Tommy Tuberville - Alabama, get off your a**

GreatWhiteNorth

On 10/12/2023 at 11:10 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I'm sorry - did you ask me a question? No, I do not live in Hawaii. I live in Minnesota. I would have answered that question directly if you had just asked me. Online bullshit works for a lot of people, not for me. Just be direct with me and I'll respond accordingly - no bullshit.

If you feel the need to start a fight with me - don't hide behind BS. Just be brave and say what you have to say.

7 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Most of the time, I like to joke around and BS. Sometimes, topics get serious. Read the room.

• Fire 2

34 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

When I said no one I was referring to people engaging here on this platform.  Across the entirety of the United States, I agree ‘no one’  would not be accurate. 

The rest of the post however is my point. Saying MAGA and truly meaning make America great are not the same thing. 

Being reluctant to say Make America Great Again is silly because it’s not doing so good right now. 

4 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

For all the residents of MAGAville - when was the greatest time for America?  Which era do you aspire?

There was actually a survey that tested that and the results for 30 percenters were VERY predictable. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 10/14/2023 at 7:02 AM, ionel said:

If you are seriously confused about the difference between:

• Joking around BS
  • Folks in serious arguments attempting to substitute BS as actual facts
    (or worse, not knowing the difference between them.) 

Then drop me a line, you definitely need my help.

Send me a PM, I respect you as a poster - I'll reply.

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

You reside in a world of your own, devoid perception of history or current events.  

Spare me your judgement.

We all reside in worlds of our own. That much is obvious.

History is to be learned from and not lingered upon.

The endeavor is always to move forward as best we can.

5 hours ago, Offthemat said:

You reside in a world of your own, devoid perception of history or current events.  

I'll let my fellow friends enjoy the irony of this post. 

Wowza!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Theres no argument America has some issues. The essence in ‘Make America Great Again” is the idea that…..America is not great. Hogwash. I challenge anyone to get into the streets and the people of many other nations, and then come back and see if you still feel American is in the shitter. 

And for those that do, that’s fine. My question would be what are you doing to do your part?  Are you active in working toward improving your community, state, region, nation as a whole? Or do you just think constantly bitching online over the ‘news’ you’re being fed is productive. 

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Are you active in working toward improving your community, state, region, nation as a whole? 

Isn't it ironic that @Ban Basketball has TDS and is losing his verdict due to BBS?   

image.thumb.png.ed76e6118c5b98582e8a72a4708de293.png

Ban logically does not owe Bob Dole $1,000 and yet 35 forum members find him guilty of all charges.  Emotional bias goes against Ban Basketball, much like it goes against Trump.  

Time is our friend for people to wake up.

Chamath: "I think that when Trump was elected, I was told that it was the end of the world, and that's what I thought. And I'd already underwritten him as an F, okay? And then, four years into the presidency, he was a C in my mind. And then, as I got a little distance away, I realized, no, hold on a second. This guy was like a B, B-plus. Like, he was pretty good.

"But the further and further I get away from him and the less emotional I am, he did a pretty good job. He was a pretty good president."

We need to behave more like Spock, rather than Romeo and Juliet, when casting one's vote between Trump and Biden.  

Well-informed voting is our best path forward.

It isn't feeding the homeless and working for a non-profit... it's voting for leadership that will cancel lobbyists, who don't want war, who stop illegal immigration... and so on.

Edited by jross
  • Fire 2

Just now, ThreePointTakedown said:
On 10/12/2023 at 10:53 PM, Jason Bryant said:

How people like Turberville get elected … truly boggles the mind. 

Computer froze and submitted the post. Couldn't edit. 

Anyway, the are convinced to vote against their own and society's best interest. Usually scared into thinking they will lose whatever they have if the 'other' is allowed to (fill in the blank). Tale as old as time. 

On 10/13/2023 at 10:48 AM, Offthemat said:

If those positions are so critical, would you recommend that the Senate get busy and vote on them?  Tuberville isn’t blocking the vote, only unanimous consent.  So though the instances you give may appear to be better handled without his objection, which he has every right to cast, they are not blocked. 

Always move the goal posts rather than admitting the challenge was satisfactorily completed. 

If you're honest you'd acknowledge the response rather than deflecting to another point. Admit you were wrong educate yourself and choose your words more carefully next time so you don't embarrass yourself again. 

On 10/13/2023 at 12:13 PM, Offthemat said:

Make America Great Again.  Some people are against doing that. 

Some people have different ideas of how to accomplish this. One wants universal health care and one doesn't. Guess which is which? One wants money out of politics so corporations and billionaires(that have little to no interest in the welfare of citizens, site every ecological disaster brought on my a company acting in its own interest before considering the rest of the state/country/world) can't buy elected officials and thus increasing the likelihood of their wealth and power going unchecked. One side wants elections to fair. How many state legislatures are gerrymandered to within an inch of their lives only to have a slim majority winning a VAST majority of positions(see NC, KY, WI, VA, TX). If their ideas were so great they'd win in 50/50 districts, do you think? Not that I think you'll engage at all on the topic but so that other people have something fun to read. 

Have a good afternoon. HAGA! 

25 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Some people have different ideas of how to accomplish MAGA... one wants... the other wants...

Every person across parties that I've spoken with want...

• Quality, Affordable Healthcare
  • Fair elections
  • Money out of politics
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

It means to resist change and move back towards some idealized traditional time or value.   In reality, that time is fictional or imaginary.

Come on Plasi...seriously?!?!  So generalistic and oversimplified.  For one you'd probably get a different answer from every single person when asked what does it mean to be a conservative or even what does "Make America Great Again" mean.  Secondly, I have yet to meet a conservative that resists change and wants to move backwards.  It is the philosophical/idealistic things that get people labeled conservative not a specific time period in our history.  What you described is probably the absolute minority and fringe.   

If you and others who get their undies in a bunch over "Make America Great Again" I assume you get them equally in a bunch over Biden's "Build American Back Better"?  My opinion, they both mean essentially the same.  The majority of people want the US not only to continue to be the best but keep making it better.

MAGA agenda...

• increase manufacturing in America
  • prioritize America-First foreign policy (less involvement in international conflicts and alliances)
  • trade policy that protects America
  • support for law enforcement and reducing illegal immigration
  • less government interference
  • family values
  • conservative judges
  • Fire 2