Budapest Ranking Tournament

The hometown  fans gets a champ... 74Kg has Kuramagomedo from Hungary (nor really a Hangarian, is he?) won over Kaipanov of Kazakstan 5-2.

The Kazak corner threw the challenge brick, but Challenge LOOST!

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

27 minutes ago, PNWfan said:

That was ugly.

Tumur Ochir is a very, very bad dude and that was a shellacking that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

65kg is still our weakest weight while also being the world's deepest. Today was a good step in the right direction to get into the placement bouts and hopefully we see another medal in September but it's going to be a very steep hill to climb.

i am an idiot on the internet

So at 92 KG after Valencia lost to an Iranian (#13 at 97 KG dropped to 92 KG), he is now wrestling for Gold after cross-bracket... and guess who he faces?

Finesilver of Israel, who defeated the Iranian via FFT due to their policy on wrestling Israeli gents.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Amine just beat Kurugliev (RUS/GRE) for Gold.

This is significant because it separates Yazdani and Taylor (I think?).

Abakarov (sp) needs to place lower than 10th and I am not sure if he does/did that at this point.  If he places 10th or higher, it simply moves DT and Yazdani down to 6/7 rather than 4/5 and has them meeting in the semifinals.

• Fire 1

Just now, nhs67 said:

Looks like Valencia beat Finesilver.  Not surprised, although I do not know the score...

Looks like a ~60 second Techfall for Zahid.

41 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Would love to see Finesilver draw into Yazdani first round. 

They would first have to be competing at the same weight.

8 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I thought there was another one at 86?

There is one at 65 KG, one at 74 KG, and one at 92 KG.  The one at 65 KG and 92 KG are twins whereas the twin of the one at 74 KG does not compete in Freestyle at this point (to my knowledge).  He would likely be 70 KG or 79 KG as it were, anyways.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Amine just beat Kurugliev (RUS/GRE) for Gold.

This is significant because it separates Yazdani and Taylor (I think?).

Abakarov (sp) needs to place lower than 10th and I am not sure if he does/did that at this point.  If he places 10th or higher, it simply moves DT and Yazdani down to 6/7 rather than 4/5 and has them meeting in the semifinals.

That's a big win for Amine

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

So at 92 KG after Valencia lost to an Iranian (#13 at 97 KG dropped to 92 KG), he is now wrestling for Gold after cross-bracket... and guess who he faces?

Finesilver of Israel, who defeated the Iranian via FFT due to their policy on wrestling Israeli gents.

Stupid policy yields stupid result.

• Fire 3

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

There is one at 65 KG, one at 74 KG, and one at 92 KG.  The one at 65 KG and 92 KG are twins whereas the twin of the one at 74 KG does not compete in Freestyle at this point (to my knowledge).  He would likely be 70 KG or 79 KG as it were, anyways.

Gotcha, thanks. I was confused. 

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Tumur Ochir is a very, very bad dude and that was a shellacking that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

65kg is still our weakest weight while also being the world's deepest. Today was a good step in the right direction to get into the placement bouts and hopefully we see another medal in September but it's going to be a very steep hill to climb.

Ochir looked impressive, clearly outclassed Lee. I think Yianni gives the U.S. a better chance in those matches than Lee does. However, if Yianni cannot beat Lee, that is a problem.

PNWfan

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

I can't find results.   Can someone post the results?   

mspart

They are on the UWW site.  In summary:

57kg: Richards beats German to take Bronze

65kg: Lee teched by Mongolian 10-0 in less than two minutes.

74kg: No medal for Ramirez

86kg: No medal

92kg: Zahid loses first match to Iranian but ends up taking gold due

97kg: Snyder wins gold via forfeit

125kg: Parris rolls through the field to take gold. Beat Conyedo (Olympic bronze at 97kg) in first match 10-0, also beat Deng from China who is a former world silver.

• Fire 3

PNWfan

46 minutes ago, mspart said:

Thank you PNW.   Much appreciated.   Looks like generally a fine day.   Too bad Dake and Taylor were absent. 

7 weights, 3 gold 1 silver 1 bronze.   Not bad.

mspart

Yeah... we'll take that, thankewverymuch!

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

7 hours ago, PNWfan said:

Ochir looked impressive, clearly outclassed Lee. I think Yianni gives the U.S. a better chance in those matches than Lee does. However, if Yianni cannot beat Lee, that is a problem.

Yianni has been and will be our best rep at 65 on the international scene. His pickadilly is that he can’t seem to increase the gap on the domestic competition which is quite the conundrum in a vacuum.

• Fire 1

43 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Yianni has been and will be our best rep at 65 on the international scene. His pickadilly is that he can’t seem to increase the gap on the domestic competition which is quite the conundrum in a vacuum.

He lost two matches to none to Lee and is 0W - 3L to him on our Freestyle circuit.  I would say he should be more focused on decreasing that gap than increasing...

48 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He lost two matches to none to Lee and is 0W - 3L to him on our Freestyle circuit.  I would say he should be more focused on decreasing that gap than increasing...

Just weak class for USA right now.