Science, AntiScience, and Censorship

Husker_Du

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

No, it’s you who are supporting and displaying the fascist agenda.  

Sure, they analyze and report the data of the cases they choose.  They also operate with all the bias and deficiencies that are inherent in the craft. 

No, you said that Jews are part of this supposed "central planning" scheme.  Ironically, it's folks like you that they are detailing, among others, in their annual reports.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

22 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

No, you said that Jews are part of this supposed "central planning" scheme.  Ironically, it's folks like you that they are detailing, among others, in their annual reports.

Do your research and show me where I said anything about ‘Jews.’  

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Do your research and show me where I said anything about ‘Jews.’  

Who is the group who reports to us these annual reports?  If they are indeed part of this "central planning" scheme that you speak to, then that group is indeed the group trying to "centrally plan" for us all.

As I said, ironically, it's folks like you that they are largely having to report to us.  

Enjoy being associated with hate groups?  If not, then why do you oppose their reports?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

54 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Don't you ever tire of people who don't even read things, yet they can tell you all about what the report or article is saying?

It's maddening and tedious to me.

This. Very much this. 

And the best is when they tell you they are too damn busy, or don’t care enough about it to read ‘it’….but care enough or have enough time to sit with strangers and argue about what ‘it’ says. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Fire 2

13 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Who is the group who reports to us these annual reports?  If they are indeed part of this "central planning" scheme that you speak to, then that group is indeed the group trying to "centrally plan" for us all.

As I said, ironically, it's folks like you that they are largely having to report to us.  

Enjoy being associated with hate groups?  If not, then why do you oppose their reports?

It’s a lie and now you’re doubling down on it.  Must be a democrat, as are most of the antisemitic congress folks.  Obama and Biden have been less friendly to Israel than the republicans.  When they wouldn’t have Bibi at the White House the republicans invited him to speak to congress.  We are supportive of Israel,  

It’s a lie and now you’re doubling down on it.  Must be a democrat, as are most of the antisemitic congress folks.  Obama and Biden have been less friendly to Israel than the republicans.  When they wouldn’t have Bibi at the White House the republicans invited him to speak to congress.  We are supportive of Israel,  

Unfortunately and ironically, the data that you haven't looked at will tell you the exact opposite tale.

Something that AM radio and Tattletale "News" doesn't tell you is that there are Jews in Israel who are critical of the Israeli gubment, including Nuttinbutayahoo.

They certainly aren't anti-Semites, are they, sir?

4 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Unfortunately and ironically, the data that you haven't looked at will tell you the exact opposite tale.

Something that AM radio and Tattletale "News" doesn't tell you is that there are Jews in Israel who are critical of the Israeli gubment, including Nuttinbutayahoo.

They certainly aren't anti-Semites, are they, sir?

So if you bully and call people names you think it will convince them to read a report (from what appears to be a bias web site) and thus everyone will agree you are correct.  🙄

• Fire 2

Just now, ionel said:

So if you bully and call people names you think it will convince them to read a report (from what appears to be a bias web site) and thus everyone will agree you are correct.  🙄

What names did I call anyone on this site?

49 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

13 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

What names did I call anyone on this site?

You did.

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

You did.

In this thread I called someone who posts on here a name?!  Which one?

As a word of note:  KK Nuttinbutayahoo doesn't post here.

8 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

In this thread I called someone who posts on here a name?!  Which one?

As a word of note:  KK Nuttinbutayahoo doesn't post here.

You’ve been playing with your sidewinder data so long you’ve learned how to slither on your own.  See?  I didn’t call you a name. 

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Nuttinbutayahoo

Tattletale "News"

As I asked when initially accused of doing it ON HERE, whom on this site have I called a name?

You’ve been playing with your sidewinder data so long you’ve learned how to slither on your own.  See?  I didn’t call you a name. 

"Sidewinder data?"  What did you find incorrect about it?  If so, take it up with the people that us professionals who trust it report to us every year.

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Maybe instead of definition we should talk about characteristics of extremism. 

I like this!  Let's chat about characteristics.  

No. 1 - Let issues of society get them so emotional that they feel the need to commit violence on people and/or destroy property (I want to add to even protest but thought I better not.  Ha!)

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I like this!  Let's chat about characteristics.  

No. 1 - Let issues of society get them so emotional that they feel the need to commit violence on people and/or destroy property (I want to add to even protest but thought I better not.  Ha!)

Would agree with this.

To add, I don't think violence is a pre-requisite for extremism.  I believe people can have extremist views and behavior without being violent.  In one discussion yesterday I mentioned how for some people, every single topic has to revert to RvD, RvD, RvD.  I believe that is a form of extremism.  

• Fire 2

25 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Would agree with this.

To add, I don't think violence is a pre-requisite for extremism.  I believe people can have extremist views and behavior without being violent.  In one discussion yesterday I mentioned how for some people, every single topic has to revert to RvD, RvD, RvD.  I believe that is a form of extremism.  

Very true!  It definitely doesn't have to be violent.

No. 2 - Can't discuss opposing political viewpoints without getting emotionally angry to the point you have to call people names/unfriend people/block people on social media/send personal messages/etc.

No 3 - Can't discuss a topic without it turning it into someone or something being an "-ism" of some sort.

22 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Very true!  It definitely doesn't have to be violent.

No. 2 - Can't discuss opposing political viewpoints without getting emotionally angry to the point you have to call people names/unfriend people/block people on social media/send personal messages/etc.

No 3 - Can't discuss a topic without it turning it into someone or something being an "-ism" of some sort.

I don't know if I'd go along with those as traits of extremism, but maybe more emotional or coping issues.

22 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I couldn’t imagine living a life where literally every topic is RvD RvD RvD. 
The anxiety alone would be brutal. 

I read this today in my go to finance newsletter and thought of your comment:

The syllogism is:

1. Every bad thing that a public company does is securities fraud: The company did the bad thing, it didn’t tell shareholders about it in advance, the shareholders bought the stock not knowing about the bad thing, and when they learned of it they felt defrauded.
  2. In the US, politics are both polarized and totalizing: Everything that everyone does has some political valence, and some people will think it is bad while others will think it is good.
  3. Therefore everything that a public company does strikes someone as bad, and is therefore securities fraud.

I don’t make the rules! I mean, I guess I did kind of make up the rule “everything is securities fraud,” but only as a description of what I have observed in reality.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge