Twitter is better

jross

44 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you can't be ***duck duck goose** serious. 

there's zero difference.

the result is the same. he didn't fire them b/c of ability. he fired them b/c they weren't needed.

your position makes no sense. there was no 'karma' here

Read the article before discussing why he fired them.  Big difference between that and a layoff, which they survived.

i have read that they were fired b/c they didn't need that many coders and engineers.

are you saying that is not accurate? 

and then are you saying there is something in the reason for their firing that makes the current situation poetic? 

TBD

24 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

why do you guys so clearly and obviously want Elon to fail?

c'mon, say it. say it out loud.

sheep

If I am one of the guys you are referencing, you have misread me.  I am indifferent to it's failure or success.

I chime in because I think the Elon situation is funny.  I imagine him swashbuckling in like Tony Stark and immediately boiling some hyper complex issue down to a simple solution.  Unlike the Ironman, he is demonstrably wrong on every level.  He shamelessly rinses, lathers and repeats.   It is amusing.

5 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i have read that they were fired b/c they didn't need that many coders and engineers.

are you saying that is not accurate? 

and then are you saying there is something in the reason for their firing that makes the current situation poetic? 

He fired those individuals because they mocked his failures in their internal company communications.

I didn't  say there is poetic justice, I  just made a comment on capitalism that he fired them and then complained they got another job.

Just now, Plasmodium said:

He fired those individuals because they mocked his failures in their internal company communications.

He did? can you show me where this is confirmed? b/c i read it was b/c of a bloated payroll.

I didn't  say there is poetic justice, I  just made a comment on capitalism that he fired them and then complained they got another job.

that's not a 'capitalism' thing; it's a labor law thing. 

TBD

He fired those individuals because they mocked his failures in their internal company communications.

He did? can you show me where this is confirmed? b/c i read it was b/c of a bloated payroll.

>But were you not just talking shit about people just believing what they read??  😂. Douchebag

23 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

He fired those individuals because they mocked his failures in their internal company communications.

He did? can you show me where this is confirmed? b/c i read it was b/c of a bloated payroll.

>But were you not just talking shit about people just believing what they read??  😂. Douchebag

Are you drinking and posting on that bbq dock?

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This outage was unprecedented in twitters market.  Other companies service far greater volume and do so more reliably.   It was announced by him, he is both the CTO and owner. It is on him.

what do you mean 'in twitters market' ? 

twitter had crapped out pre-Elon for sure.

anywho, when i asked for examples, i was referencing 'fired b/c they mocked him'.

outages happen. if you blame it entirely on Elon.... you're just lying to yourself. 

• Fire 1

TBD

6 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

what do you mean 'in twitters market' ? 

twitter had crapped out pre-Elon for sure.

anywho, when i asked for examples, i was referencing 'fired b/c they mocked him'.

outages happen. if you blame it entirely on Elon.... you're just lying to yourself. 

This link was in the post. you responded to. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/elon-musk-fires-twitter-engineers-critical-posts-twitter-slack-rcna57250

14 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Well, actually…. I was, after posting, just sitting on the dock with a little smoke. Now I’m gonna sit in the pool and watch TV. 

@Husker_Du I’ll do you a solid and throw on a news channel. What would you suggest?

TASS is my go-to

TBD

In my opinion, an actual "genius" has an area of focus where they are proven to be great. Then, likely because they focus so much of their energy there - they tend to lack skills in other areas, sometimes simple areas (like Einstein forgetting to put on his socks before his shoes.)
The thing here is that Musk is no genius. Smart and weird, but not a genius by any stretch. Born and raised in Africa by a wealthy family, he was a spoiled rich kid. His success in the US is largely because he had a lot of money to invest in the ideas of geniuses and to hire even more geniuses. (Something Bill Gates has always said was the basis for his success since the 90's.)
It is strange how the media portrays all of Musk's companies' successes as somehow being his ideas and his genius - when neither is even close to being true.
Even more strange that US citizens believe it and idolize the guy from Africa who was born into money.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you can't be ***duck duck goose** serious. 

there's zero difference.

the result is the same. he didn't fire them b/c of ability. he fired them b/c they weren't needed.

your position makes no sense. there was no 'karma' here

A layoff is a much different thing than a firing.

I've had the unfortunate responsibility of having to do both. They are much different.

8 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

why do you guys so clearly and obviously want Elon to fail?

c'mon, say it. say it out loud.

sheep

I'm not sure what to make of this post except that it is putrid.

By you, anyone who questions this guy is categorized as "wanting him to fail" and as "sheep." That's dumb AF.

Worse yet, you do the mega-church hype "say it out loud" routine to deliver it. Ughh... you fail as a con-man.

GWN, can you follow it up with substance? maybe answer the question?

pretty funny how all the lefties lost their collective mind at the same time elon was changing posting/information policy and not allowing the WH to determine messaging.

the audacity! i mean it only involved elections and medical information during a effin pandemic. 

so yes, say it out loud. say why the left largely roots for twitter/elon to fail. 

TBD

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

GWN, can you follow it up with substance? maybe answer the question?

pretty funny how all the lefties lost their collective mind at the same time elon was changing posting/information policy and not allowing the WH to determine messaging.

the audacity! i mean it only involved elections and medical information during a effin pandemic. 

so yes, say it out loud. say why the left largely roots for twitter/elon to fail. 

I know you didn't ask me, but I don't view the Musk/Twitter acquisition through a political lense. I am in it for the humor and entertainment. It has elements of a greek tragedy centered on hubris. Will his hubris cost him? Or will he pull this off? Musk makes it impossible to look away.

He basically decided to buy Twitter on a whim because it seemed fun. Hell, his offer price was even a weed joke. You can argue that he bought it because as its greatest user he loved it more than its creator, and certainly more than it executives at the time.

Then when he realized he overpaid, or when he got bored, he tried to back out of the deal in the most hilarious way possible by declaring that the mDAU was inflated and he was somehow decieved. That he famously stated he was buying Twitter to get rid of the bots kinda invalidates the argument that he didn't know about the bots, but more importantly the argument would never have worked as a matter of contract law.

I was even really hoping he would refuse to pay up, because there is a concept in merger law called specific performance where the court could force him to buy Twitter. Saying that on paper and making someone buy a company against their will are two very different things (though it has happened) and it would have been highly entertaining to see Musk's reaction.

Instead, I have to rely on Musk overpaying, and then instantly going out of his way to decrease the value of the asset he just bought for my entertainment. I say. I say bravo, sir, bravo.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge