Is anyone on this forum a violent extremist ? Have you ever met a violent extremist personally? You are aloud to take the 5th.

Paul158

43 minutes ago, headshuck said:

I'm a biological male, and even in my prime, I wouldn't have been able to beat the biological female in powerlifting.  

It's not absolute, folks.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, headshuck said:

Are you suggesting males should be allowed to compete in women’s sports as long as they are in the less talented portion of males?

I'm only saying that if people are going to claim that a biologically born male always has an advantage over a biological female,  that is false in many cases.

I was also a sprinter in high school, but I know for a fact that the women's state champion in Minnesota in those days had faster times than I did.  No advantage there for me. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

In Iowa, everyone was crying foul on message boards and elsewhere over the woman in the picture,  and the first case featured in the story. 

Why? Unfair advantage,  which led many to claim that she shouldn't be able to compete with women. 

And...she's biologically female. Not sure about her gender identity,  but she's female and people were crying foul. 

https://highschool.si.com/iowa/2023/01/05/iowas-best-girls-basketball-players-meet-the-states-top-centers

Edited by Ban Basketball

9 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

I'm only saying that if people are going to claim that a biologically born male always has an advantage over a biological female,  that is false in many cases.

I was also a sprinter in high school, but I know for a fact that the women's state champion in Minnesota in those days had faster times than I did.  No advantage there for me. 

Dude...your defense of this is by stating how shitty of an athlete you were??  LOL

• Fire 2
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

When someone says a woman is stronger than a man I usually ask them if she has a brother, and how she compares to him.  

I saw were there were over 400 high school boys who  can beat the  women's olympic 400m champion. I'm Not saying anything bad about the women just that there are physical differences.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Dude...your defense of this is by stating how shitty of an athlete you were??  LOL

I'd put myself up against you in most any sport, which was most of them, that I played.  I held my own.

However, I'm also not so stupid as to think that there weren't women from time to time who may have been better than I was.  Think you'd do ok against Ronda Rousey, Sugar Ray?

5 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

PRECISELY!

My pithy and quite brilliantly paradoxical statement is precisely right but you should curb your enthusiasm.  Your anecdotally being in the far left tail of the bell curve does nothing to counter the truth that men (as a population) have an athletic advantage over women (as a population).  The means and distributions of the athletic capabilities are distinctly different which allows a merely above average male to be dominant when competing against elite females.  So, it is ABSOLUTELY TRUE that men (not a particularly left tail of the bell curve individual man) have an unfair advantage over women (admittedly, not Wonder Woman, Amazons, nor Valkyries) in almost every athletic endeavor which rewards speed, size, strength, explosiveness, and aggression to be successful.  

19 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

My pithy and quite brilliantly paradoxical statement is precisely right but you should curb your enthusiasm.  Your anecdotally being in the far left tail of the bell curve does nothing to counter the truth that men (as a population) have an athletic advantage over women (as a population).  The means and distributions of the athletic capabilities are distinctly different which allows a merely above average male to be dominant when competing against elite females.  So, it is ABSOLUTELY TRUE that men (not a particularly left tail of the bell curve individual man) have an unfair advantage over women (admittedly, not Wonder Woman, Amazons, nor Valkyries) in almost every athletic endeavor which rewards speed, size, strength, explosiveness, and aggression to be successful.  

Yes, but it's not absolute, as I say.  You put a heck of a lot of effort into a big NOTHING, when you're talking about less than 100 people nationally, including all age groups.

I tend to focus my energies on educating people about the differences between sex and gender.  In fact, and as I say in every class, every semester, it's precisely because so few know that there is a difference between the two that we're even having these debates, fueled by authoritarian hate mongers.

On 8/14/2023 at 1:44 PM, Lipdrag said:

The concept of probable cause and the need for search warrants are EXACTLY opposed to your sentiment here.  "If you did nothing wrong you should not mind the police pulling you over randomly just to ensure your papers are in order".  "If you did nothing wrong you should not have to worry about the STAZI taking a look through all of your household belongings and effects every other week".  NO NO NO a thousand times NO.  Granting the temporary powers of investigation to a body is very dangerous and can be abused (has been abused without fail) even without wrongdoing by citizens.  

Even if I have nothing to hide, Mr. FBI, you may not look to satisfy your own curiosity.  This is a basic tenet of freedom and the rights inherent in humans based solely on our status as humans.

Very well said my fellow Patriot.

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

yes. yes, you are. 

I'll put myself up against you any time.  THAT one is for sure!

15 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I'll put myself up against you any time.  THAT one is for sure!

hey, brainiac,

the barometer for a Man vs. Woman in sport is not your dumb ass high school self vs others.

it's the elite vs. the elite.

name one event the elitist of women can beat the elitist of men, routinely.

can you please say out loud what you're intimating?

please say you think, generally speaking, women and men are physically comparable. 

that will really drive home how smart (you think) you are. 

TBD

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

hey, brainiac,

the barometer for a Man vs. Woman in sport is not your dumb ass high school self vs others.

please say you think, generally speaking, women and men are physically comparable. 

Yeah, Pinhead, but the only Republican big gubment overreach legislation being put forth is on the high school level, not the collegiate level (that I'm aware of) level, and sure  as heck not on the elite level that you speak of.

I'm directing my comments toward the high school level, as well as on a personal level for ALL of us.  On my best day as a boxer, I sure as heck would have never been able to beat Ronda Rousey in her prime, nor Martina Navratilova in her prime.

On those levels, it's NOT absolute.

8 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

hey, brainiac,

You, too, put a heck of a lot of effort into a BIG NOTHING.  Fewer than 100 people, according to the estimates I've seen.

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Yeah, Pinhead, but the only Republican big gubment overreach legislation being put forth is on the high school level, not the collegiate level (that I'm aware of) level, and sure  as heck not on the elite level that you speak of.

I'm directing my comments toward the high school level, as well as on a personal level for ALL of us.  On my best day as a boxer, I sure as heck would have never been able to beat Ronda Rousey in her prime, nor Martina Navratilova in her prime.

On those levels, it's NOT absolute.

jfc. you wouldn't have been fighting ronda rousey, ya dunce. Mike Tyson would have been. 

high school:high school::pros vs pros.

if you don't understand the very obvious advantage men have over women physically, how the fuck did you make it this far in life. 

TBD