2024 President Candidate Discussion

jross

30 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Me:  Here's data with sources and studies.

You:  No, your data is stupid and also I don't enjoy the presentation.  I however will bring nothing outside of my opinion to the subject.

My dude, it's a wrestling forum, I'm not going to write you a dissertation, and as you've already displayed, it would be pointless because you would dismiss all of it immediately without any examination based off one piece of it that you don't like.  However, I understand, when you're extremely long and your opinion is not based on anything other than your political ideology, that almost has to be your default defense.

That’s what she said. 

On 7/10/2023 at 11:22 PM, Le duke said:

We were already replacing them whether we used them or not. That’s the point. They have to be used or destroyed; they have a shelf life. Again, their replacements were paid for years ago.

Also, it’s weird how you seem to be so against the US DOD taking advantage of the situation to improve its ability to protect America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to dredge this back up, but according to a study by the (bipartisan) Center for Strategic and International Studies, for the US to replenish its weapons inventory, it's going to take 4-7 years for artillery, 8 years for javelins and 18 years for stingers. It seems apparent that this has become more than "we're just sending Ukraine 'expired' weapons". 

https://www.csis.org/analysis/rebuilding-us-inventories-six-critical-systems

Edited by DJT

1 hour ago, DJT said:

Not to dredge this back up, but according to a study by the (bipartisan) Center for Strategic and International Studies, for the US to replenish its weapons inventory, it's going to take 4-7 years for artillery, 8 years for javelins and 18 years for stingers. It seems apparent that this has become more than "we're just sending Ukraine 'expired' weapons". 

https://www.csis.org/analysis/rebuilding-us-inventories-six-critical-systems

Sounds like we better get busy.

• Fire 1

On 7/12/2023 at 8:45 AM, Bigbrog said:

I am not a conspiracy theorist but, in my opinion, we would all be pretty stupid to think that voting fraud doesn't happen more than we know.  Hell, there is cheating in every single thing people do in the US if there is a chance for financial gain, so why wouldn't there be cheating in regard to one of the biggest money and power grabs there is...the presidency of the United States?

100% agreed. 

That exactly explains how that orange turd was elected to the presidency in 2016. (He didn't stand a chance otherwise.)

Also explains why the orange turd was so upset he lost in 2020. He had paid for the same cheating, but yet lost this time.

When he lost in 2020, he went all wacko about 'stolen' election. Which is basically what he did in 2016.

It was kind of like a thief calling the police to complain that the stuff they stole was now taken.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

On 7/12/2023 at 8:45 AM, Bigbrog said:

I am not a conspiracy theorist but, in my opinion, we would all be pretty stupid to think that voting fraud doesn't happen more than we know.  Hell, there is cheating in every single thing people do in the US if there is a chance for financial gain, so why wouldn't there be cheating in regard to one of the biggest money and power grabs there is...the presidency of the United States?

Have you read Robert Caro's biographies of LBJ? In "Means of Ascent" he tells an amazing story of Johnson having his first election stolen from him (by Lone Star beer of all entities) and then using what he learned there to successfully steal his next election. He put in just enough fake votes to win earning him the sarcastic nickname Landslide Lyndon. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_13_scandal

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

14 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

100% agreed. 

That exactly explains how that orange turd was elected to the presidency in 2016. (He didn't stand a chance otherwise.)

Also explains why the orange turd was so upset he lost in 2020. He had paid for the same cheating, but yet lost this time.

When he lost in 2020, he went all wacko about 'stolen' election. Which is basically what he did in 2016.

It was kind of like a thief calling the police to complain that the stuff they stole was now taken.

I was going to make another user name and just post TDS comments, but I see you beat me to it.

13 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I just made the one, plenty of room for you... or one of your aliases. Use that Illinois blog guy one - always a hit.

That guy puts a hell of a lot more effort into his posts than I care to… and I’m not an Illinois guy… nor do I blog.

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

100% agreed. 

100% agreed

when she lost in 2016 Hillary went all wacko about a stolen election and made up some bs about russian collusion. and the media helped her.

it was kind of like a thief/murderer calling the police to complain that the stuff they stole was now taken.

btw it wasn't a surprise. Hillary herself was complaining... why am i not 20 points ahead...

• Fire 2

11 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

100% agreed. 

SO now you are saying that Trump stole the election and was right by saying BIden stole the following election?  

Or is this somehow your attempt at "humor" again??  I know your "humor" is lost on every single other person on here, but just want to be clear.

12 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

SO now you are saying that Trump stole the election and was right by saying BIden stole the following election?  

Or is this somehow your attempt at "humor" again??  I know your "humor" is lost on every single other person on here, but just want to be clear.

You seem angry right now, so I'll make this brief as to not antagonize you further.

Yes, Trump's campaign (not himself, more like Bannon and his team) used some 'modern' techniques to 'influence' the election and the results in Trump's favor. Bannon was super creepy and was fired by Trump at some point - but he had done his job well. If you remember, the results were a surprise to most everyone. Not magic, just some new techniques that turned out to work quite well.

By 2020, those techniques were no longer new - they were well known among campaign pro's. The D's used some of those same techniques, and some similar new ones that had been developed and were able to turn the tide and even the stakes.

As always, new tech can give an advantage in the short term - but eventually (usually quite quickly these days), it is shared/duplicated and it is no longer an advantage.

This isn't an attempt at humor. My humor is shared by many here... but you seem to be sour right now, so - no, not you.

13 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

100% agreed

when she lost in 2016 Hillary went all wacko about a stolen election and made up some bs about russian collusion. and the media helped her.

it was kind of like a thief/murderer calling the police to complain that the stuff they stole was now taken.

btw it wasn't a surprise. Hillary herself was complaining... why am i not 20 points ahead...

The important thing here is that Russia absolutely, and without a doubt, made efforts to influence the election. So "Russian influence" is factual. Their efforts may have been a significant factor... or not. How successful they were is basically impossible to pin down.

"Russian collusion", on the other hand, would involve a relationship between Trump and his campaign directly with the Russians. Collusion was never proven. May have been a "witch hunt" or maybe just didn't have enough evidence... hard to say, we just don't know.

Given these circumstances, we've got more questions than answers. It could have been a lot of things. The only thing we know is that... we don't really know.

The only thing we can take away from this is that the current Russian government is, without a doubt, rotten to the core and the enemy of the USA. 

On 7/12/2023 at 9:45 AM, Bigbrog said:

Well said. Also there are little safe guards to prevent it from happening. There are very little repercussions if you do get caught .There really is know way to know who is actually voting on the ballot . You have  ballot harvesting . You have mail in ballots.Who is actually voting. Some polling places have 100 percent plus voting .Really !! Lets face it in the last election there was know way in hell that any court would ever touch an election regardless  of much illegal voting was found. The country would never recover from  the massive effects of a fraudulent election . Voters would never trust or have confidence in the election process.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

The important thing here is that Russia absolutely, and without a doubt, made efforts to influence the election. So "Russian influence" is factual. Their efforts may have been a significant factor... or not. How successful they were is basically impossible to pin down.

"Russian collusion", on the other hand, would involve a relationship between Trump and his campaign directly with the Russians. Collusion was never proven. May have been a "witch hunt" or maybe just didn't have enough evidence... hard to say, we just don't know.

Given these circumstances, we've got more questions than answers. It could have been a lot of things. The only thing we know is that... we don't really know.

The only thing we can take away from this is that the current Russian government is, without a doubt, rotten to the core and the enemy of the USA. 

oh wait.. the 80's called...

• Stalling 1

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You seem angry right now, so I'll make this brief as to not antagonize you further.

Yes, Trump's campaign (not himself, more like Bannon and his team) used some 'modern' techniques to 'influence' the election and the results in Trump's favor. Bannon was super creepy and was fired by Trump at some point - but he had done his job well. If you remember, the results were a surprise to most everyone. Not magic, just some new techniques that turned out to work quite well.

By 2020, those techniques were no longer new - they were well known among campaign pro's. The D's used some of those same techniques, and some similar new ones that had been developed and were able to turn the tide and even the stakes.

As always, new tech can give an advantage in the short term - but eventually (usually quite quickly these days), it is shared/duplicated and it is no longer an advantage.

This isn't an attempt at humor. My humor is shared by many here... but you seem to be sour right now, so - no, not you.

It couldn't possibly have been that you had a god awful candidate . It couldn't possibly have be that the conservatives were not giving the  pollsters  accurate data. The pollsters fell for it so did  Hillary and her election team. Watching the media slowly melt down on election night was priceless.

• Fire 3
  • Stalling 1

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Russia colluded to help  Hillary get elected.Russia already had an agreement with Hillary to be able to go in to Ukraine.  Russia always wants a democrat in the white house. 

• Haha 1
  • Stalling 1

Let’s be honest here, the US interferes with foreign elections far more often and at a greater level than Russia. Russia and China are more concerned with sowing division than they are with picking winners and losers.

• Fire 3

20 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

It couldn't possibly have been that you had a god awful candidate . It couldn't possibly have be that the conservatives were not giving the  pollsters  accurate data. The pollsters fell for it so did  Hillary and her election team. Watching the media slowly melt down on election night was priceless.

The Media really fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Watching the media melt down on election night was priceless.

• Stalling 1

3 minutes ago, DJT said:

Let’s be honest here, the US interferes with foreign elections far more often and at a greater level than Russia. Russia and China are more concerned with sowing division than they are with picking winners and losers.

SHHH. You shouldn't let out our dirty little secrets. I'll bet that 80 percent of the voters do not know this,

3 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Dems “uh oh, we did something bad. What if we get caught?”

Also Dems “we’ll blame it on Republicans first and unleash the media on it. It’ll take years and a couple elections to catch up to us.”

Spoken like a true Patriot.

1 hour ago, DJT said:

So we just spot Russia ten percentage points in the presidential election and call it a day?