FloArena Date of Execution: September 1st

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

Bob, we all rely on you to hit FloSports with the Sherman Antitrust Act.  You and Ted Kennedy tag team reunion tour

Hulk Hogan Handshake GIF

Oh yeah!!! 

In all honesty they have a monopoly, but no one in the sport has enough money to take them to the cleaners.

• Fire 1

Track isn’t hard to grasp if you start using it frequently but it’s not exactly easy to understand walking in off the street. It’s got everything I need (for the most part) on its public view on tournaments. I’ve always disliked FloArena when trying to cover a tournament and look deeper at the data

• Fire 2

Insert catchy tagline here. 

19 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

Track isn’t hard to grasp if you start using it frequently but it’s not exactly easy to understand walking in off the street. It’s got everything I need (for the most part) on its public view on tournaments. I’ve always disliked FloArena when trying to cover a tournament and look deeper at the data

The hardest thing with Track is finding your tournament. With so many going on during the peak season you have to know what they call it, what state, etc to try to get the list down to something managable.

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

I've used Track for a long time and had very few issues.  It's more user friendly and pretty reliable from my experience.

More than what?  Sure its easier than looking up results in the cave etchings in the Oklahoma Glass Mountains ... but otherwise ...  it always takes 6 to 8 steps to find specific info/results of interest, no easy way to simply filter out age groups you are never interested in,  From what everyone says it was built for running tournaments and probably fine for that but if looking for results I know of no sports web site or app thats worse.  ~75% of the time there's an ad covering the bottom of the bracket so if you are never interested in the #2 seed maybe thats OK.  😞

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BobDole said:

The hardest thing with Track is finding your tournament. With so many going on during the peak season you have to know what they call it, what state, etc to try to get the list down to something managable.

I always thought there should be a setting when logged in that could be modified for your favorites. Like a default screen for logged in users, and then a default view for the public (such as the NCAAs or regionals for the drive by results seekers)

• Fire 3

51 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

I always thought there should be a setting when logged in that could be modified for your favorites. Like a default screen for logged in users, and then a default view for the public (such as the NCAAs or regionals for the drive by results seekers)

And thus their major problem.  For years & years Flo & Track have refused to listen to the customer.  They've refused to look at the UX from successful web sites and apps.  Have any every seen them survey subscribers & users about what kind of experience they would like or changes they prefer?  Betting no and there is no indication they will ever change.

• Fire 1

Flo is working on an entirely new system. No idea which it will be more like, if either. There are a number of tournaments (as I understand- Super32, NHSCA, a number of others) that will be able to continue with Flo for some given period of time. I suspect until the next gen is unveiled. But the majority of former Flo events will need to switch to Track.

3 hours ago, ionel said:

And thus their major problem.  For years & years Flo & Track have refused to listen to the customer.  They've refused to look at the UX from successful web sites and apps.  Have any every seen them survey subscribers & users about what kind of experience they would like or changes they prefer?  Betting no and there is no indication they will ever change.

I participated in a site analysis last year with Flo that included the main FloWrestling site, TrackWrestling, and Arena. It was kinda fun especially because I was a power user.

16 minutes ago, BobDole said:

I participated in a site analysis last year with Flo that included the main FloWrestling site, TrackWrestling, and Arena. It was kinda fun especially because I was a power user.

Well you do have an eternity of time on hand.  🙂

So I'll revise my answer:  no except for Bob

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BobDole said:

This is ridiculous. You want to find the NCAA tournament? It's not at the top of the list, it is below "Maine Maulers Takedown Tournament" and "Jane and Stephano's Rocky Top Open (ages 5-12)" and "Taco John's Freestyle Tournament and Hot Dog Eating Contest" and seventy more.

I saw something a couple years ago that looked like a better way.

ILLINOIS was in a tournament two years ago, and I can't recall whether it was the MSU Open or the ILLINOIS Matmen Open (Willie and Izzy put this together to replace Midlands), but one of those tournaments used a different kind of software. I've only seen it that one time, and though it was extremely rudimentary, it was also extremely user friendly with a big bout board and quick links to matches. 

And don't forget this about Trackwrestling:

ILLINIWRESTLING638.jpg

• Fire 3

51 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

This is ridiculous. You want to find the NCAA tournament? It's not at the top of the list, it is below "Maine Maulers Takedown Tournament" and "Jane and Stephano's Rocky Top Open (ages 5-12)" and "Taco John's Freestyle Tournament and Hot Dog Eating Contest" and seventy more.

ILLINOIS was in a tournament two years ago, and I can't recall whether it was the MSU Open or the ILLINOIS Matmen Open (Willie and Izzy put this together to replace Midlands), but one of those tournaments used a different kind of software. I've only seen it that one time, and though it was extremely rudimentary, it was also extremely user friendly with a big bout board and quick links to matches. 

ILLINIWRESTLING638.jpg

I’ve been to a few tournaments in IL that used http://www.thewrestlingtourney.com … not sure it that was it, though.

• Fire 1

If that's not it, it's similar. Clean. Basic. Easy to read brackets. Cheers! 

And absolutely ZERO technical support. I believe the project was created by a teacher and his students. It was the standard for a bit, but I always liked Kreider PC tournaments before everything was updated live. I ran a ton of tournaments with it a while back.
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

ILLINIWRESTLING638.jpg

tournaflex.com

• Fire 1

On 7/23/2023 at 2:50 PM, ionel said:

More than what?  Sure its easier than looking up results in the cave etchings in the Oklahoma Glass Mountains ... but otherwise ...  it always takes 6 to 8 steps to find specific info/results of interest, no easy way to simply filter out age groups you are never interested in,  From what everyone says it was built for running tournaments and probably fine for that but if looking for results I know of no sports web site or app thats worse.  ~75% of the time there's an ad covering the bottom of the bracket so if you are never interested in the #2 seed maybe thats OK.  😞

If you know how to use it then it's easy.  If you don't, then I could understands your concerns.

On 7/23/2023 at 6:01 PM, gimpeltf said:

Flo is working on an entirely new system. No idea which it will be more like, if either. There are a number of tournaments (as I understand- Super32, NHSCA, a number of others) that will be able to continue with Flo for some given period of time. I suspect until the next gen is unveiled. But the majority of former Flo events will need to switch to Track.

I am being 100% serious when I say that I am building something in the garage that will give them a run for their money. It's taken a bit longer than I wanted but that's okay because it will be a sexy new product.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

there's not a single human being that uses Arena and Track more than i do.

and i have no idea why so many people complain.

my only complain is that the profiles aren't merged. other than that, i sincerely don't understand the b!tching. 

TBD

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i sincerely don't understand the b!tching. 

You can't understand why people that don't use Track have trouble with it?  🙈 

On 7/23/2023 at 2:14 PM, Jason Bryant said:

On 7/27/2023 at 1:35 AM, Husker_Du said:

and i have no idea why so many people complain.

my only complain is that the profiles aren't merged. other than that, i sincerely don't understand the b!tching. 

On 7/25/2023 at 3:54 PM, KCMO2 said:

If you know how to use it then it's easy.  If you don't, then I could understands your concerns.

Ok ... for the dummies on the board can you give the simple 3 step process to view the 23 B1G tournament results/brackets for both Flo & Track?

Something like:

1) drop down - select D1 Results

2) drop down - select March

3) drop down- select B1G Tourney

• Fire 1

On 7/23/2023 at 4:12 PM, Jason Bryant said:

My experience is that it always populates for me with Florida tournaments first…maybe that ought to be selectable (and maybe it is and I haven’t noticed it yet), because I don’t pay a large amount of attention to what goes on within the state at the Youth level (and barely know what goes on at the HS level here)…