Gable to Iowa questions!!

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

What is his ORS qualifier? I don't remember.

Cadet World Bronze 

There are six ways to qualify for an Olympic Redshirt Year

• Only required to meet one criteria:

1) Past National Team members

• Top 3 from the Senior World Team Trials or Olympic Team Trials

2) Top 8 at the April 2023 Senior US Open

3) Top 8 at the December 2023 Senior US Nationals

4) Top 3 at the 2023 NCAA I Wrestling Championship

5) NCAA I Champion from a previous year AND top 2 from the 2023 U23 Nationals (must accomplish both)

6) Previous U17, U20, U23 World Medalist (UWW)

Edited by Laxhawk174
  • Fire 2

27 minutes ago, wrestlingest2010 said:

Assad's scenario is:

2020 wrestled as true freshman

2021 didn't count and didn't need to use a redshirt as it was free

2022 wrestled

2023 wrestled

As a result he has an ORS and regular RS. 

So it's confirmed that anyone who redshirted during the free year gets an additional redshirt? 

33 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

So it's confirmed that anyone who redshirted during the free year gets an additional redshirt? 

Correct - that year just didn't happen for eligibility purposes. No redshirts needed. That's why I think you saw a lot of true freshman wrestled. Why Cael sent Bartlett at 149 and there was still discussion to redshirt him the following year.

• Fire 1

Assad's scenario is a moot point since I doubt he plans to redshirt 2 years and come back as a 7th year for Iowa. 

I'd be shocked if he isn't Iowa's 184 this year. 184 is pretty open this year, no reason he can't do a Max Murin and break through. Though I think Murin obviously showed way more before his senior year. Assad is in most matches as is. 

I heard ideas of moving Nelson to 184, which is dumb unless Caliendo can't make 165 and is better than him. A lot of what makes Nelson dangerous goes away at 184 since he's moved around a lot easier. Simply put, he doesn't have the frame to get that big. 

I think Iowa hopes for Ferrari at 197 (I think super long shot to get him eligible by January and that he still makes 197) but otherwise, they roll the dice with a Glazier or Franklin. I think they'll really miss and want to take some things said about Jacob Warner back if that's the case lol. 

6 hours ago, MPhillips said:

You can't RS your way out of a suspension...

Re-read what I said. Abe has one year of eligibility to compete and two RS options to use. This season he could take an Olympic redshirt and be out the entire season. Then he would come back for the 2024-25 season and would be suspended for 30% of that season before being able to compete again.

Of course, this is all contingent on him only being suspended 30% of the season. If he gets suspended an entire season, he's done.

21 hours ago, MPhillips said:

You can't RS your way out of the suspension, from what I read anyway.:classic_unsure:

How does one get a one year ped suspension….. then subsequently wrestle in the ncaa tournament and aa in 2023 4th, 2022 2nd, 2021  2nd, 2020 olympic redshirt, 2019 2nd, 2018 regular redshirt    So that’s two shirts and 4xAA.   How does one swing that on a full year ped suspension.

https://okstate.com/sports/wrestling/roster/daton-fix/10456

2 minutes ago, Caveira said:

How does one get a one year ped suspension….. then subsequently wrestle in the ncaa tournament and aa in 2023 4th, 2022 2nd, 2021  2nd, 2020 olympic redshirt, 2019 2nd, 2018 regular redshirt    So that’s two shirts and 4xAA.   How does one swing that on a full year ped suspension.

https://okstate.com/sports/wrestling/roster/daton-fix/10456

His ped suspension was from Jan 22, 2020 until Jan 21, 2021. So half of his redshirt year and half of a "free" year. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Taco said:

Lol you absolutely alluded to did but that's okay. Keep playing dumb. You're perfect for that role.

spacer.png

You're confused most of the time here.  We all try to treat you with, 'kid gloves.' Today will be no different. :classic_happy:

• Haha 1

Anyone actually read the thread on Twitter where Gable said 'Year 6' at all?

There are so many people dogging on him for doing the 'r' word a few weeks back.  I don't mean the one that rhymes with greasy lard either...

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

42 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Anyone actually read the thread on Twitter where Gable said 'Year 6' at all?

There are so many people dogging on him for doing the 'r' word a few weeks back.  I don't mean the one that rhymes with greasy lard either...

Doesn't that require a Tweeter account? Help us out here, we aren't all young hip pups like yourself.  😉

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Doesn't that require a Tweeter account? Help us out here, we aren't all young hip pups like yourself.  😉

I'm going to tell you something here and I would prefer you not to judge me over it.

I made a twitterbook account.  I can't just view indiscriminately anymore... err... anonymously anymore.  It makes you log in, which means you has to haves a twitterbook account to do it.  So I did it.

I also took me under 46 seconds to get blocked by Minnow (again).  Scrawny bitch has skin so thin his constitution is in the negs.  It's funny to see him call out Pyle and then block-block-block when anybody tells him a place and weight.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I'm going to tell you something here and I would prefer you not to judge me over it.

I made a twitterbook account.  I can't just view indiscriminately anymore... err... anonymously anymore.  It makes you log in, which means you has to haves a twitterbook account to do it.  So I did it.

I also took me under 46 seconds to get blocked by Minnow (again).  Scrawny bitch has skin so thin his constitution is in the negs.  It's funny to see him call out Pyle and then block-block-block when anybody tells him a place and weight.

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I cannot stand that Minnow dude, he is softer than baby crap.  I seriously cannot believe someone has not caught him at an invent and took him behind the woodshed. 

• Fire 1