2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

3 minutes ago, scribers said:

I honestly don’t know what adjustments Snyder would have to make. He lives on shots and got beat on them. Both turns came from different angles. I suppose Snyder could slow it down and make it count. Or shot clock his opponent into actually doing something other than counter. 

He could get bigger again and go back to winning positionally with push outs and forward pressure instead of more committed leg attacks, but clearly the focus for him at NLWC has been to be a little lighter, a little faster, and a little more offensive.  

Obviously it's easy to critique now, but this style suits him less than the formula he used to win his first 3 titles.  

Just now, Pa in Taiwan said:

Only about half a million people now speak Aramaic. Since the Middle Ages it has largely been replaced by Arabic, but it survived as a spoken language in a number of Jewish communities in the mountainous regions of northern Iraq, south-east Turkey and western Iran down to modern times.

Thanks. i am told they love to recite the tales of Gilgamesh to their childern

24 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Musukaev just beat the current Russian not 15 minutes ago. 

Well he doesn't give a shit, either.  Guy smokes 160 cigs a day and you think he cares?

EDIT: Also, there are no Russians here.  Just Athletes from Independent Neutrasia.

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, Takuto_Otoguro said:

Iranians are not Arabs. They speak Urdu I believe for the most part. 

I know there is a poet in Shiraz- composed lots of good poetry in Urdu.

Have you been to Shiraz my good friend?

Shame we didn t get to see amouzad-otoguro match today

Micic (homer because Michigan), Dake (homer because USA), Usmanov, Nurmagomedov (homer because Zahid)

Objectively speaking I think Usmanov is the only pick I have confidence in. Moderate confidence in Nurmagomedov, 50/50 on Dake, and probably less than 10% on Micic... Higuchi is going to be big.

• Fire 1

... I would like to thank ALL for the history lesson this morning. It can be very confusing in who speaks what to whom.

Now, are we scheduled for more wrestling at 10:45am or what?

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Anyone else up for Arujau to 65 KG and not 57 KG?

If someone's peak weight is higher than the weight class they are going for, I imagine they will perform worse while sucking.

I have a feeling Zain is going down.  70 KG is perfect for him... 74 KG is close than 65 KG, so I would prefer he go up.  I imagine he's going down, though.

Imagine this... Lee gets Bronze.

Zain and Arujau are sitting in the semifinals at OTT.  That bracket would be bonkers.

I think Arujau pulls a Stalrocci, though, and heads to a different weight from his Bestie.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Micic (homer because Michigan), Dake (homer because USA), Usmanov, Nurmagomedov (homer because Zahid)

Objectively speaking I think Usmanov is the only pick I have confidence in. Moderate confidence in Nurmagomedov, 50/50 on Dake, and probably less than 10% on Micic... Higuchi is going to be big.

Micic (Most confident pick... 5% chance in reality, 100% Chance due to circumstances+Homerism)
Sidakov. I think he's better, and then Dake will probably tech him at the Olympics or some ish. 
Usmanov because he's just better 
Nurmagomedov because of what he did to Yoshida. 

Nurmagomedov seems like the biggest lock honestly
Then Usmanov
Then the other 2 who knows. I mean in any other circumstance if it was Higuchi vs anyone not named Uguev/Abakarov I'd make this my most confident, but since its Micic, I'm going to pretend its a coinflip

Also... FYI... in case people want to have wool over their eyes for it with the 97 KG semifinals...

The kid legitimately wrestles for Sadulaev when he isn't donning a Bahrainian singlet.

25 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Do you even follow wrestling or are you okay being stupid?

What do you think, nhs?  He's BaldAt23!

(Unlike yours truly... who will probably be bald after 70.🙄)

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

58 minutes ago, BaldAt23 said:

Do you just make stuff up?

Can't get to 3700 posts without getting reps in. 😉

I just hope he's wrong about this one. 

It's also totally possible that Sadulaev makes the guy look like he didn't try - Hell, when he's in top form he looks like he doesn't even try. Given the descriptions of Russians at home scoring on Sad, I don't believe this is the case. I think Sadulaev looks less impressive than in years past, just on the eye test. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Also... FYI... in case people want to have wool over their eyes for it with the 97 KG semifinals...

The kid legitimately wrestles for Sadulaev when he isn't donning a Bahrainian singlet.

Small world!

D3

• Haha 1