2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

2 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Phew... 10-6 for Kyle... now , he'll have to deal w/ the Tank for the bronze.

(Does Sudalaev show up for that match after yesterdays def. in the semis?)

D3

I’m guessing Sadulaev doesn’t show. If he does, it makes it look like he wasn’t really injured yesterday and just broke (not saying that’s the case, but that’s what it would look like).

Related question: How does Olympic qualification work for AIN athletes? Can he qualify the weight for Russia here? Or would it be qualifying as an individual? Obviously that’s a big motivation to get him to wrestle, but I doubt he wants to wrestle Snyder while he’s not 100%

• Fire 1

I’m guessing Sadulaev doesn’t show. If he does, it makes it look like he wasn’t really injured yesterday and just broke (not saying that’s the case, but that’s what it would look like).

Related question: How does Olympic qualification work for AIN athletes? Can he qualify the weight for Russia here? Or would it be qualifying as an individual? Obviously that’s a big motivation to get him to wrestle, but I doubt he wants to wrestle Snyder while he’s not 100%

My understanding is that Olympic qualification earned by AIN athletes is to be assessed by the IOC and UWW in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

My understanding is that Olympic qualification earned by AIN athletes is to be assessed by the IOC and UWW in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jason Bryant said:

When they win those bouts, my scripting is instructed to say "XXXX receives a quota as an Independent athlete"

Thanks guys. I’m not exactly sure what this means, but it seems like no one does at the moment lol

2 and 3 seed on bottom in 76 KG are down.  I think if Gray (76 KG) wins her next one against Japan she should slide rather easily into Gold/Silver match.

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Hildebrandt (50 KG) has an Azera in her bottom 1/4er as well.  Not sure who she sees out of the Russian (assuming Russo and not Belarusian) or Mongolian in the semifinals if she makes the semifinals.

Edited by nhs67

Keep in mind that of the matches that started today only 50  KG, 57 KG, and 76 KG are Olympic weights.  65 KG is not an Olympic weight, so Kilty is wrestling for a bye to the semi-finals of a different weight.

Also, Winchester (55 KG) and Page (59 KG) are also non-Olympic qualifiers.  If Page wins her Bronze she also earns a bye to the semifinals and Winchester has already earned it by making the finals.

Medalists in non-Olympic weights can choose which weight they want to go for OTT.  Not sure if it has to be an adjacent weight or not - although that is most likely the case in every scenario.

1 hour ago, Jason Bryant said:

When they win those bouts, my scripting is instructed to say "XXXX receives a quota as an Independent athlete"

The IOC and UWW are "The Ambiguously Gray Duo." 

I was going to use logic to try to pretzel out an answer, but that has failed me in the past when trying to decode statements from The Ambiguously Gray Duo. 

5 minutes ago, fishbane said:

Why didn't Otoguro wrestle in the repechage?  This leaves both the gold and silver medalists from Tokyo not qualified at 65kg.  The only such mens freestyle weight.

Oto has been hurt on and off for years.  It isn't surprising that he was too hurt to make weight for the backside.

1 minute ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

The IOC and UWW are "The Ambiguously Gray Duo." 

I was going to use logic to try to pretzel out an answer, but that has failed me in the past when trying to decode statements from The Ambiguously Gray Duo. 

2 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

As of right now they do qualify for Russia - as it was announced on their stream last night after Usmanov won.  The word Russia was used.

Just now, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I think that Poland just hit an Assassin on Mat A. Wow! 

Was it a John Wick style assassin or Jason Bourne?

Asking for a friend.

Also, what was he doing on the mat?

• Fire 1