2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

I'm at work and furtively watching the FLO stream... but a lot of work-related interruptions.

Sudalaev certainly pulled a rabbit out of the hat w/ his win over the Iranian.

D3

• Fire 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, Takuto_Otoguro said:

Has Snyder improved at all since he was 19? Or even since going to Penn State cause he lost to Sharifov? 

Also he always gets 4'd, even at worlds and olympics. But usually he can chip his way back into the match with takedowns. Russian - Bahrain dude is dangerous. 

Considering he has won 2 world titles and an Olympic title since then, I would say he has improved 

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Obviously Bahrainian has Soviet ties, so Sadulaev isn't losing that match.

It seems the only former Russian who actually tries against current Russians is Cabalov at 74 KG.

Musukaev just beat the current Russian not 15 minutes ago. 

• Fire 3

Thanks to everyone who responded to me asking how he lost. 

With that said, someone asked if he's improved since 19? That's a fair question. Having the Russian Tank in your class is tough, but this beat down is an absolute head scratcher. Why panic like you guys made it sound like he did? One of his biggest strengths has always been his gas tank. Push in the second! Nickel and dime the Bahrain guy! Damn, two 4s?!?!?!

1 minute ago, Gantry said:

Musukaev just beat the current Russian not 15 minutes ago. 

I caught that match... did Musakaev get his lungs transplanted recently?!?

(Amazing recovery, I must say!)

D3

• Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

8 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Iran should've done what I've suggested in the past: Start celebrating with :09 to go. Run around inside the circle with your hands up shouting "I beat Sadulaev in Arabic!" 

I believe they speak Akkadian over there....Slightly different flavor of a semetic language but Arabic is close enough

• Fire 1

I honestly don’t know what adjustments Snyder would have to make. He lives on shots and got beat on them. Both turns came from different angles. I suppose Snyder could slow it down and make it count. Or shot clock his opponent into actually doing something other than counter. 

1 minute ago, Lleynor said:

Thanks to everyone who responded to me asking how he lost. 

With that said, someone asked if he's improved since 19? That's a fair question. Having the Russian Tank in your class is tough, but this beat down is an absolute head scratcher. Why panic like you guys made it sound like he did? One of his biggest strengths has always been his gas tank. Push in the second! Nickel and dime the Bahrain guy! Damn, two 4s?!?!?!

He was overextended on the first leg attack and counter. Then he went high single on the edge, probably figured on getting a step out, but got whizzered to his chest and countered for two. The last one, he appeared in the most sound sound position - high crotch, changed off to double, had his but under him, but the guy reached to the crotch and took him over for 4. 

Watching it all again, I think it was more impressive than live. 

I doubt those counters work quite so well when worn down, but Tazhudinov teched his first two opponents in the first period too. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Window12 said:

I believe they speak Akkadian over there....Slightly different flavor of a semetic language but Arabic is close enough

In general, Iranians are not Arabic.  In general, they speak Farsi. 

Edited by Bulldog
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Window12 said:

No- Sorry I got it wrong- Aramaic

Only about half a million people now speak Aramaic. Since the Middle Ages it has largely been replaced by Arabic, but it survived as a spoken language in a number of Jewish communities in the mountainous regions of northern Iraq, south-east Turkey and western Iran down to modern times.

• Fire 2