POLITICS nowadays...

D3 for LU

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

What I don’t like about this is it leads to this:

image.thumb.jpeg.61dad6a7fd16537edc61e203bbc0ea65.jpeg

Well...

little-boy-playing-with-matches-bettmann

That's what happens when you let them(so called adults that say they're politicians) play w/ matches.

Sooo... where are the "adults?"

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

47 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Btw, your absence was noticed.  Welcome back!

Thanks Plasi.   Yes we are back from a 2 week Italy trip.   It was fantastic.   I did keep up with the World Championships while away so that was good. 

mspart

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, jross said:

Peaceful protests.

image.png.e1aa42c15d7a0247eb12ca045f881703.png

In fact,  93% of them were.  This picture is likely from the Unite the Right terrorism. 

https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

32 minutes ago, jross said:

7 out of 100 demonstrations having violence is bad in and of itself.  When adding the context that over 200 locations with demonstrations included violence, it is remarkably awful.

Not at all.

For one,  the number that I provided to you is not even known by the right wing hate mongers who think minority protesters are more violent than white terrorists. The numbers don't hold up.

Second, put together 100 events where angry white people attend with alcohol and I'l assure you that you'll get more than seven incidents of violence. 

Ain't gonna sell with me. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

23 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Not at all.

For one,  the number that I provided to you is not even known by the right wing hate mongers who think minority protesters are more violent than white terrorists. The numbers don't hold up.

Second, put together 100 events where angry white people attend with alcohol and I'l assure you that you'll get more than seven incidents of violence. 

Ain't gonna sell with me. 

What is your 7% source?  The times (link) or the ACLED report (link), correct?

• In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations, meanwhile, have been limited to fewer than 220 locations — under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests. In many urban areas like Portland, Oregon, for example, which has seen sustained unrest since Floyd’s killing, violent demonstrations are largely confined to specific blocks, rather than dispersed throughout the city (CNN, 1 September 2020).   

1 out of 10 distinct locations with demonstrations included violence!  There is no positive spin!

I assure you that the science will support that violence often increases among men with alcohol... regardless of skin color.  

Edited by jross
remove whitespace

10 minutes ago, jross said:

What is your 7% source?  The times (link) or the ACLED report (link), correct?

• In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations, meanwhile, have been limited to fewer than 220 locations — under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests. In many urban areas like Portland, Oregon, for example, which has seen sustained unrest since Floyd’s killing, violent demonstrations are largely confined to specific blocks, rather than dispersed throughout the city (CNN, 1 September 2020).   

1 out of 10 distinct locations with demonstrations included violence!  There is no positive spin!

I assure you that the science will support that violence often increases among men with alcohol... regardless of skin color.  

The sources are included,  but for methodology,  I always go to the original source,  as methodology is where any potential flaws can be found. 

All I know is that the 7% number dies not match with the fantasy that you tried to sell earlier in this thread.  You tried to insinuate that their protests are violent.  Statistics show otherwise. 

1 hour ago, jross said:
  17 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

In fact,  93% of them were.  This picture is likely from the Unite the Right terrorism. 

https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/

Same logic when applied to the axis powers in WW2:  Of 87 million Germans fewer than 7 million (8%) ever picked up much less fired/operated a weapon.  For the Italians the percentage was even lower.  So, actually, WW2 at 94%+ was EVEN MORE PEACEFUL than our peaceful summer of love.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Same logic when applied to the axis powers in WW2:  Of 87 million Germans fewer than 7 million (8%) ever picked up much less fired/operated a weapon.  For the Italians the percentage was even lower.  So, actually, WW2 at 94%+ was EVEN MORE PEACEFUL than our peaceful summer of love.

That's just stupid. 

Yeah,  black folks who speak out against big gubment union thug abuse are tantamount to Nazis.

Let's keep upping the stupid,  folks. 

11 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Then just keep posting

Gladly.  Feel free to pernt out any errors.

I'll not hold my breath,  as you never seem to,  all the while I'm inviting you to.

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

It’d be easier to point out your statements that are correct, or respectable. 

No,  it'd be exactly the opposite.

As I told you yesterday,  I only state facts,  so any falsehoods ( good luck) will take minimal effort from you. 

9 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Another for the “entirely false” list. 

Funny you're not offering any examples though.  Why not?