Progressives vs liberals

mspart

https://www.psypost.org/2022/08/new-study-helps-pinpoint-the-key-differences-between-liberals-and-progressives-in-the-united-states-63768

Is a progressive in the United States just a more extreme version of a liberal? New research suggests that is not the case. Self-described progressives and self-described liberals have significantly different views on a number of issues related to free speech, equality, diversity, and identity, according to a series of studies published in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.

... “Relative to traditional liberals within the U.S. left-wing, it appears that progressives are more likely to 1) advocate for ‘Mandated Diversity’ within institutional settings, 2) show ‘Cultural Appropriation Concerns’ regarding creative expression, 3) apply ‘Public Censure’ of divergent views, and 4) are less likely to pursue a ‘Recourse to Existing Institutions’ to bring about political change,” Proulx told PsyPost.

Here is another similar description of Progressive and Liberal.  This makes me wonder if the D caucus in the Congress is actually more progressive than liberal.   Somehow the progressives have seemed to gain the ability to run the train.  The liberals are along for the ride.   That's generally what I see. 

mspart

5 minutes ago, mspart said:

https://www.psypost.org/2022/08/new-study-helps-pinpoint-the-key-differences-between-liberals-and-progressives-in-the-united-states-63768

Is a progressive in the United States just a more extreme version of a liberal? New research suggests that is not the case. Self-described progressives and self-described liberals have significantly different views on a number of issues related to free speech, equality, diversity, and identity, according to a series of studies published in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.

... “Relative to traditional liberals within the U.S. left-wing, it appears that progressives are more likely to 1) advocate for ‘Mandated Diversity’ within institutional settings, 2) show ‘Cultural Appropriation Concerns’ regarding creative expression, 3) apply ‘Public Censure’ of divergent views, and 4) are less likely to pursue a ‘Recourse to Existing Institutions’ to bring about political change,” Proulx told PsyPost.

Here is another similar description of Progressive and Liberal.  This makes me wonder if the D caucus in the Congress is actually more progressive than liberal.   Somehow the progressives have seemed to gain the ability to run the train.  The liberals are along for the ride.   That's generally what I see. 

mspart

Do you disagree that we need to have the same conversation on the right?  

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

I bet ( and hope) that she's doing that! It's called sex ed,  something that authoritarian cancel culturists now prohibit.

there's not sex ed in elementary school and they're not sex ed teachers, ya blooming idiot. 

what they're pushing is highly inappropriate, and unsuitable for the age group. 

ya debased lunatic. 

• Fire 2

TBD

47 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Do you disagree that we need to have the same conversation on the right?  

I don't disagree with this.   But there is no similar differentiation that I know of between conservative and ???.  

But there certainly is a contingent that is opposed to the progressives' agenda.   But in my opinion, everyone should be against the progressives' agenda.   It progresses nothing.   It takes us back to earlier times of discrimination and reduction of rights and takes us into fantasyland saying that men can menstruate and have babies, and women can impregnate each other.   Menstruating people, lactating people, pregnant people.  These are things that women do.   Men pretending to be women do not do these things.   Why are we rearranging our language for a lunatic fringe?   But this is part and parcel of the progressive agenda.   If you don't believe in these things, they have suggested re-education camps for you.  

mspart

• Fire 2

59 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

there's not sex ed in elementary school and they're not sex ed teachers, ya blooming idiot. 

what they're pushing is highly inappropriate, and unsuitable for the age group. 

ya debased lunatic. 

There's not sex ed in many elementary schools these days because authoritarian cancel culture has outlawed it in schools. 

However,  there certainly WAS sex ed in elementary schools as I had it first in 6th grade in 1976 or 77.  My two sobs,  who are 34 and 32 also had sex ed in elementary school in the 90's.

So, once again,  right! 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

I don't disagree with this.   But there is no similar differentiation that I know of between conservative and ???.  

But there certainly is a contingent that is opposed to the progressives' agenda.   But in my opinion, everyone should be against the progressives' agenda.   It progresses nothing.   It takes us back to earlier times of discrimination and reduction of rights and takes us into fantasyland saying that men can menstruate and have babies, and women can impregnate each other.   Menstruating people, lactating people, pregnant people.  These are things that women do.   Men pretending to be women do not do these things.   Why are we rearranging our language for a lunatic fringe?   But this is part and parcel of the progressive agenda.   If you don't believe in these things, they have suggested re-education camps for you.  

mspart

My question to you then is this, and it is truly a sincere question not meant to be an ass. But if you agree there is a split in ideology in the right, and…you have to agree there is a major level of dysfunction going on in the right…..why are you so hyper focused on the left, and continuously on their dysfunction?   

Case in point, I asked you a question solely within the context of right, and after the one statement ‘no I don’t disagree with you’ went on entirely about the left, complete off rail to my question. And ended it with if I don’t agree with you there’s a RE-education camp for me. (After I had already agreed with you previously on this topic) 

My question is why? What is that going to do? 

13 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

There's not sex ed in many elementary schools these days because authoritarian cancel culture has outlawed it in schools. 

However,  there certainly WAS sex ed in elementary schools as I had it first in 6th grade in 1976 or 77.  My two sobs,  who are 34 and 32 also had sex ed in elementary school in the 90's.

So, once again,  right! 

This was my quote: there's not sex ed in elementary school and they're not sex ed teachers

This was yours: There's not sex ed in many elementary schools these days

you're not right; you're a psychopath

TBD

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

This was my quote: there's not sex ed in elementary school and they're not sex ed teachers

This was yours: There's not sex ed in many elementary schools these days

you're not right; you're a psychopath

So,  there's no sex ed in elementary schools anywhere in the U.S. today?

Are these elementary teachers mathematicians? Historians?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

5 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i don't know how many schools have sex ed in elementary schools (or why they would).

what i do know is that in none of the numerous vids i've seen were the teachers sex ed teachers (nor trained to be). 

Yes, in states that are still comfortable with sexuality,  they indeed still teach sex ed in elementary schools,  as they did in 1976 when I first had it.

Yes,  they are VERY trained in sex ed,  as State and local school boards require. In fact., they are just as much "sex educators" as they are mathmeticians and historians, and maybe even more.

Thanks for proving my pernt for the 19,009th time that those who claim to know the most about how the edutashun system works actually know the LEAST about it. 

Keep replying and I'll keep helping you dig yis grave. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

1) no sane parent is 'comfortable' with a discussion on gender and sexuality with an 8 year old

people of your ilk claim to be 'comfortable' and the topic 'appropriate' in the name of virtue signaling and inclusion. you are a scumbag who cares more about the dopamine your beetle brain gets for telling yourself you're a good, progressive person than you care about the long term welfare of the children. 

2) for the umpteenth time, they were general el. ed. teachers. 

TBD

31 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

My question to you then is this, and it is truly a sincere question not meant to be an ass. But if you agree there is a split in ideology in the right, and…you have to agree there is a major level of dysfunction going on in the right…..why are you so hyper focused on the left, and continuously on their dysfunction?   

Case in point, I asked you a question solely within the context of right, and after the one statement ‘no I don’t disagree with you’ went on entirely about the left, complete off rail to my question. And ended it with if I don’t agree with you there’s a RE-education camp for me. (After I had already agreed with you previously on this topic) 

My question is why? What is that going to do? 

Rasta, I appreciate your question.   I think you misunderstood what I wrote.   I meant to convey that it is the Progressives that have the re-education camp.   If that didn't come across correctly I apologize. 

I was just giving examples of behavior on the progressive side that the folks on the far right would be fighting against.    I don't think generally that patriotism, core ethical values, and religion are what is wrong with America or could be wrong with America.    Generally speaking, I see progressives as being against these things.  So I hit on them for this, because I think these things are some of the primary reasons why America is great.  

mspart

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i don't know how many schools have sex ed in elementary schools (or why they would).

It is mandatory in WA state.   They start in K-5.   When the debate was going on in the legislature, they had to stop televising (service is like a C-span but for the state) the proceedings because the content was too graphic as they were going through what would be taught.  

mspart

14 minutes ago, mspart said:

It is mandatory in WA state.   They start in K-5.   When the debate was going on in the legislature, they had to stop televising (service is like a C-span but for the state) the proceedings because the content was too graphic as they were going through what would be taught.  

mspart

seems fine. 

TBD

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i ain't doing your work for you. 

you can find some obscure law in texas but you missed the entire cancel culture cull?

talk about disingenuous. 

I’m looking. I can’t find a single example of “mass firings.”

Have you ever actually seen an example or did you just see a tweet that alluded to it happening and it felt right to you?

44 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

1) no sane parent is 'comfortable' with a discussion on gender and sexuality with an 8 year old

people of your ilk claim to be 'comfortable' and the topic 'appropriate' in the name of virtue signaling and inclusion. you are a scumbag who cares more about the dopamine your beetle brain gets for telling yourself you're a good, progressive person than you care about the long term welfare of the children. 

2) for the umpteenth time, they were general el. ed. teachers. 

Wowza.

Don't have the energy to approach this one,  friends. 

(Ironically,  as I was JUST writing that,  Hank III just sang,  "Goddamn, you're ***duck duck goose**in dumb," in his song "Not Everybody Likes Us.").

46 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

32 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

seems fine. 

that didn’t happen. you are so ***duck duck goose** gullible lol

they briefly put a viewer discretion warning on the screen because they were discussing topics of a sexual nature…in the proceedings on sex ed. 

27 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I’m looking. I can’t find a single example of “mass firings.”

Have you ever actually seen an example or did you just see a tweet that alluded to it happening and it felt right to you?

to be fair/clear i was more talking about cancel culture than i was 'mass firings' at a single place.

but to be sure, there have been countless cases/incidents where people, including C suite execs, who have been fired or forced out due to ideological differences that offend the left.

are you trying to suggest that the number of cases where people were canned or canceled b/c they offended the right are more numerous? 

TBD

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

because i don’t believe in cancel culture like you!

i don't believe in 'canceling' anyone.

but these cases, which are 1) numerous and 2) that you're obviously/hopefully unaware of

go way beyond an offensive remark or a harmless deed. they ruin kids' lives. 

if you ARE aware of them, and still feel the same way, you're scumbag of a human.

TBD

3 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

to be fair/clear i was more talking about cancel culture than i was 'mass firings' at a single place.

but to be sure, there have been countless cases/incidents where people, including C suite execs, who have been fired or forced out due to ideological differences that offend the left.

are you trying to suggest that the number of cases where people were canned or canceled b/c they offended the right are more numerous? 

1) translation: i couldn’t find them

2) sure there have buddy

3) Yes. If there are so many incidents of people getting fired for conservative beliefs, let’s see them.