Kurt McHenry to PSU?

peanut

I don't think that McHenry would use the rest of his eligibility at PSU if he didn't think he could start. He's either going to beat Howard outright for the spot or he is a very good plan B in case of an injury. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

He was a very dynamic young freestyler who dominated at St. Paul's in MD.  PSU was on his short list before he chose Michigan.

His biggest issues post HS seem to be his being a bit undersized for 125lbs and suffering some injuries.

If he's healthy and a full-sized 125lber, he may yet prove himself in folkstyle.  But I think the move is more focused on his freestyle 57kg future potentially with the NLWC.

Aside from Robbie Howard PSU is stockpiling a great deal of talent that could be at 125/133 over the next few years (it is tough to project exactly which weight these High school kids will be) Steen is already in the room, Nasdeo and Davis arrive this year and Lilledahl and his teammate M Gibson the following year.  With McHenry added to that mix I expect a high level guy will emerge for both of the 1st 2 weights

2 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Aside from Robbie Howard PSU is stockpiling a great deal of talent that could be at 125/133 over the next few years (it is tough to project exactly which weight these High school kids will be) Steen is already in the room, Nasdeo and Davis arrive this year and Lilledahl and his teammate M Gibson the following year.  With McHenry added to that mix I expect a high level guy will emerge for both of the 1st 2 weights

They already have Nagao for the next 3 years at 133. 

8 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

3 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Would you rather:

A) wrestle for PSU for 4-5 years and get 3-4 starts over the years because of an injury or the starter sitting out.

OR

B) wrestle for mid level team, start all 4 years and have  a shot at being an AA

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

10 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

That is probably true as long as Nagao stays at 133.  With his build I could see him out growing 133 - time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Would you rather:

A) wrestle for PSU for 4-5 years and get 3-4 starts over the years because of an injury or the starter sitting out AND get to have fun playing dodgeball every day. 

OR

B) wrestle for mid level team, start all 4 years and have  a shot at being an AA

ftfy

Some coaches want a career 125 but Carl wants a lifetime 57. He realized there is a gap to close at the world Veteran’s group and he’s going to turn McHenry into a legit 57kg by the time he has grandkids and will win yet another team title.

smh he can’t keep getting away with playing 3D chess while the rest of us are playing checkers

i am an idiot on the internet