2023 UWW U17 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS- Countries

It's not just wrestling. There was a pretty big kerfluffle in fencing at an Olympic qualifier involving a Ukrainian athlete and an INA athlete who happens to live in Russia. The tl;dr is that post-covid sword taps became acceptable in lieu of handshakes similar to dapping up. The UKR athlete asked and was told by judges that she could tap sabres and did so after beating the INA athlete. Well, someone changed their mind and the UKR athlete was disqualified for not shaking hands; you may also be shocked to find out that a Russian oligarch is a head honcho for the international fencing governing body. The IOC had to step in to confirm the Ukrainian athlete retained her qualifying position. Make no bones about it: Russia will be competing in every sport under the INA flag.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/07/28/7413289/

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-demands-stripping-russian-competitor-230858805.html#:~:text=The Fencing Federation of Ukraine,stripped of her neutral status.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

18 hours ago, KingOtoguro said:

USA sometimes does pretty well in cadet/junior level Greco.  It's usually at U23 and senior level, their team falls apart. 

Freco is much more effective at the age-group level. The problem is the rest of the world has now experienced freco when they get to seniors and proper greco wipes the floor with us.

On 8/1/2023 at 5:07 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

"were?"

I highly doubt WADA has been making a lot of trips to Russia in the past year!

Russian wrestlers have been tested by WADA every month, idk... I text with Rashidov almost every week, WADA tested him twice in July, they took test from him in the begging of July then came back to him in 3 days at 4 am lol.  All clean. Idk why are americans so sensitive and cry about "juice" If Russia beat them every year, it doesn't mean that Russians use "juice". Can we call all americans use "juice" if they win every year in basketball worlds? idk.... and yeah congrats to the U.S team with 3rd place in FS. Iran won, Russia finished in second place! Congrats!

Edited by Radik of themat.com forums

7 hours ago, Radik of themat.com forums said:

Russian wrestlers have been tested by WADA every month, idk... I text with Rashidov almost every week, WADA tested him twice in July, they took test from him in the begging of July then came back to him in 3 days at 4 am lol.  All clean. Idk why are americans so sensitive and cry about "juice" If Russia beat them every year, it doesn't mean that Russians use "juice". Can we call all americans use "juice" if they win every year in basketball worlds? idk.... and yeah congrats to the U.S team with 3rd place in FS. Iran won, Russia finished in second place! Congrats!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6333060/

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

It’s not about winning, it’s about the repeated and documented multiple failures of said drug tests. USADA is one of the most aggressive antidoping outfits in the world and those US basketball teams aren’t failing PED tests while winning either.

No one’s accusing countries of cheating because they win, they’re accusing countries of cheating because they have been caught cheating multiple times and there seems to be no hurry to clean up the anti-doping outfits in those countries. It’s not ONLY a Russia thing - look at the countries that aggressively dope in weightlifting, boxing and other combat sports. Russia doesn’t need to dope en masse … yet they have. That’s the point. We know not every champion is complicit in doping.
  • Fire 2

Insert catchy tagline here. 

31 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

It’s not about winning, it’s about the repeated and documented multiple failures of said drug tests. USADA is one of the most aggressive antidoping outfits in the world and those US basketball teams aren’t failing PED tests while winning either.

No one’s accusing countries of cheating because they win, they’re accusing countries of cheating because they have been caught cheating multiple times and there seems to be no hurry to clean up the anti-doping outfits in those countries. It’s not ONLY a Russia thing - look at the countries that aggressively dope in weightlifting, boxing and other combat sports. Russia doesn’t need to dope en masse … yet they have. That’s the point. We know not every champion is complicit in doping.

mr wrestling Buffer! take it easy! i understand my truth hurts many americans! i understand! but you have to deal with it! Rusian wrestlers are all clean, just here people cant must accept it, thye cant belive that Russia better, but thats real! Just deal with it! thats it. No need to looking for other reasons, just Russia is better in fs and greco than U.S... U.S. is good in wrestling, you guys won 1995 and 2017 worlds! thats great result! its amazing! But no need blame every Russian wrestlers who beat americans so easy in using "juice". Just say "okay we were destroyed here, need to practice more". Peace! 

• Confused 1

Way to not actually read or comprehend a single thing I tried to explain fairly to you.

The US does not have a documented history of cheating doping tests at the governmental level - Russia does. That is the reason people are still unsure about the inclusion and the suspect nature of it.

I don’t think there would be too many instances of Russian wrestlers cheating, but the fact the organization that’s in charge of testing them has been documented in cheating for the athletes, there are few ways to know until it’s too late - often 8-12 years after someone’s been cheating.

Read. Comprehend. Understand. These are facts of the context, not an attack on Russian wrestlers.

• Fire 3

Insert catchy tagline here. 

On 8/9/2023 at 11:55 AM, Jason Bryant said:

JB you know who this is, right? The call is coming from inside the house…