The ballad of Bidenomics. The song: Rich Men North of Richmond

Paul158

15 hours ago, BobDole said:

There is discussion and civility and then there is this Ban guy. He frequently calls people boy or other names and friends frequently makes places insufferable to go to. Amazing that this one person has been banned multiple times by other moderators. Things like posting Minnie Mouse gifs replying to one poster and continuing to do so until he is banned add up. Then he claims he is being cancelled and the poor me attitude. He offers only hostility on message boards and thus continues to get banned.

Never mind ionel's relentless name calling (and stalking) toward me,  and what a FOND evening it was when all of the hyena gifs were directed at me. Ah, those was the days, eh?

Flip the switch.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

14 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Never mind ionel's relentless name calling (and stalking) toward me,  and what a FOND evening it was when all of the hyena gifs were directed at me. Ah, those was the days, eh?

Flip the switch.

I thought you said you were done posting?

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2023 at 11:58 AM, Gus said:

Exactly. Special interest groups, lobbyists and corporate America have most politicians that rise the ranks under their thumbs (dem or republican). Even most people that enter politics with the right intentions end up compromised. The only politicians that I trust are two local legislators that I have known my entire life and that have not rose up the political ladder. They haven’t risen because they have morals, integrity and actually earnestly push to help protect the common man.

It's tough - you have to have $$$ to campaign and then up beholden to those interests (or you have to have money to start out with)

My dad has done the thing - small town councilman, town council president, county commissioner, county commissioner president, and recently turned down the opportunity to replace a Congressman who was stepping down... Just running at the local level was very expensive, the local party wanted him to raise at least $40k to run for county commissioner (and that was the low amount, the other races like sherrif were much more money).... He did not raise that amount and still won, but then came the other issue - to do the job correctly you have to treat it like a full time job and educate yourself on the laws and issues, it's not a thing you can show up and vote and do it correctly.... and then when you do that, you are still pissing off a loud group of people no matter what direction you go.

He was able to dedicate a crazy amount of time to do it since he's self-employed, but most of his peers did not and it showed

/end rant

• Fire 4

On 8/26/2023 at 11:58 AM, Gus said:

Exactly. Special interest groups, lobbyists and corporate America have most politicians that rise the ranks under their thumbs (dem or republican). Even most people that enter politics with the right intentions end up compromised. The only politicians that I trust are two local legislators that I have known my entire life and that have not rose up the political ladder. They haven’t risen because they have morals, integrity and actually earnestly push to help protect the common man.

As much as we bicker R vs. D, the truth is they don't care much about the common people. They are beholden to those that paid for their campaign. They will say what they need to say to get the votes and that is about it.

• Fire 4

• 3 weeks later...

Not to toot my own horn,  but without ever hearing the song- still so as I write this-I suspected that the 30 percenters were getting led down yet another dead end. 

I sure like this kid!

https://www.kwwl.com/news/politics/oliver-anthony-says-he-hates-seeing-his-song-rich-men-north-of-richmond-be-weaponized/article_d06c4511-8761-5ff2-919c-b80d60c1e3a3.html#comments

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

14 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Not to toot my own horn,  but without ever hearing the song- still so as I write this-I suspected that the 30 percenters were getting led down yet another dead end. 

I sure like this kid!

https://www.kwwl.com/news/politics/oliver-anthony-says-he-hates-seeing-his-song-rich-men-north-of-richmond-be-weaponized/article_d06c4511-8761-5ff2-919c-b80d60c1e3a3.html#comments

Hey dip@#$ you going to comment on all the lefties that blasted this song and said it was far-right white trash??  Were they getting led down a dead end too?  What percentage are they? 

And you even admit you haven't even listened to the song.  Why didn't you listen to it??  Because YOU thought it was a far-right white trash song?!?  Man, not only are you a narcissist, but an idiot as well.  But hey, keep tooting your own horn...LOL

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Hey dip@#$ you going to comment on all the lefties that blasted this song and said it was far-right white trash??  Were they getting led down a dead end too?  What percentage are they? 

And you even admit you haven't even listened to the song.  Why didn't you listen to it??  Because YOU thought it was a far-right white trash song?!?  Man, not only are you a narcissist, but an idiot as well.  But hey, keep tooting your own horn...LOL

Talking about them there wealthy,  corporate welfare Republicans,  my friend. 

I suspecked it ALL along. 

14 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

I sure like this kid!

8 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

On 8/28/2023 at 8:34 AM, ionel said:

The Deuce is clearly not a man of his word.  

Absolute ownership.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Hey dum dum...he is talking about ALL politicians.  Reading comprehension is hard....

Baloney. It was mainly directed at the millionaire, country club Republican class,  which does nothing to benefit a working class folk like him and myself. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Baloney. It was mainly directed at the millionaire, country club Republican class,  which does nothing to benefit a working class folk like him and myself. 

From the article YOU linked (not to mention the countless other articles and interviews he has done that say the song was in regards to ALL politicians on both sides):

Anthony, though, was critical in the video toward both sides of the political spectrum and said his ballad “has nothing to do” with Democratic President Joe Biden.

Do you purposely just read the parts you want to read and skip over those that don't fit your idiotic narrative...and you still haven't even answered my question...when it came out why did you choose not to listen to it???  Who fell for what hook line and sinker you 30 percenter??

Edited by Bigbrog

Just now, Bigbrog said:

From the article YOU linked (not to mention the countless other articles and interviews he has done that say the song was in regards to ALL politicians on both sides):

Anthony, though, was critical in the video toward both sides of the political spectrum and said his ballad “has nothing to do” with Democratic President Joe Biden.

Do you purposely just read the parts you want to read and skip over those that don't fit your idiotic narrative...and you still haven't even answered my question...when it came out why did you choose not to listen to it???  Who fell for what hook line and sinker you 30 percenter??

Baloney.  Wealthy millionaire and billionaire country clubber Republicans. 

Working kid knew otherwise,  so I'm his biggest fan. 

This was definitely the ballad of the average American voter.

Title: "Rich Men North of Richmond"

Content: *Complains about people who are slightly poorer and fatter than he is.*

Some good ideas that get muddled by the cultural politics those "Rich Men" have spent the last 50 years feeding to them to distract them from the fact they're getting their pockets picked. The "Welfare Queen" is one of the stupidest, most insidious ideas in the American public imagination.

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

The "Welfare Queen" is one of the stupidest, most insidious ideas in the American public imagination.

I couldn't have said it better myself,  sir! A fabricated myth by a spiteful person who sought to re-distribute income to the top.