Gable to become a Fighting Camel!

AgaveMaria

Gable Steveson is going to become a Campbell Fighting Camel.

He likes the area and wants to give the School its first NCAA Champion.

Insider sources say "forget the big programs" because he wants to wrestle on that big Camel mat.

GXjd_imc copy.jpg

• Fire 5
  • Haha 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

He is going to do it. They will put in a ceiling camera so when he pins opponents they can make posters to sell - kind of like photos of Cassiu Clay knocking out Sonnly Liston.

They will be big sellers and will give a big boost to his career as a pro 'rassler.

• Fire 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

After looking at mats, logos & such Campbell Fighting Camels is tops.

https://shopcamelgear.merchorders.com/ShopDetails.aspx?company=CAM&territory=cam1&category=headwear&subCategory=&productCode=6-38-YB1002&sub=3&multiLogoID=0&baseDirectory=CAM

https://products.advanced-online.com/CAM/Large/6-38-YB1002.jpg

Just LOOK at that hat. Bolermakers, sqwakeyes..., even Banana Slugs don't have soch a good logo.

A free hat alone is almost enough to get Steveson to Campbell University.

No, I don't work for them and Yes, I did buy a hat, more than one..., actually.

In checking they do have a good wrestling program and are a good school. Love the LOGO and the hat gets interesting comments.

• Fire 1

Mats & Hats..., and a good wrestling program.

Perfect for Gable Steveson.

Almost surprised Cael isn't looking into the Portal to see if Coaches can move that way.

58 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

Mats & Hats..., and a good wrestling program.

Perfect for Gable Steveson.

Almost surprised Cael isn't looking into the Portal to see if Coaches can move that way.

Can you provide a link for the hats, I gotta have one.  

It'd also be great if they had a t-shirt with two camels wrestling, maybe @MedicineMan can design one.  🙂

On 6/23/2023 at 10:01 PM, AgaveMaria said:

Gable Steveson is going to become a Campbell Fighting Camel.

He likes the area and wants to give the School its first NCAA Champion.

Insider sources say "forget the big programs" because he wants to wrestle on that big Camel mat.

GXjd_imc copy.jpg

This is the best looking mat in college wrestling. Prove me wrong. 

• Fire 1

Serious suggestion - bold face lies should be shunned as thread starters.  Posters that do it as well.  Reminds me of another thread a while back.  Person just wished something to be true so posted it as such.  Brings down the enjoyment of the forum.  Collective lowers intelligence.  Makes it a cesspool.

4 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Serious suggestion - bold face lies should be shunned as thread starters.  Posters that do it as well.  Reminds me of another thread a while back.  Person just wished something to be true so posted it as such.  Brings down the enjoyment of the forum.  Collective lowers intelligence.  Makes it a cesspool.

Serious counterpoint - Thread starters, especially in the off season, that are clearly made in jest and for the purposes of providing humor should be taken as such and anyone taking it seriously should lighten up.   If anyone really thought Gable was going to Campbell, then I fear for our education system more than before I logged on today. 

• Fire 3

Oh, so you say they are all good.  Ok, so the forum will be improved if I start the following threads …

’David Taylor commits to coaching position at UC Davis after Olympics’

So funny!

’USA wrestling back tracks summarily back tracks on 3 point near fall’

Gut is hurting I’m laughing so hard

‘Little Rock drops program after escrow funds are embezzled’

So good … yea, let’s start posting a ton of clearly not likely thread starters as if they are real.  Makes the board so much better.

You win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do people really think he isn't going to finish it off at Minnesota?  That lineup becomes insanely salty with him back in it.  They go from a fringe guy at 285 in Joles to Joles being a darkhorse at 197 and the champ at 285.

Everyone knows he was just letting his son (Mason Gableson) earn his title.  He's a good father.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me