California Bap vs Iowa

flyingcement

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Were you expecting the Squawkeyes would lay an egg?  🙄

Mmmmmmmmm... not really.

40-zip Iowa.

Time to retire for the evening... I want to get up to watch the Princeton Open on ESPN+ (starting @ 9am... tanxs for EST giving me an extra hour) w/ my LEHIGH guys on the mat!

tootles!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

10 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Mmmmmmmmm... not really.

40-zip Iowa.

Time to retire for the evening... I want to get up to watch the Princeton Open on ESPN+ (starting @ 9am... tanxs for EST giving me an extra hour) w/ my LEHIGH guys on the mat!

tootles!

D3

Sleep well young lad.   💤 

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

The stadium is actually filled up pretty well and this is part of southern California that is not particularly known for wrestling.  Whoever promoted the team and event did a hell of a job

The pics I saw seemed like a good bit of Iowa fans, no?

The more important question of this dual is what Faux Cinnamon Roll owes.... He did say that no Iowa wrestlers suspended due to gambling would miss a dual - BOOK IT!  What did we bet? Since the Iowa wrestlers faced a year long ban due to gambling, I feel the punishment should fit the crime. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Gotcha. Any explanation given as to why?

No sir, I do not know. Just know that it was Terry from the dual. Of course Minnow was blasting out all kinds of crap out saying that Terry wasn’t at the dual because he was mad at Iowa, mad about Nelson’s gambling situation and he applied for UNC job because the relationship is fractured with Iowa. Then I commented on it and said that it was Terry that was at the dual and not Tom and he deletes all his posts about it. LOL if you are not right, just delete it!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Gus said:

No sir, I do not know. Just know that it was Terry from the dual. Of course Minnow was blasting out all kinds of crap out saying that Terry wasn’t at the dual because he was mad at Iowa, mad about Nelson’s gambling situation and he applied for UNC job because the relationship is fractured with Iowa. Then I commented on it and said that it was Terry that was at the dual and not Tom and he deletes all his posts about it. LOL if you are not right, just delete it!

Awesome move, Gus!

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, Gus said:

LOL.  But isn’t it odd that a team’s head coach missed their season opening dual following a tumultuous offseason and there hasn’t been a peep that I’ve seen as to why?  Channeling my inner Minnow, could it be some sort of meaningless 1 match suspension for “lack of institutional control”? 🙂

43 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

On a side note, I thought Mike Mal did a great job on the call.  I would like to see him call more duals, hopefully ESPN/ACC or B1G will give him an opportunity.

I think Mike Mal has different aspirations than he once had.  This gave me a nostalgic vibe, sort of.

Didn't he leave Flo?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

LOL.  But isn’t it odd that a team’s head coach missed their season opening dual following a tumultuous offseason and there hasn’t been a peep that I’ve seen as to why?  Channeling my inner Minnow, could it be some sort of meaningless 1 match suspension for “lack of institutional control”? 🙂

Did the AD get suspended too?  Compliance officer?  University president?

Maybe he was sick?

28 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Did the AD get suspended too?  Compliance officer?  University president?

Maybe he was sick?

Maybe he was just sick, you’d think someone from the press or something would have asked the question at some point though

On 11/6/2023 at 9:56 AM, 1032004 said:

Maybe he was just sick, you’d think someone from the press or something would have asked the question at some point though

I'm betting he stopped off in Vegas but since what happens in Vegas ... we'll never know.