Trump announces he is running for Prez again

mspart

4 hours ago, Crotalus said:

It doesn't matter. Those on the right think Biden winning is worse than what happened on Jan. 6th. It's a shoulder shrug rather than a dark day in our nation's history.

They could likely win the presidency in 2024 if they rid themselves of him and picked a reasonable candidate, but all too many of them are ready to stick their noses back under his flabby butt cheeks. Hanging back just far enough to hop on another bandwagon if it's politically beneficial. 

This

7 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Did you read the article?

It's spelled out right there.

Is there someone there who can read it to you?

So your answer is that because you are obsessed with Trump he is guilty??  Dude...then say what law he broke??  If he broke the law he should go to jail.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bigbrog said:

So your answer is that because you are obsessed with Trump he is guilty??  Dude...then say what law he broke??  If he broke the law he should go to jail.

Read. The. Article.

You know what, is there a lucid five year old there with you?
Have them read the article for you.

Edited by Mike Parrish

6 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Read. The. Article.

You know what, is there a lucid five year old there with you?
Have them read the article for you.

Read the article is your response...but you can't tell me what law he broke...dude...YOU read the article and tell me and everyone else what law he broke...jesus!!

Let's review, shall we?

I posted a link to an article that clearly lays out the criminal liability against Trump for tax fraud.
Nothing more, just the link and a popcorn emoji.

You hopped along here, cocked your head to the side and said, "REEDONKULLUS! Dat don't mean nuttin' !"

I said, "Read the article," you know, the one I posted...

You said, "HURR DURR, I DON'T READ TINGS! YOU READ IT FER ME! HURR DURR!"

Here is the article again
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-taxes-are-the-best-case-yet-for-putting-him-in-prison

I wish you all the best luck in trying to sound out the polysyllabic big words in there.

In fact, even if some of it was previously teased by the committee, the dump includes a cornucopia of information that affects your wallet—including powerful evidence of criminal tax evasion.

Cornucopia means 'a lot' here.

Perhaps most glaring in the tax returns is that they include 26 Trump businesses—or imaginary businesses—with zero revenue and hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax deductions for expenses.

Unless Trump can produce records showing the expenses are real and meet other standards to be deductible, that’s fraud. That Trump did it 26 times as a candidate and as president is powerful evidence that he qualifies for prosecution by the federal government and New York State for criminal tax fraud.

Imaginary means "make believe" here.

I was worried when I saw that your family had bought you that 'Home Trepanning Kit' last year...

C'est la vie.

12 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Let's review, shall we?

I posted a link to an article that clearly lays out the criminal liability against Trump for tax fraud.
Nothing more, just the link and a popcorn emoji.

You hopped along here, cocked your head to the side and said, "REEDONKULLUS! Dat don't mean nuttin' !"

I said, "Read the article," you know, the one I posted...

You said, "HURR DURR, I DON'T READ TINGS! YOU READ IT FER ME! HURR DURR!"

Here is the article again
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-taxes-are-the-best-case-yet-for-putting-him-in-prison

I wish you all the best luck in trying to sound out the polysyllabic big words in there.

Cornucopia means 'a lot' here.

Imaginary means "make believe" here.

I was worried when I saw that your family had bought you that 'Home Trepanning Kit' last year...

C'est la vie.

Man...you are insufferable...big sigh...so tell me what law he broke??  So are you for facts or just interjections/theories?  You so remind me of a news channel I turned to after Hamlin just got rushed to the hospital in the middle of the 1st quarter...literally no one has a clue what is happening or what did happen, and this news channel brings on "Doctor" literally as the ambulance is on the way to the hospital, who says with 100% certainty exactly what has happened to him based on a 1 second clip of him making a seemingless harmless tackle.  Point being, you just bought into the very thing this "Doctor" did and that is for dramatics and pure bias, make a judgment on something with little to absolutely no information, claim he is guilty based on what "appears" to be Trump breaking some tax law...which you nor the article can articulate or show any evidence of.

By the way, prayers and thoughts are with Damar Hamlin and hope he is okay!  Sure does seem silly to be arguing with complete strangers on a forum about things that really don't matter.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Wow. You are thicker than a  whale omelet.

In the mid-section absolutely, but sorry bub, WAY more open minded then you.  You can't fathom the fact that your opinion on things could be wrong.  And rather than listen to other thoughts and opinions, to maybe broaden yours, you personally attack them and misdirect, nip pick, and post stupid link after link without any real thought of your own.

41 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

In the mid-section absolutely, but sorry bub, WAY more open minded then you.  You can't fathom the fact that your opinion on things could be wrong.  And rather than listen to other thoughts and opinions, to maybe broaden yours, you personally attack them and misdirect, nip pick, and post stupid link after link without any real thought of your own.

It's not my opinion, you ding dong, it was the central point of the article I posted.

FFS, how do you exchange gasses without external assistance?

56 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

By now you ought to see that Mr. Parrish has a lot of thoughts of his own. 

Edited by BerniePragle
  • Haha 2

What I understand is that Trump has withstood annual IRS audits over the last few decades.    What is being said here is that someone who writes an article knows the tax code better than the IRS.   Or was IRS giving Trump a mulligan all these years?   Jumping to conclusions on this after the many years of IRS audits is wishful thinking.   I'm guessing, now just guessing here, that Trump's lawyers and accountants know what they are doing.   So far he has not been hit with IRS action which is assertion of that.  Now it is possible they got lax and screwed up here in the last few years since those returns have not been audited but anyone who knows anything about the IRS and how they work would not place that bet. 

You either have tax enforcement that doesn't know what they heck they are doing over decades or you have an author of an article that knows way more than the IRS and is spot on in his/her assessment.    Those are really the two choices here.   I don't think the IRS is full of bumbling idiots.  And I don't think the author knows more about tax code issues than the IRS. 

mspart

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, mspart said:

What I understand is that Trump has withstood annual IRS audits over the last few decades.    What is being said here is that someone who writes an article knows the tax code better than the IRS.   Or was IRS giving Trump a mulligan all these years?   Jumping to conclusions on this after the many years of IRS audits is wishful thinking.   I'm guessing, now just guessing here, that Trump's lawyers and accountants know what they are doing.   So far he has not been hit with IRS action which is assertion of that.  Now it is possible they got lax and screwed up here in the last few years since those returns have not been audited but anyone who knows anything about the IRS and how they work would not place that bet. 

You either have tax enforcement that doesn't know what they heck they are doing over decades or you have an author of an article that knows way more than the IRS and is spot on in his/her assessment.    Those are really the two choices here.   I don't think the IRS is full of bumbling idiots.  And I don't think the author knows more about tax code issues than the IRS. 

mspart

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/12/trump-tax-returns-released-house-committee-irs-audit/672582/

But the revelation about the IRS’s failure to perform the required audit of Trump’s taxes—that it did not happen at all for more than two years, and that, according to the committee, his 2017, 2018, and 2019 tax returns were not even selected for audit until after he left office—deserves yet more scrutiny. The IRS’s own regulations mandate that a president’s taxes must be audited every year. Not only that, but ongoing audits were the purported reason Trump gave for refusing to disclose his tax returns.

Trump had inside help at the IRS while he was president.

That's gone now.

mspart

They literally didn’t audit him; every single time he said he was being audited, that was a lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

I'd like to see substantiation of that assertion.  

https://theconversation.com/trumps-decade-old-audit-illustrates-why-the-irs-targets-the-working-poor-as-much-as-the-rich-147313

The New York Times’ exclusive on President Donald Trump’s taxes contains a lot of startling new findings.

A few noteworthy examples: He paid only US$750 in federal income tax in 2016 and 2017 – and nothing at all in 10 of the previous 15 years; he took massive income tax deductions for property tax payments on a New York estate he apparently uses for personal reasons; he paid consulting fees to family members; and he took $70,000 in business deductions for haircuts.

The report also zeroed in on a fact that has been well known for many years yet in my mind overshadows all of the other discoveries: Trump’s taxes are under audit and have been so since at least 2011.

mspart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_returns_of_Donald_Trump

Fragments of information about Trump's taxes leaked at multiple times prior to 2020.[35] In 2016, The Washington Post reported a prior audit of Trump's tax returns for 2002 through 2008 by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) which was "closed administratively by agreement with the I.R.S. without assessment or payment, on a net basis, of any deficiency."

mspart

If there was anything there, IRS would have slapped him up one side and down the other.   Reporters would have been all over that.   Apparently, he is clean.  Regarding his Presidential years of tax returns, I don't know.   But I would be very surprised if the calculus changed for his lawyers and accountants, knowing that there were factions in FBI and IRS that did not like him at all and would go to great lengths to harrass and harrangue.  Why would you change course in view of that?   Not comprehensible really.  

mspart

• Haha 1

Once we resolve the issue of the legality of trump's tax situation, if it is found that he is not guilty of any tax fraud I think we have an even larger problem in our country.  If a person that is as wealthy as him can legally pay only $750 in federal tax for a year, the general tax-paying public (pretty much defined as what's left of the middle class) should be outraged regardless of where they are on the political spectrum.
It's pretty obvious (to BP anyway) that taxes are a zero sum game.  If trump and his ilk are not paying them, you, me, and Bobby Mcgee are.  

Having said this, whether or not he is found guilty of anything illegal, I would expect his supporters to organize another of their "love-ins" at the headquarters of the IRS this time.

• Fire 2

IRS has nothing to do with it.   It is Congress that has everything to do with this.   Change the tax code.   The problem is both Rs and Ds have rich benefactors that would be screwed by this.   Ever wonder why the tax code is so incomprehensible?   Because of this.   A flat tax with some amount of exemption would actually be more fair.  What good is a graduated tax if this happens.   Essentially, Trump made diddly squat to be paying $750 in taxes.  

But is that $750 he owed over what had already been paid, or was that a total amount paid to the IRS?

mspart

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, mspart said:

IRS has nothing to do with it.   It is Congress that has everything to do with this.   Change the tax code.   The problem is both Rs and Ds have rich benefactors that would be screwed by this.   Ever wonder why the tax code is so incomprehensible?   Because of this.   A flat tax with some amount of exemption would actually be more fair.  What good is a graduated tax if this happens.   Essentially, Trump made diddly squat to be paying $750 in taxes.  

But is that $750 he owed over what had already been paid, or was that a total amount paid to the IRS?

mspart

Flat tax on what?  Obviously, some people can pretty much name their income and/or expenses. 

According to Trump himself, the 750 was a fee.