I heard that majority of the population agrees on 80% of the issues. Let us test that.

jross

Have you chosen, or is your stance a parody? 
200.gif

I don’t know what this means.

Also, digging deeper: it seems you have to be a practitioner if a certain religion to get a scholarship there. They dictate your behavior, speech, clothing, religion, etc.

And, to get to that debt-free mark, you have to apply for and receive a (federal) Pell Grant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Le duke said:

I don’t know what this means.

Also, digging deeper: it seems you have to be a practitioner if a certain religion to get a scholarship there.

And, to get to that debt-free mark, you have to apply for and receive a (federal) Pell Grant.

Red pill represents the right.  The right does not like the government taking money from them to redistribute to others.

The costs are 20K.  The work program is worth 7K.  The remaining 13K is covered by the college assurance, minus any eligible Fed/State grants.  If John gets 10K in grants, the college covers the 3K.  If Jane gets 0K in grants, the college covers the 13K.

Red pill represents the right.  The right does not like the government taking money from them to redistribute to others.

The costs are 20K.  The work program is worth 7K.  The remaining 13K is covered by the college assurance, minus any eligible Fed/State grants.  If John gets 10K in grants, the college covers the 3K.  If Jane gets 0K in grants, the college covers the 13K.

All of which hinges on your religious, political, moral and “patriotic” views. Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:

All of which hinges on your religious, political, moral and “patriotic” views. Got it.

We agree that that religion should not need to be a requirement.  

The golden nugget here is the work credit.  Copy that for sure.  

And it is worth a deeper dive to see how the school covers the funding gap and to determine how it can be replicated.

Edited by jross

On 11/23/2022 at 6:17 PM, jross said:

We argue stupidly by using edge examples as representatives for left vs right stereotypes.  How would you change these opinions to match the population majority?

Abortion

• There are situations where it should be legal and situations where it should be illegal.

Education

• Every citizen should have access to affordable public education from preschool through college.

Environment Policy

• Regulations are situationally necessary. 

Gay Rights 

• A citizen's sexual preference must not affect one's rights and benefits.  

Government Spending

• A balanced budget and low debt are more important than social safety nets.

Gun Rights

• Every citizen has a right to bear arms.  Regulations better enable public and personal safety.

Health Care

• Every citizen should have access to affordable health care.  

Immigration

• Legal immigration is good, and there should be fewer restrictions on legal immigration.  We should reduce illegal immigration.

Military

• There are larger local problems to solve than to police the world.

Personal Responsibility

• Each adult has more responsibility than anyone else and the government for their own life's success.

Regulations

• Government regulations hinder free-market capitalism and job growth; therefore, while needed, should be used sparingly to protect consumers and the environment.

Death Penalty

• While a low percentage of innocent people are wrongfully convicted, there are situations where convicted criminals should be dispatched.

Taxes

• What at first was plunder assumed the softer name of revenue. -Thomas Paine

Voting

• Major elections should be a government holiday to maximize participation.
  • IDs and citizenship must be a requirement to vote.

I agree with every single thing you said here.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, jross said:

I am not familiar with that one.  Are the children doing this against their parent's wishes?  Like parents say, "please don't abandon me to die," and the children are like, "just die already," and leave them?  

Or is it a case like a woman having terminal cancer who chooses death on her terms?  Not everyone is, but I'm okay with that. 

Good question; I don't know the answer to it, just that it is a cultural practice of native Aborigines.

I first learned about it just a few years ago.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

• 2 weeks later...

Does Idaho have the mother’s life at risk law and how does it classify medical procedures for miscarriage?  That tweet is not from the lady in the video.  Where is the original video from Tik tok?

After reading the law, this story looks like BS.

https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesrules/idstat/Title18/T18CH6/SECT18-622/

Edited by jross

6 minutes ago, jross said:

Does Idaho have the mother’s life at risk law and how does it classify medical procedures for miscarriage?  That tweet is not from the lady in the video.  Where is the original video from Tik tok?

After reading the law, this story looks like BS.

https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesrules/idstat/Title18/T18CH6/SECT18-622/

I found this
https://jessica.substack.com/p/abortion-every-day-121622#details

• Fire 1

There is something else besides the law causing this?  Is it a legal issue or are docs just refusing because of their beliefs?  For example, my wife’s old doc stopped prescribing birth control.

Treating miscarriage is legal in Idaho.

Just now, jross said:

There is something else besides the law causing this?  Is it a legal issue or are docs just refusing because of their beliefs?  For example, my wife’s old doc stopped prescribing birth control.

Treating miscarriage is legal in Idaho.

I can't be sure, but I suspect there's a lot of fear on the part of doctors, insurers and hospital administrators because of the rabidity of the right and the grandstanding of the GOP politicians on this topic.