No talk of Earth's recent broken Heat Wave?

PortaJohn

1 hour ago, headshuck said:

Did you check with GreatWhiteNoise before you posted this?

You're making an effort to be pseudo confrontational, but you are hiding from actual confrontation.

It's a little goofy, but I've seen much goofier around here. This isn't bad at all.

Headshuck, if you have a problem with me, please send me a PM. I'm a reasonable guy, we've PM'd before. In the past, I've actually helped you out of an embarrassing situation you found yourself in (if you remember), and you thanked me for it.

I was happy to help out, I'm still the same guy.

Now you're calling me names? Really? You want to be THAT guy? The question is - is THAT the guy you want to be?

11 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

True story.

If you don't actually have a point... well, you can't make your point.

Without a point, you're just another dummy who found something they like on Twitter. 

OIP.DegGv53DFs8vm5hp50LQRwAAAA?pid=ImgDe

so adding actual things people say just for the sake of thought.. hmmm

he sound so smart.

but yeah.. you are THAT guy

Edited by Scouts Honor
  • Stalling 1

12 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

so adding actual things people say just for the sake of thought.. hmmm

he sound so smart.

but yeah.. you are THAT guy

Nope - all wrong. Adding things that others have said is great. But you have to make your OWN point. In other words, at least mention WHY you are posting the darn thing.

8 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Nice. You got it this time!

Just adding a little personal commentary to know you're not a 'bot' and are an actual human with an actual opinion that the rest of us can reference.

Well done.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

if you can't read the post... and then make the connection.. then i think the problem is with you

Not really.

Like other types of publishing, the thing about posting is that there is ONE author and a BUNCH of readers. For an author to expect all of the readers to try to figure out what they are trying to communicate to make a connection is the very definition of terrible writing.

Any quality author realizes that their job is to communicate in a style that makes it easy for the readers to follow and connect with.

I don't blame the problem on you, Scouts Honor, I just think you aren't at that level yet.

8 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Not really.

Like other types of publishing, the thing about posting is that there is ONE author and a BUNCH of readers. For an author to expect all of the readers to try to figure out what they are trying to communicate to make a connection is the very definition of terrible writing.

Any quality author realizes that their job is to communicate in a style that makes it easy for the readers to follow and connect with.

I don't blame the problem on you, Scouts Honor, I just think you aren't at that level yet.

yes, i realize you have no reading comprehension skills.. or other skills to make connections to a topic on a message board. 

• Fire 2

6 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

the things i find on twitter are from scientists you dolt.

Have you ever met a Scientist in your entire life?  Your 7th grade Earth Science teacher doesn't count.  Sorry, maybe college Earth Science.
I'm sure our leading climate Scientists are writing, testing, improving or using FEA/FD/FV programs and studying the many things affecting our weather and climate, instead of playing on Twitter or TikTok with you and the Kardashian clan.  Oh, and one "climate scientist", I guess.

s-l1200.jpg

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

yes, good ad hominem

yes, i have followed many scientists and listened to their actual words

you should try it sometime 

start with @ethicalskeptic

Actually, many, many years ago (but not billions and billions), I took two courses from maybe America's most well known Scientist.  He was not well known outside the Scientific Community at that time, however.  Believe it or not one of the courses was "Critical Thinking".  Obviously something in short supply today.  Maybe they have a watered-down version at your local Community College that you could take.  Maybe a survey class between recess and lunch.  (Kudos, Scott William Winters)

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

16 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Wow, a graph.  OK, now I'm impressed.  You realize that's more of a cartoon.  Real graphs have axes labels, scales, things like that.  I retract what I said about the course at your local Community College.  You're not ready for that.  Just stick to re-posting whatever tickles your fancy.  In the words of Harry Callahan,  "A man’s got to know his limitations."

No mas.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

so why aren't you critically thinking... instead of just believing like you said.

'i will side with the scientists who say...'

check out some new guys maybe.

Yep - sounds about right coming from you...

"Don't believe those old scientists with lengthy papers, check out the new ones on Twitter with zingers."

I gave you too much credit in earlier posts.