U23 Draws Are Out

nhs67

Just now, D3 for LU said:

4-3 win... Cardenas takes the bronze (phew!)

speed kills again. both of cardenas' takedowns were snatch singles, which is not really his game at all. it had to be here because patil's height, positioning and strength made it impossible to hit his favorite double. he had the same issue with gimri, tbh, but gimri is much faster than patil. the only takedown cardenas gave up in this match was when patil jumped the whistle a little and cardenas tried to defend with a seatbelt but patil put on way too much pressure for cardenas to hold him off. 

i was wondering how they could possibly be the same weight class until i saw them next to each other at the end. 

image.png.7f3b8de08db0f9d639a15e5998565531.png

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Trivia question, when was the last world championship NLWC didn't get a gold?

If we are going off current location... 2016.  It was shortened to have non-Oly weights.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, ugarles said:

speed kills again. both of cardenas' takedowns were snatch singles, which is not really his game at all. it had to be here because patil's height, positioning and strength made it impossible to hit his favorite double. he had the same issue with gimri, tbh, but gimri is much faster than patil. the only takedown cardenas gave up in this match was when patil jumped the whistle a little and cardenas tried to defend with a seatbelt but patil put on way too much pressure for cardenas to hold him off. 

i was wondering how they could possibly be the same weight class until i saw them next to each other at the end. 

image.png.7f3b8de08db0f9d639a15e5998565531.png

Fortunately for Cardenas... it shouldn't been close at all.

But, glad he won in the end. Good for him!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

So the Patil guy has been around a while.  He lost to Rocky Elam at 2021 U20s 12-2 and Nate Jackson 10-0 at this year's Moustafa.  Cardenas must not have watched those matches.

Just now, ugarles said:

back to back years losing to the gold medalist. counting it as a silver since there is no true third and nobody can invade my mind palace to stop me.

No need to change your mind.

Cardenas will have a Bronze to hang in his coffers, not a Silver.  Much different value on the grey market.

1 minute ago, D3 for LU said:

86Kg Gold Medal ceremony... Brooks gets the curvy/beefy gal bringing the medal!

Woohoo!

D3

Also!  When they all go to stand on top for a group picture... the German, Joshua Morodion is taller than the other three, despite standing in the Bronze portion and the other gents up top.  His match with Japan must have been comical.

We can laugh together:

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/11157505-2023-u23-world-championship/videos?playing=11345071&limit=60

Edited by nhs67

Chubby guy tossed the skinny guy for four.  Skinny guy got a two aftewards.  Chubby guy also got a 1 for shot clock earlier.

5-2 at the break.  Chubby Russo beating skinny Russo.

10 seconds to go and he forces a shot.  Chubby Russo stalls out.  Cheap win.

I don't even agree with the four they gave him earlier, as it were.