Building a railroad from The Pacific to the Indian Ocean

Paul158

link?

people on the left (although even they are coming around) loves to poo-poo the idea of China being a cutthroat imperialist bully (probably b/c trump was so vocal about it),

but if you want to read up on what they're doing in Africa, it's truly despising (and scary). 

why does biden want to do it in Angola? 

TBD

7 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

link?

people on the left (although even they are coming around) loves to poo-poo the idea of China being a cutthroat imperialist bully (probably b/c trump was so vocal about it),

but if you want to read up on what they're doing in Africa, it's truly despising (and scary). 

Joe was giving an important speech earlier this week. When he made the huge Gaffe .

https://sanangelolive.com/news/politics/2023-06-15/biden-says-well-build-railroad-all-way-across-indian-ocean

WASHINGTON, D.C. – President Biden raised eyebrows Wednesday night after saying that his administration is working on building an intercontinental railroad from the Pacific across the Indian Ocean.

While at a dinner, on June 14, 2023, Biden gave a speech to the League of Conservation Voters. During his speech he spoke on what the Biden administration has done for conservation and what they have in store. One idea however had people stunned.

"We have plans to build a railroad from the Pacific all the way across the Indian Ocean," said President Biden. "We have plans to build in Angola, one of the largest solar plants in the world. I could go on, but I'm not. I'm going off script. I'm going to get in trouble."

You can watch him say it here:

I'd say he went off script.

mspart

I don’t get it. What’s wrong with building a railroad from the Pacific across the Indian Ocean? Sounds like a great plan that will create a lot of good paying jobs. And a solar plant in Angola, NY? I don’t see any problem with that as long as it doesn’t have a solar spill and pollute Lake Erie.

On 6/15/2023 at 7:15 PM, Husker_Du said:

link?

Generalizing "people on the left", which is roughly half the population of the US as those that somehow "love to poo-poo" anything is pretty silly. (I'm being kind.) So... soo.. soooo.. many different opinions in that group of 165 million - incredibly different perspectives and opinions. The same goes for the "people on the right." They are not all the same, not even close.

Oversimplifying politics, even with the help of some dopey news clowns whos' only goals are to get attention, isn't in anyone's best interest.

This is the kind of junk that just dumbs down any potential real conversation. It is what the prevailing political winds have consisted of for a number of years now, but it's not like we can't tell the difference. Both parties. We should know better.

Yes - yes - you are absolutely right - China is a cutthroat bully. Anybody that pays attention has known that for a long time. (Yes, the left, too.) Russia is also a cutthroat bully, although it seems Trump isn't in that camp yet (he called out Putin as being a genius for what he's doing in Ukraine and hasn't backed down from it yet.) Considering that he is a presidential candidate and that is his position, that is newsworthy and something worth considering.

Why a solar farm in Angola? I don't know. But - who knows - maybe if we learn the facts, we may find out it is a good idea? Or maybe not. It may be an absolutely terrible idea. It is also newsworthy. But we're going to need facts here in order to have an intelligent conversation (rather than oversimplified, unfounded hysteria.)

Oh - and the railroad from the Pacific across the Indian Ocean? I don't have any idea what he was saying - it was out of left field. My guess is he's an old guy who doesn't speak well to begin with and reminds me of Grandpa Simpson more often than I'd like. Just my opinion, but I think old guys like Biden and Trump need to be replaced with some sharper tacks.

Just not replaced with mean-spirited turds who want to use anger and hate as tools to get elected - we don't need any of those folks in any type of office. From either party. There is no such thing as an angry, hateful, good leader.

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, DJT said:

I don’t get it. What’s wrong with building a railroad from the Pacific across the Indian Ocean? Sounds like a great plan that will create a lot of good paying jobs.

This reminds me of a story I heard. 

A man was on the west coast walking on the beach and was talking with God.   God told him he could have a wish.  He really loved Hawaii and thought it would be really nice to build a bridge to Hawaii.   So that is what he wished for.   God said that was an impossible wish and to ask for something else.   The man thought about it for a moment and said he would like to know how women think.    In response, God asks, How many lanes do you want?     

mspart

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Offthemat said:

Do you ever why the countries that our leaders decide we need to send troops in to help with some political problem, that was likely originated, or at least exacerbated by the CIA, are always in a region where poppies grow?

i know exactly why that is...

and that might be one of least egregious reasons this country engages in wars and any number of covert shenanigans...

it is still our country...

USA!!!!! 

USA!!!!! 

USA!!!!! 

6 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

True. But we are "our" cutthroat bully.

Just like the animal kingdom. Generation after generation, evolution continues to be cruel.

Still one thing doesn't change - better to eat than be eaten.

i have little doubt that every other country thinks the exact same thing...

• Fire 1