Any of You Left Wing Morons Have An Electric Car?

Husker_Du

On 10/27/2023 at 8:13 AM, Bigbrog said:

I have no problem with EV cars/trucks...love that there are options for people.  But what is stupid is the way people push EV's as a way to save the environment and saying gas vehicles need to be banned...cracks me up.  

I think you might see cities ban gas vehicles in the not-too-distant future. The better air quality in places like NYC and LA would be worth it for the residents. 

2 hours ago, mspart said:

This may be true but they will have to make an exception for food delivery and other trucks.   They are just not practical as EV unless the solid state battery provides function as promised. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_battery

{\displaystyle \sigma _{creep}=\left({\frac {\dot {\varepsilon }}{A_{c}}}\right)^{1/m}\exp {\left({\frac {Q_{c}}{mRT}}\right)}}

That's understandable now isn't it?

mspart

So it’s not like interstate or diehard?

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2023 at 3:10 AM, billyhoyle said:

I think you might see cities ban gas vehicles in the not-too-distant future. The better air quality in places like NYC and LA would be worth it for the residents. 

16 hours ago, mspart said:

This may be true but they will have to make an exception for food delivery and other trucks.   They are just not practical as EV unless the solid state battery provides function as promised. 

So maybe we should just ban food delivery in big cities, should solve the problem quicker no? 

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Battery operated ambulances, police cars, and fire trucks?

They are working on this in Seattle.   They want to do Electric Ferries for crossing Puget Sound.

msaprt

Edited by mspart

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Is it a good idea to mix electricity and water?  😯

That may be an issue.   But diesel engine generate electricity so as long as the batteries are protected from the water, i think it would be ok.   But they would need to think about that for sure. 

mspart

Did you know the WA state ferries are designed to make little to no wake?   These carry hundreds of cars and people, big boats!!
image.thumb.png.ef6d108fe24f526b37c62dc64054a92d.png
mspart

Taking the ferry out to Orcas Island on a bright summer day is pretty magical. Looking forward to taking my kids out there some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should do it.   However, on the San Juan Islands run, you have to reserve a spot at the ferry website.   You don't pay on the website but it guarantees you get on that ferry.   But, if the ferry is not running, then you wait until it does.   San Juan ferries are not very reliable that way.   I have not been to Orcas, we always head to Lopez.   I've been to San Juan also, but never Orcas.   I had friends in Jr High saying Orcas was the best.   Everyone says so.   But we know someone with a cabin on Lopez on the Mud Bay so that's where we head. 

mspart

4 hours ago, mspart said:

Did you know the WA state ferries are designed to make little to no wake?   These carry hundreds of cars and people, big boats!!

image.thumb.png.ef6d108fe24f526b37c62dc64054a92d.png

mspart

Is this Ferry heading toward, away or right angle to/from the smoker?  Just trying to gather more intel, its Nov already.  😋 

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Can you imagine how much power it takes to recharge one of those?   Bring down a whole town.  

I hope it works well and was worth the extra money.  

mspart

It must be significant.  The article says they are still building half of it.  Equivalent of charging about 250k cell phones!

Edited by Plasmodium
Forgot the voltage

On 11/8/2023 at 5:51 PM, mspart said:

In the picture, it is heading away from us.   The fact that you did not discern that is a tribute to the anti wake design.   Now notice it is not an anti woke design, just an anti-wake design. 

mspart

Wake, what did you say?  🤔