A.J. Ferrari's case has been dismissed, he will join the Hawkeyes next season

Jimmy Cinnabon

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I feel so bad for Tony Cassioppi.  What a rollercoaster of thinking your college career is over due to NCAA suspension, only to be reinstated, only to be supplanted by another Italian Stallion.

I do not think it will be a forgone conclusion that AJF will beat Tony C out for the spot at heavyweight.   If AJF is not capable or interested in making 197 anymore he will have to take the spot from big Tony on the mat.

1 minute ago, lu1979 said:

I do not think it will be a forgone conclusion that AJF will beat Tony C out for the spot at heavyweight.   If AJF is not capable or interested in making 197 anymore he will have to take the spot from big Tony on the mat.

AJ is a NCAA champ and has bulked up considerably while Cassioppi has lost weight (and lost more matches).  I'll take AJ with Cassioppi probably transferring out.

• Haha 1

Did A.J.'s accuser demand money of him and then say she didn't want to testify in criminal proceedings?   Or was the case dismissed due to insufficient evidence?  

For perspective, might this article from Ann Coulter be worth a read?

https://anncoulter.com/2014/12/17/one-in-five-people-who-write-for-rolling-stone-are-morons/

EXCERPT:

"We are truly in the middle of a rape epidemic: an epidemic of women falsely claiming to have been raped. It’s said that “women never lie about rape!” But the evidence shows that women lie about rape all the time -– for attention, for revenge and for an alibi. All serious studies of the matter suggest that at least 40 percent of rape claims are false. The U.S. Air Force, for example, examined more than a thousand rape allegations on military bases over the course of four years and concluded that 46 percent were false. In 27 percent of the cases, the accuser recanted. A large study of rape allegations over nine years in a small Midwestern city, by Eugene J. Kanin of Purdue University, found that 41 percent of the rape claims were false."

4 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Ferrari plead Nolo Contendere aka No Contest to the charges. Per the docket he will need to take anger management courses and send apology letters to the victims.

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=payne&number=CM-2022-807&cmid=414806

Information on a no contest plea for those who are only internet lawyers.

https://www.hoganeickhoff.com/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-a-guilty-plea-and-a-no-contest-plea/

Victims?  I thought there was only one.

Unfortunately our legal system gives folks alternatives that result all too often in "no contest" (or even guilty) pleas by innocent folks.    Would you plead guilty and accept an 8 year sentence instead of potentially getting convicted and serving an 80 year one?    Fortunately the Duke lacrosse players took their chances, lawyered up and proved their innocence.   The stripper who accused them was found to have jizz in her undies from how many different dudes that day?   Ugh...   Nevertheless, the lacrosse season had been canceled that year.   

Women get falsely accused of raping kids all the time, too, especially teachers, coaches, babysitters and even neighbors.   More kids should learn to wrestle.    

More women should wrestle, as well.  It's harder to rape a female wrestler, I bet.   Meanwhile, it's a fact that taxpayers can't keep devoting so many resources to incarcerating people who have such high odds of being innocent.       

In no way am I condoning rape.   I do admire how Ann Coulter researches her articles in a lawyerly way, though, and stands up against conformist mobs with regularity.    

Edited by BobDole
No need for that stupid link

Anyone here from Idaho?   This (former) state rep. and Afghanistan war veteran, Aaron von Ehlinger, was found guilty on the charge of rape yet acquitted on the charge of forcible penetration.   Might that be logically inconsistent?   At any rate, he's now serving 20 years in prison, with a possibility of parole after 8:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_von_Ehlinger

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Gotta admit Minnow has been pretty accurate recently.   Also pretty sure he has a relationship with the Ferrari family

Also says AJ has three years of eligibility left.  Is that accurate?   I think it might be with the "free year."

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

5 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Anyone here from Idaho?   This (former) state rep. and Afghanistan war veteran, Aaron von Ehlinger, was found guilty on the charge of rape yet acquitted on the charge of forcible penetration.   Might that be logically inconsistent?   At any rate, he's now serving 20 years in prison, with a possibility of parole after 8:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_von_Ehlinger

I promise you, it's ok not to comment on shit you don't know about.  He was charged with rape and forcible penetration WITH A FOREIGN OBJECT.  So no, the verdicts re not inconsistent.

• Fire 2

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Also says AJ has three years of eligibility left.  Is that accurate?

Not sure but sounds about right.   Interestingly wrestlestat shows 2022 as a medical.  But I’d guess that counts and 2023 may need to be a redshirt due to the 4 in 5 rule.  

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Not sure but sounds about right.   Interestingly wrestlestat shows 2022 as a medical.  But I’d guess that counts and 2023 may need to be a redshirt due to the 4 in 5 rule.  

The free year complicates things.  I think Has 5 years to do 4 after the free year... now we are talking "injury redshirt" 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken