Science, AntiScience, and Censorship

Husker_Du

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Is someone asserting people shouldn't be police officers or other law enforcement unless they are a US citizen?  

Is there really any reason to have borders, national or state?

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Is someone asserting people shouldn't be police officers or other law enforcement unless they are a US citizen?  

I think the bigger problem is certain states don’t even require them to be permanent residents (green card holders) anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Why is that a problem?

To whom is their allegiance if they haven’t even put in the effort to become a permanent resident, a step toward citizenship? If “trust in police” is an issue now, where will it be when American citizens are being arrested by non-resident immigrants and foreign nationals? The appearance of a problem, just like the appearance of corruption, is the same as if it actually existed. What happens when enclaves of immigrants elect a non-citizen sheriff who in turn only hires non-citizen deputies and runs the office in a manner not consistent with our country’s norms and standards? It’s already happening with city councils.

3 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i mean, if they can't even own a gun, how can they be a cop

maybe they will be those guys in yellow vests

Especially when the progressives pass the gun law making it illegal to break gun laws.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

I listened to the Yuval Noah Harari Lex Fridman podcast that Azerbaijan news article in the photo is talking about (this wasn’t said at the WEF). I’m not even sure it’s justified to say they took him out of context in the article, either, because it’s not even close to what he said. He was just saying when looking at it from a systems perspective, it’s ridiculous to think such a small Kabal of people could control the whole world and all its happenings, because the world is so complex now. He said it amounts to scapegoating (like Hitler did with the Jews) instead of looking at problems and working toward solutions.

What’s weird is the Azerbaijani article attacks Yuval as he’s sticking up for Palestinians in Israel right now, but Muslims still just see him as a Jew.

17 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

… now let’s see what happens if one of the wolf packs starts giving away free food and shelter to any wolf, no questions asked. 
IMG_1917.thumb.jpeg.46a7541a4f2b6def88dc2d9d256f7cd9.jpeg

Edited by DJT

34 minutes ago, DJT said:

To whom is their allegiance if they haven’t even put in the effort to become a permanent resident, a step toward citizenship? If “trust in police” is an issue now, where will it be when American citizens are being arrested by non-resident immigrants and foreign nationals? The appearance of a problem, just like the appearance of corruption, is the same as if it actually existed. What happens when enclaves of immigrants elect a non-citizen sheriff who in turn only hires non-citizen deputies and runs the office in a manner not consistent with our country’s norms and standards? It’s already happening with city councils.

You must really freak out that service members don't have to be citizens.  I have no problem with  immigrants getting  any job for which they qualify. Thus, I don't see the appearance of a problem at all.

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

You must really freak out that service members don't have to be citizens.  I have no problem with  immigrants getting  any job for which they qualify. Thus, I don't see the appearance of a problem at all.

They must have a green card. Again, I said the bigger issue is with police officers not even needing to be permanent residents on a path to becoming citizens.

1 minute ago, DJT said:

They must have a green card. Again, I said the bigger issue is with police officers not even needing to be permanent residents on a path to becoming citizens.

Again, I have no problem with that.  They can also teach my children, probably be my doctor and nurse, build my house and much more.

11 hours ago, DJT said:

Federal law requires all law enforcement officers and sheriffs to be citizens. (Not on visa, not green card holders, but citizens, natural or via passing citizenship test). California, Colorado and now Illinois have laws circumventing that requirement.

No, not true. That is an uninformed post, and not relevant to my original post.

20 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

It's like now that immigrants get visas and can become police officers (after they went through training and passed all the necessary requirements.) ...

As I said in my above quote - "went through training and passed all the necessary requirements.) Basic stuff here.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants police officers that can somehow cheat to qualify. Law enforcement is a critical part of our society and no cheating should be tolerated. None.

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

how is this post any different than a racist post, in terms of sweeping generalities? 

lazy. 

You don't even make any sense here.

Sweeping generalities about who? 

Poster initiated the Alean-song "small town" angry garbage. I responded with a deep-south, small town gif.

Tell me how it's racist and I'll agree with you.

36 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

the premise that people that live in small towns are inbreds and idiots. 

i mean, how difficult is it to figure out? 

The Aldean song is about how small-town folks can resort to violence if your presence/actions don't fit in and they deem them as threatening.

Which - if you've watched the movie Deliverance - then you see the parallels. That was a messed up little town.

Does that make all small-town folks, everywhere, inbreds and idiots? No, of course not. That would be silly and wrong.

My GIF was posted to imply that a specific poster was posting like an uneducated half-wit. Which I stand behind.

C'mon - it wasn't that hard to figure out.

If the lyrics said try that [lawlessness, disrespect, violence] in the suburbs of [Chicago, Philadelphia, etc] where the writers live, would they have a different take? They love lumping half of America into a country basket of deplorables.

• Fire 1