Merit matters

jross

17 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

No, because if the painter refuses to work with you, they're not discriminating against you based on a protected class.

Ok, a gay black trans person asks a Jewish painter to paint “Muhammad sucked my d*ck in a Synagogue” on his fence … is that cool? 

Edited by DJT

10 minutes ago, DJT said:

Ok, a gay black trans person asks a Jewish painter to paint “Muhammad sucked my d*ck in a Synagogue” on his fence … is that cool? 

By saying no, you're still not discriminating against them base on any of the protected classes.

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

this

this right here is the problem

why is there a protected class? 

...because of *gestures at American history* all of this.

27 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Just for clarification, the ruling does not say the owner is allowed to refuse service because they are gay, they are just not forcing the owner to decorate the message.  In other words, if the (fake) customers decided okay just bake the cake and icing, we'll worry about the decoration....the owner would not have been able to legally refuse.

this is correct

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

By saying no, you're still not discriminating against them base on any of the protected classes.

What if the only thing he disagreed with is the d*ck part because he doesn’t believe the transman has one?  Then would he have to paint it? 🤔

11 minutes ago, DJT said:

What if the only thing he disagreed with is the d*ck part because he doesn’t believe the transman has one?  Then would he have to paint it? 🤔

You are one sick individual, I surely hope you don't work with kids.

16 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I wonder why your ex thought everything you said was argumentative?

Once again, people take stuff way too seriously on here… I was obviously proposing a ridiculous scenario just to see where Vak would draw the line on compelled speech in the name of inclusiveness. The point is, there should be no line to cross where compelling speech becomes acceptable.

56 minutes ago, DJT said:

This obviously doesn't even make logical sense.  He won't paint the word "dick" because he doesn't believe in trans people?  You straining to find some chink in my armor is weird.  I'm sure I have hypocrisies somewhere in my belief system.  I'm a human being.

24 minutes ago, DJT said:

Once again, people take stuff way too seriously on here… I was obviously proposing a ridiculous scenario just to see where Vak would draw the line on compelled speech in the name of inclusiveness. The point is, there should be no line to cross where compelling speech becomes acceptable.

It can be such a problem when no understands your genius.

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

11 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

again, not going round and round with you.

you're more focused on personal barbs than you are about the topic at hand, which, in this thread is 'merit'.

frankly, i have no idea what you're talking about. re-read the thread maybe. 

Hah!

Take another look at this thread, seems we got a whole lotta "not-topic-at-hand" posting. Which around here is also known as just another Wednesday.

Can't wait for wrestling to start again.

You remind me of LJB. He and I got off to a bad start but turns out he's not such a bad guy either. I guess sometimes we just need to work through our differences (which can take a while.)

i voted for obama the first time.

the reason was this: one morning i was getting ready for work and the news showed one of his speeches. and he said, the right wants this, and the left wants the other, diametrically opposed, BUT, can't we all agree that THIS is a problem and we need to find a solution... 

i dont remember the specifics but i thought yeah.

he didn't really govern that way, was he allowed or not .. he had control of govt for 2 years...

i like to think that now he would say something like this

the right wants to deny trans rights(which i dont believe), the left wants to make sure they aren't discriminated against, but can't we all agree that men in womens bathrooms is not a solution

Edited by Scouts Honor
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

i voted for obama the first time.

the reason was this: one morning i was getting ready for work and the news showed one of his speeches. and he said, the right wants this, and the left wants the other, diametrically opposed, BUT, can't we all agree that THIS is a problem and we need to find a solution... 

i dont remember the specifics but i thought yeah.

he didn't really govern that way, was he allowed or not .. he had control of govt for 2 years...

i like to think that now he would say something like this

the right wants to deny trans rights(which i dont believe), the left wants to make sure they aren't discriminated against, but can't we all agree that men in womens bathrooms is not a solution

That post is incredibly weak:

• You are informing us that you voted for Obama... because something you can't remember.
  • You note that he "didn't really govern that way"... which is a reference to the above point. The one where you don't really remember. Which is 100% useless to anyone reading your post.
  • You then proceed to post as if you think you know what he might say.

Too much weed... just too much weed.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

11 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

That post is incredibly weak:

• You are informing us that you voted for Obama... because something you can't remember.
  • You note that he "didn't really govern that way"... which is a reference to the above point. The one where you don't really remember. Which is 100% useless to anyone reading your post.
  • You then proceed to post as if you think you know what he might say.

Too much weed... just too much weed.

yes, i realize no one should expect you to understand anything that isn't spelled out word for word for you