Wrestle-offs Schedule and Results

flyingcement

36 minutes ago, OH-Wolverine said:

Anyone got any inside scoop of Michigans private wrestle offs? 

Right now I don't think they're really doing much this year beyond informal room evaluations of the guys.

All the high-level graduate transfers are probably automatic starters, and the remainder of the weights appear set except perhaps for 197.

For now, look forward to the MSU Open in a few weeks to see how the new freshmen and everyone else is panning out.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Sheerstress said:

Right now I don't think they're really doing much this year beyond informal room evaluations of the guys.

All the high-level graduate transfers are probably automatic starters, and the remainder of the weights appear set except perhaps for 197.

For now, look forward to the MSU Open in a few weeks to see how the new freshmen and everyone else is panning out.

Here are a few things I have heard as well in addition to what you said as well (Grad Transfers slotting in where they wish).

125/133 We should expect to see Horwath get his five.

133/141 Apparently Ragusin is okay going 141 but he is having trouble getting his weight up (he is lighter than Cannon)

149 They may send a slew of gents at 149, including Mayora, Gilcher, Lemley, and Jerore.  Don't be surprised if Jerore or Lemley end up seeing time at 149 or Jerore as the starter ar 141 if Ragusin does end up using his redshirt. 

184 Walker is not conceding the spot to Rogers.

197 They are considering as many as eight gents for this weight, including Walters and the odd man out at 184.  Expect everyone who is healthy to go at the MSU Open.

285 Jenkins is looking like he will be a solid guy for 2024-25.  Pretty excited for that.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

UNC:

Blue/White Wrestle-Offs
Friday, October 27 - Carmichael Arena 

174: Nolan O'Boyle over Omaury Alvarez - 21-6 TF
125: Spencer Moore over Marco Tocci - 4-1 Dec
133: Caden McCrary over Jace Palmer - 4-1 SV Dec
141: Lachlan McNeil over Derek Guanajuato - 14-1 MD
149: Jayden Scott over Connor Alexander - 10-3 Dec
157: Danny Nini over Cullen Kane - 19-4 TF
165: Isaias Estrada over Marcus Murabito - 4-2 Dec
174: Sabino Portella over Nolan O'Boyle
184: Chris Salazar over Wilson Major - 4-3 Dec
285: Alberto Hernandez over Adam Honis - 14-7 Dec

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Here are a few things I have heard as well in addition to what you said as well (Grad Transfers slotting in where they wish).

125/133 We should expect to see Horwath get his five.

133/141 Apparently Ragusin is okay going 141 but he is having trouble getting his weight up (he is lighter than Cannon)

149 They may send a slew of gents at 149, including Mayora, Gilcher, Lemley, and Jerore.  Don't be surprised if Jerore or Lemley end up seeing time at 149 or Jerore as the starter ar 141 if Ragusin does end up using his redshirt. 

184 Walker is not conceding the spot to Rogers.

197 They are considering as many as eight gents for this weight, including Walters and the odd man out at 184.  Expect everyone who is healthy to go at the MSU Open.

285 Jenkins is looking like he will be a solid guy for 2024-25.  Pretty excited for that.

Lemley must have gotten massive, is Walters knee okay? Last photo I seen he had it braced up. I’m looking forward to seeing Jenkins at the MSU open, he looks likes filling out the weight. 

19 hours ago, RandolphTJones said:

This is where i'm curious to see how the 3 point takedown may favor some people, aka the wrestlers who were historically weak on bottom, good/great in neutral. 

Reading the description in the link about tOSU’s wrestleoffs, it sounds like Bouzakis/Gonzales would have went to SV if not for 3 pt takedowns

7 hours ago, OH-Wolverine said:

Lemley must have gotten massive, is Walters knee okay? Last photo I seen he had it braced up. I’m looking forward to seeing Jenkins at the MSU open, he looks likes filling out the weight. 

That was why I said healthy.

I also think 149 is too high for Lemley and Jerore. I think 141 makes more sense

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Hwt1 said:

Dresser said he was expecting a full house - looks like about 300-400 lol. Compare that to the picture of Ohio State. Year 7 for Dresser - still no top 10 finishes.

They have their best team yet.  If the frost brothers improve as much through the season as they have the last year then they have medal contenders at every weight except 157, 174, and 197 and even those weights have guys who could make an interesting run with the right brackets.

21 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

They have their best team yet.  If the frost brothers improve as much through the season as they have the last year then they have medal contenders at every weight except 157, 174, and 197 and even those weights have guys who could make an interesting run with the right brackets.

If Chittum goes at 157 I expect him to be a medal contender. Actually I think he would be more likely to AA for them than 125, 133, 141 & probably equal with 149. They have a lot of guys in that 12-20 range. Solid NQ but will need a good performance to AA

Minnesota doesn't do wrestle-offs, but they had simulated matches last night in the wrestling room.  At the contested weights, Blaine Brenner seems to be the favorite at 165, and Garret Joles and Gabe Nagel pretty even at 197.  The true freshman class looked outstanding, and while I don't see any of them starting, I expect most of them to get close to the allowed five competitions in.

• Fire 4

Davidson IntraSquad matches: 

125: Johnny Hager major over Ennis Ljikovic

133: Jackson Sichelstiel dec over Hale Robinson

141: Devin Diaco dec over Bryce Clement

149: Tyler McKnight tech fall over Josh Viarengo

149: Brock Carey pin over Noah Frack

157: Ian McGhee over Dan Yetsick

174: Marc Koch over Savoy New

197: Cameo Blakenship major dec over Dylan Smith

285: Jake Fernicola dec over DJ Spring

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Gus said:

If Chittum goes at 157 I expect him to be a medal contender. Actually I think he would be more likely to AA for them than 125, 133, 141 & probably equal with 149. They have a lot of guys in that 12-20 range. Solid NQ but will need a good performance to AA

I honestly was thinking Kraisser when I said that.  I do think Chittum has a good chance.  We haven't seen him in Folkstyle at the collegiate level yet, though.  While he might AA I think his floor is just as low as Kraisser's.