Maxwell Smart

Maxwell Smart

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

This is me with my tinfoil hat on... which I don't typically wear... that said I don't even support this theory just acknowledging that it could be true:

TheMat JC =/= Intermat JC

The data is there to support this.

He was an avid Hawkeye fan in his early days at TheMat and then went to a 'Penn State' fan... while actually just being a troll and not an actual fan.

Here he has picked up on that but mellowed a significant amount on the trollinese.  He was actually responding to the 'pay your debts' in some regards before and here he ignores it.

This could legitimately be like the Avril Lavigne 'body double replacement' poppycock.

I don't necessarily think it is.  Evidence might say otherwise depending on the eyes that are scrutinizing it.

Here's another theory.  JC is following a similar character arc as Jimmy McGill to Saul Goodman and is now Gene Takovic.  Eventually he'll be posting on this forum from ADX Montrose 

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Thanks for the hilarious posts. I'm a senior citizen in Tucson and have been following wrestling since high school. I'm not an Iowa hater and, not knowing about forums, was sending emails to the intermat "contact us" because I didn't know any better. When I complained about comments being blocked on the website, Willie suggested I join the forum. Not to wreak havoc, but to share my thoughts. There's a lot of Iowa coverage when they've underachieved with the top recruits they had/have and I cited examples going back 10 years. Other stories like a Sammy Sasso update would be nice on the website, now I know to go the forum. The mailbag consistently has non-wrestling stories that are sophomoric, can't questions be found that deal with wrestling? BAN responding to my comments when they were on the website, I have no idea who cinnaban was/ is. Still not sure. I'm a fan of great wrestling and wrestlers, so of course PSU is up there. When Vito took out Fox and RBY, I marveled at his achievement. Loved watching Spencer but when Ramos pinned him, I went nuts. That's what makes wrestling so great. I stated previously that I would learn from this forum, and, thanks to the responses, I have. Some of the conjecture has been very entertaining. The pictures and Get Smart references made me laugh out loud. Look forward to reading the forum. Thanks.

• Fire 5

20 minutes ago, Maxwell Smart said:

When I complained about comments being blocked on the website, Willie suggested I join the forum. Not to wreak havoc, but to share my thoughts. 

Welcome.  All we require from you hear is your most scorching takes, and the havoc wreaking will take care of itself.

For example:  "Vito dominating RBY was impressive" -- not a hot take.  

On the other hand:  "Vito only dominated RBY because RBY didn't fall in line with preacher Cael's 'god above all' party line, so RBY's development was stunted as Cael abandons those who don't walk in the light."  -- that's something we can work with.  

• Haha 4

Maxwell, when you say anything about the Hawkeyes, you will be viciously attacked by fans who are so angry that their dynasty ended years ago. They will attack their enemy with crazy "God above all" insanity to justify their hate and above all their envy. You will rise above it all. Agent 86's response "And loving it."

8 hours ago, Maxwell Smart said:

Thanks for the hilarious posts. I'm a senior citizen in Tucson and have been following wrestling since high school. I'm not an Iowa hater and, not knowing about forums, was sending emails to the intermat "contact us" because I didn't know any better. When I complained about comments being blocked on the website, Willie suggested I join the forum. Not to wreak havoc, but to share my thoughts. There's a lot of Iowa coverage when they've underachieved with the top recruits they had/have and I cited examples going back 10 years. Other stories like a Sammy Sasso update would be nice on the website, now I know to go the forum. The mailbag consistently has non-wrestling stories that are sophomoric, can't questions be found that deal with wrestling? BAN responding to my comments when they were on the website, I have no idea who cinnaban was/ is. Still not sure. I'm a fan of great wrestling and wrestlers, so of course PSU is up there. When Vito took out Fox and RBY, I marveled at his achievement. Loved watching Spencer but when Ramos pinned him, I went nuts. That's what makes wrestling so great. I stated previously that I would learn from this forum, and, thanks to the responses, I have. Some of the conjecture has been very entertaining. The pictures and Get Smart references made me laugh out loud. Look forward to reading the forum. Thanks.

Welcome.  When you refer to Iowa “coverage,” are you referring to the regular Intermat website, or this forum?

8 hours ago, Maxwell Smart said:

The website, it's where this all began. Had no idea it would cause the response it has.  Thanks.

I just took a look at the list of articles.  I don’t see any from the last 2 weeks specifically about Iowa.  I do see the blurb of “all eyes are on Iowa” from the mailbag thing but that’s about it.   If you’re referring to earlier in the summer, they were among the top stories, with the transfers they got, Steveson rumors, the Ferraris, and gambling investigation.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, Maxwell Smart said:

Steamboat - If your going to quote someone, use the exact words and try using quotations  marks. 

Maxwell - I was being facetious.  If I were attempting to quote you directly, it would appear as your quote does above this text, in a gray inset box with time stamp.  I was merely attempting to outline, in a humorous manner, the art of the "hot take."  It's the lifeblood of any entertaining forum.  You can navigate in your web browser to google.com and search the term if you're not familiar.  

20 hours ago, nhs67 said:

This is me with my tinfoil hat on... which I don't typically wear... that said I don't even support this theory just acknowledging that it could be true:

TheMat JC =/= Intermat JC

The data is there to support this.

He was an avid Hawkeye fan in his early days at TheMat

I definitely don't remember him being a Hawkeye fan (other than the reverse jinx stuff he was doing).   I think he's the same person, but just a gut feeling I guess

On 9/4/2023 at 9:45 AM, KCMO2 said:

Don't downplay the hawks.  They have the 2nd best team that money can buy.

Not even close this year.

Also, do you know Kentucky Mudflap? The Squawkeyes have gone downhill since he disappeared, is in the slam or fish food..., or whatever.

Edited by AgaveMaria

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.