You Can't Make This Stuff Up

Bigbrog

14 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

The Biden administration has implemented COVID protocols for an Athlete Day at the white house...masks and social distancing for those that are not vaccinated.  The absolute stupidity makes my head hurt.

... or... maybe somebody actually did "Make This Stuff Up." I haven't seen any postings yet, so let me guess, Fox News? Even if it is/was/were true, maybe (just maybe) details involved make sense?

[No offense, but it seems weird to me that you seem to have such strong opinions of your own yet also seem relatively easily swayed by Fox News and their ilk.]

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

... or... maybe somebody actually did "Make This Stuff Up." I haven't seen any postings yet, so let me guess, Fox News? Even if it is/was/were true, maybe (just maybe) details involved make sense?

[No offense, but it seems weird to me that you seem to have such strong opinions of your own yet also seem relatively easily swayed by Fox News and their ilk.]

Or....you want it to not be true so bad you refuse to look up anything for yourself and then try and say I made this up and that I am easily swayed by Fox News...thanks for giving another example of how you can't make this up with such a ridiculous response.  Absolutely adore...able!

World reacts as Joe Biden makes unvaccinated athletes wear masks (msn.com)

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

One solution, just don't go if you don't like the mask protocol.

Seems like an easier solution than throwing a tantrum on Fox News.

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Or....you want it to not be true so bad you refuse to look up anything for yourself (1) and then try and say I made this up (2) and that I am easily swayed by Fox News (3) ...thanks for giving another example of how you can't make this up with such a ridiculous response.  Absolutely adore...able!

World reacts as Joe Biden makes unvaccinated athletes wear masks (msn.com)

(1) I did EXACTLY that - I looked it up and didn't find anything, which is why I said "I haven't seen any postings yet" in my post. To be fair, it may not have been an exhaustive search, since it was late. But it was a legitimate effort.

(2) I didn't, AT ALL, say you "made this up." Not even remotely close. I guessed FOX News, and I was right. You weren't ever a target here.

(3) Meh, don't miss the part where I credited you with your own strong opinions and only offered the 'swayed' part as something that 'seemed' possible. (Also don't dismiss the first part of that where I posted "No offense" - which is where I was communicating that I didn't intend to offend you.)

At the end of the day, I don't have any idea what the White House's perspective is on this. My instinct is that I don't agree with it. Then again, I don't know the details and I don't disagree with the WH's ability to make their own policy. 

Meanwhile, FOX News is their usual hype-machine trying to make something that is almost nothing into something big, while getting people riled up over almost nothing.

If the visiting policy affects you, as Mike already mentioned, make your own choice. If you don't go, nobody's feelings will be hurt.

search engines are 100% censored and shadow banning is 100% real thing...

if you are not using an independent search engine then you will not find much that goes against the narrative...

• Fire 3

12 hours ago, LJB said:

search engines are 100% censored and shadow banning is 100% real thing...

if you are not using an independent search engine then you will not find much that goes against the narrative...

Companies providing search services do agree to providing some level of "filtering" (aka censorship) for certain countries/regions/groups based on their requirements in order to be allowed to provide service (and make money) in those areas.

For example, China does have well-documented requirements that search providers filter out their most ugly atrocities (Uyghurs, etc.) or they will be banned from being used in the country.

So - yes. There is censorship. And it is happening behind the scenes, with no notification to the users - so, yes, it also qualifies as 'shadow banning.'

Every major search provider does the same thing in order to continue to profit. It's the world we live in.

Now. Those that don't... ummm.. are kind of like 3rd or 4th stringers (likely much lower, but I'm trying to be kind.) They aren't truly 'independent', they have their own target audience and cater to what that audience wants to see. So, they "shadow promote" things that their audience wants to see - even if they aren't true or real. And they "shadow ban" things that they audience likely doesn't want to see. Not just US Dem's and Rep's - that would be small potatoes - but a wide variety of other groups in countries all over the world. They do things like target Russians with pro-war & anti-Ukraine propaganda, etc., and quite effectively. They tend to be based outside the US where they can operate freely without regard for any kind of US law or regulation. They are quite independent.

But - seems here's the part we agree to disagree. I have no interest in changing anybody's mind or engaging in any type of heated argument. Just friendly conversation.

Just now, Plasmodium said:

Speaking of change.  You are an internet tough guy, perhaps the toughest I've ever run across.  So you are savvy and have embraced the change of meaning for that hand gesture, correct?

i know there has been some silliness associated with it, but, i just can not be bothered to pay attention to the silliness...

so...

no...

and who i am does not change with where i am...

you don't have to believe that...

it makes me no nevermind...

i am not anonymous like you...

19 hours ago, LJB said:

people are tired of what is going on in this country...

it really feels like the tide is starting to shift back to some sort of decency...

There are (mostly) two types of people in America: those who still hold to the original idea of America, and those who hold to the idea of "MY" America.   Most of the latter reside on the more extreme lineage of either side, more of the former reside near the middle.  I believe the majority still lies closer to the middle, but its the loudest on the extremes because it just drives them so freaking crazy it ain't all about them, and cannot tolerate anything that does not go their way....

https://www.wtkr.com/news/mother-of-6-year-old-that-shot-newport-news-teacher-facing-federal-gun-drug-charges

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — The mother of the 6-year-old boy accused of shooting his teacher on January 6, 2023, is now facing federal gun and drug charges.

Federal documents outline how Deja Taylor is accused of knowing she was an unlawful user of marijuana when she possessed and purchased a gun from a gun shop in Grafton, Virginia.

Federal agents investigating Hunter Biden believe they have enough evidence to charge him with lying on his taxes and on an application to purchase a gun, according to the Washington Post.

The possible gun charge involves Biden’s answer on a federal firearms-licensing form that asks if the applicant is “an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance.” He reportedly answered “no” when purchasing a firearm in 2018 despite having chronicled his addiction to crack cocaine.

So why is an unknown Mom in Newport News facing federal gun charges for lying on her federal gun purchase form and Hunter Biden is not for the same thing?  Maybe he will, and he should.   But he is high profile and she is not.   It is things like this that are extremely concerning.  Both broke the law, one is paying for it, the other is not.   One is unknown, the other the son of the sitting President.   You do the math. 

mspart

2 hours ago, mspart said:

https://www.wtkr.com/news/mother-of-6-year-old-that-shot-newport-news-teacher-facing-federal-gun-drug-charges

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — The mother of the 6-year-old boy accused of shooting his teacher on January 6, 2023, is now facing federal gun and drug charges.

Federal documents outline how Deja Taylor is accused of knowing she was an unlawful user of marijuana when she possessed and purchased a gun from a gun shop in Grafton, Virginia.

Federal agents investigating Hunter Biden believe they have enough evidence to charge him with lying on his taxes and on an application to purchase a gun, according to the Washington Post.

The possible gun charge involves Biden’s answer on a federal firearms-licensing form that asks if the applicant is “an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance.” He reportedly answered “no” when purchasing a firearm in 2018 despite having chronicled his addiction to crack cocaine.

So why is an unknown Mom in Newport News facing federal gun charges for lying on her federal gun purchase form and Hunter Biden is not for the same thing?  Maybe he will, and he should.   But he is high profile and she is not.   It is things like this that are extremely concerning.  Both broke the law, one is paying for it, the other is not.   One is unknown, the other the son of the sitting President.   You do the math. 

mspart

To help do the math:

The incident broke and investigation began when the WH, House, and Senate were controlled by a Republican Party hell bent on prosecuting Clinton’s or Biden’s for virtually anything possible. Investigation is ongoing, led by the US attorney appointed by Donald Trump. 

Biden’s are dirty as my dogs ass, but they’re far from the only dirty dogs shooting for the White House. So that information is important for people who are into ‘our America’, but not so much for people who are into ‘My America’. 

Our America should have a blind justice system.   You break the law, you are charged with a crime.    If it is good enough for some lady in Newport  News, it is good enough for Hunter.  

Shouldn't Our America have a system of justice that is equal for all?   They are not even pretending that anymore. 

mspart

22 minutes ago, mspart said:

Our America should have a blind justice system.   You break the law, you are charged with a crime.    If it is good enough for some lady in Newport  News, it is good enough for Hunter.  

Shouldn't Our America have a system of justice that is equal for all?   They are not even pretending that anymore. 

mspart

Hence….the currently five year running Republican appointed and led investigation. If this were a Democrat appointed and led five year long investigation, I would certainly be raising eyebrows a bit more about it having not gotten to that point of a grand jury indictment yet, you can bet. 

If a grand jury of American citizens passes a judgement of indictment on Hunter Biden, he will be indicted.  That should be included in our math as well. If only I had better copy and paste skills.