Smokers (Meat)

Husker_Du

On 9/16/2023 at 6:37 PM, Ohio Elite said:

I started these in January, the Super hots take forever to fruit. This year I want to try to make some spicey blueberry jam. Made some fruit based sauces last year, they were pretty good.

Alot of trial and error, just started goofing around with em last summer.

Still not ready to eat a full Reaper, I'd probably load up on Ice cream first if I give it a go. I want to, but scared 😱 

Eating one of these peppers sounds like a form of torture.

So as part of my new strategy for torture preparedness, I will always be loaded up on ice cream. 24-7-52.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

5 minutes ago, headshuck said:

4d6c0ef8acbbadb5fcd2a6b38c7dfa70.jpg

Who’s smoking this weekend?

No meat,  but that looks killer!

If this was a Separated at Birth thread I'd come back with this. 

image.png.8161e821831162d5e4c5ebe9c559c862.png

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

16 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I agree with you on just a hot dog, but market fresh quarter pound all beef hot dogs….

Beef only dogs for me too.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Not smoking, and not meat strictly.

But, has anyone else tried one of these pizza oven attachments for their charcoal grill?

It makes amazing pizzas in minutes. My wife sets up a toppings bar. She and the kids crank out crusts and our guests make their own pizzas, while I cook them all. Very social way to cook.

20170514_163558.thumb.jpg.9760586bd833e35b3595b63a19ca8c6c.jpg

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Not smoking, and not meat strictly.

But, has anyone else tried one of these pizza oven attachments for their charcoal grill?

It makes amazing pizzas in minutes. My wife sets up a toppings bar. She and the kids crank out crusts and our guests make their own pizzas, while I cook them all. Very social way to cook.

20170514_163558.thumb.jpg.9760586bd833e35b3595b63a19ca8c6c.jpg

ahh ... invite in the mail?  😋

5 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

We just started grilling pizzas on our Weber, but just on a stone over three coals. 

They're killer!

Nice. The thing I like about my setup is there is a thick steel plate on top to reflect heat down and there is a basket behind the stone that you fill with wood (you can see the flames in my pic). The wood spikes the temp to 600 -700 degrees.

One of my favorite ways to cook steak is to reverse sear. If you get your charcoal chimney ripping hot & put a grill grate on it you can get an awesome sear! I cook my steak in the grill or oven at 200 until the internal temp reaches 105 then I pull it and sear over the chimney flipping every 30 seconds. 

IMG_4858.jpeg

• Fire 3