Jim Jordan & Dennis Hastert

peanut

Why are people so eager to defend a former asst coach that at the very least turned a blind eye to the locker room conversations?  I blame Hellickson as well.  I understand fully why wrestlers did not want to come forward.  Because the same victim blaming we are seeing in this thread was very much en vogue (and still is) at the time.

12 minutes ago, neutral said:

Why are people so eager to defend a former asst coach that at the very least turned a blind eye to the locker room conversations?  I blame Hellickson as well.  I understand fully why wrestlers did not want to come forward.  Because the same victim blaming we are seeing in this thread was very much en vogue (and still is) at the time.

Politics.  They would defend him if they saw him shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th avenue.

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Yes.  And if you know more and have concrete evidence that Jordan did in fact know something, and purposely didn't say anything, then do share.  And if you do, and no one else in the world does since he has never been sued/charged/fired/not allowed to be elected to the Senate, etc for this. Otherwise, you, just like me, have no clue as to what truly happened.  And thus go on hating Jordan...like I said, I truly don't care....I haven't followed his political stuff closely enough to hate, or not hate him.

I read a comment from one of the wrestlers which said:

“None of us used the words ‘sexual abuse’ when we talked about what Doc Strauss was doing to us, we just knew it was weird and Jimmy knew about it because we talked about it all the time in the locker room, at practices, everywhere.”

Extrapolating out the context and how it may have been talked about, this is probably what logically happened (I would love to have heard this comment in full context and there be more specifics honestly).  In the context of things, and during that time in our society, we could, and people are, playing armchair quarterback with it.  Why didn't all this come out BEFORE Jordan took office, or even when he was running?  Hmmmm???  I am NOT blaming the victims, I am blaming our society for attacking people, well after the fact, due to obvious political reasons.  

So let’s clear this up all nice and simple clear. You agree that it’s at least quite possible that there are a good number of people who their opinion on this is NOT based on Jim Jordan’s politics. 

Nobody is arguing with you that there are people that are politically bias and that is the base of their opinion, it’s your continuing insinuation that the only reason anyone around here could have a negative opinion toward Jordan on this is politics, that is directly false.

Likewise, nobody said you blamed the victims. Creating accusations to then ‘have to’ defend against does not help your cause. 

56 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

According to an insider, Jim Jordan, there are no victims.

I don't think Jordan has ever said that Plasi.  He has said he was not aware of it.   I gave a link that details the accusations against Jordan made by team members and also votes of support for what Jordan has said by other team members. 

It appears that not even the team is able to come together on this.  If they can't, it seems ludicrous to base an opinion on Jordan that is based on this controversy.  

Again, like someone on this board said, not convicted nor prosecuted so therefore all is right with the world.  If it works for some, it works for all.  

mspart

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, mspart said:

I don't think Jordan has ever said that Plasi.  He has said he was not aware of it.   I gave a link that details the accusations against Jordan made by team members and also votes of support for what Jordan has said by other team members. 

It appears that not even the team is able to come together on this.  If they can't, it seems ludicrous to base an opinion on Jordan that is based on this controversy.  

Again, like someone on this board said, not convicted nor prosecuted so therefore all is right with the world.  If it works for some, it works for all.  

mspart

I suppose that is true.  He is past the point of plausible deniability though.  Even Hellickson publicly acknowledged issues with the guy.

6 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Unfortunately there are some victims who have directly said yes he absolutely knew. 

How can you prove that someone knows what someone else knew?  Especially if the person says they didn't know what the other person thought they knew?  

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, ionel said:

How can you prove that someone knows what someone else knew?  Especially if the person says they didn't know what the other person thought they knew?  

Maybe someone who knows someone else knew had a direct conversation with that someone else, told them, and therefore knew they knew?

18 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Graduated from OSU in 86. Coached from 87-95.

Okay - let's get this part right. Jordan graduated from the University of WISCONSIN in 1986 where he was a two time national champ. He later picked up a law degree at tOSU. You guys make me doubt that you know anything about what you are saying.

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I don’t see a court date coming up soon?

There are allegations a court date was set but he ignored the subpoena and got a nice fat promotion as a reward for his efforts.  Now he directs an entire committee to probe whether other people flaunt the law.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

There are allegations a court date was set but he ignored the subpoena and got a nice fat promotion as a reward for his efforts.  Now he directs an entire committee to probe whether other people flaunt the law.

I know a congresswoman was attempting to subpoena him while this was going through that process of the related bill, but of course that subpoena was blocked by the committee chair. 

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Appears he's being tried in the court of public opinion.  

Yeah, that tends to happen a good bit when you’re a congressman. When you need to be elected to maintain your job, public opinion is kind of a ……thing. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

5 hours ago, npope said:

Okay - let's get this part right. Jordan graduated from the University of WISCONSIN in 1986 where he was a two time national champ. He later picked up a law degree at tOSU. You guys make me doubt that you know anything about what you are saying.

Ha.

"Jordan earned a master's degree in education from Ohio State University and a Juris Doctor from the Capital University Law School."