Israel Attacked

Bigbrog

10 hours ago, mspart said:

I think Israel has been very clear that this is an operation to cleanse Gaza of Hamas, all of Hamas.   It is Hamas that will negotiate terms.   Unless they are eradicated.   That's the way I understand it.   You are correct, the PA is not involved.

To be quite clear, the Palestinians in Gaza have suffered because Hamas has taken all aid and given it to themselves first in the form of its munitions, its investments, and its tunnels.   There is precious little left for the Gazans after that. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/27/world/middleeast/palestine-gazans-hamas-food.html

As Gazans Scrounge for Food and Water, Hamas Sits on a Rich Trove of Supplies

Hamas has spent years stockpiling desperately needed fuel, food and medicine, as well as ammo and weapons, in the miles of tunnels it has carved out under Gaza.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/13/israel-gaza-hamas-war-west-bank/

Israel orders 1 million Gazans to evacuate;

...  “We need to separate them,” Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant told reporters. “Those that want to save their life, please go south.”

Hamas dismissed the warnings as “psychological war” and told citizens to stay.

mspart

Great post by mspart.

It isn't the Israeli's, and it isn't the Palestinians at fault. Hamas are the bad guys here.

It is big and complicated and there is a lot of history, but at the end of the day it is distilled into a simple equation.

Hamas = Evil.

(I'd prefer to see an adjusted campaign by Israel that resulted in less civilian casualties than we are currently seeing. But, at the same time, war is neither predictable nor manageable. Which is why we should all work hard to avoid it rather than invite it.) 

• Fire 1

On 10/30/2023 at 8:44 AM, Offthemat said:

There’s a war going on.  Skip it if you can. 

On 10/30/2023 at 8:46 AM, uncle bernard said:

yeah @WrestlingRasta 

there are dead children and war crimes to justify. @Offthemat can’t just take a week off. 

Ya'll are correct.  I should have stuck around and contributed to the fine progress ya'll have made in resolving this mess.  Peace shall reign supreme, and I passed on the opportunity to be a part of it.

14 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

“Injured civilians?”  Are you sure it wasn’t women and children?  Liars.  Hamas uses ambulances for transportation like they use civilians for shields.  And now they know they’re not even safe in an ambulance.  In the picture, notice it’s only military aged men, all wearing the Hamas uniform. 

11 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

“Injured civilians?”  Are you sure it wasn’t women and children?  Liars.  Hamas uses ambulances for transportation like they use civilians for shields.  And now they know they’re not even safe in an ambulance.  In the picture, notice it’s only military aged men, all wearing the Hamas uniform. 

If you look close you can see a horse under the Ambulance. The van hit the horse causing the damage to the Ambulance. I think if it was an airstrike the Ambulance would have been destroyed.

3 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

If you look close, you will see that ambulance hit and ran over a horse. that is what caused the damage to the Ambulance. Not a bomb or missile.

You mean we can’t trust Quds News Network or Uncle Ben Raden?

I didn’t see a rear axle and thought maybe that’s where the damage was, but now I see the horse and blood on the side of the van. 

8 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Nard Dog sticking up for the real victims, Hamas and Hezzbollah. 

what a time to be alive. 

i should ban him just for being a piece of shit. 

your mind is so rotted that you cant conceive of having empathy for a captive civilian population living under one tyrannical government while being bombed by another. 

3 hours ago, Paul158 said:

If you look close you can see a horse under the Ambulance. The van hit the horse causing the damage to the Ambulance. I think if it was an airstrike the Ambulance would have been destroyed.

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I didn’t see a rear axle and thought maybe that’s where the damage was, but now I see the horse and blood on the side of the van. 

The IDF claimed the strike on the ambulance. That picture is probably of a different incident but the IDF did target an ambulance and confirmed it. 

3 hours ago, Paul158 said:

3 hours ago, Offthemat said: