is better than my wife's 18mpg mini van.   But both are way more convenient, economic, and reliable than an EV.  

Solution:   As I noted earlier, the solid state battery (which Toyota is also developing) may be an answer to some of those questions as it will charge faster, go farther, and not be so horrible for the environment.    This may be a solution that is worth waiting for.   We will have to see.  

mspart 

3 hours ago, mspart said:

Solution:  My VW Passat TDI gets around 40mpg and averages higher than 30 just regular driving.   That is better than my wife's 18mpg mini van.   But both are way more convenient, economic, and reliable than an EV.    

mspart 

I loved my Passat TDI, very comfortable, large trunk.  We took a spring break week to visit college campuses TN, GA, NC, VA four of us with all our luggage and my bike in the trunk.  Did same summer vacation to Taos NM (did the gran Fondo century).   40 mpg could go ~750 mi on tank of gas.  Nav in dash could look up fuel prices if too high we'd just wait till the next state to fill up. 

Diesels are more about particulate emission and NOx. Ok sure they cheated but it was still a very clean engine.  Compare to all the old locomotives and older diesels out there with there black smoke particulate.

That said the money they offered for buy back i couldn't turn it down.  Got a truck, need the truck where we live now.  🙂

I really like mine.   Almost zero exhaust.   When I got mine, it was already with the new software etc so was good to go.   All new factory warranties etc.   The only trouble I have with the AC system.   Doesn't clear the dash of fog very quickly.   Other than that, it seems to be a really  nice car. 

mspart

Somewhere someone is asking what they have to do.  They had taken it far enough, and decided that the funnest way to give up the prank was to make an outrageous claim, like it’s major cause is cow farts and the best way to save yourself is to eat bugs.  Haha hahaha.  Well, now what are they going to do?