Squatters

Bigbrog

Seems to be an uptick in this sort of thing happening, or it is just getting more coverage, but it has got to be the dumbest freaking thing that is allowed to happen.  How in the world did a law ever get passed that allows people to just "move in"...aka, break in...and just live there...aka, trespass?  Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

its been a term since the late 1700's...

Not sure about you, but I squat to shit daily (usually?) and I presume many hooman beans have been doing so for the last 6,000-8,000 years or 160,000-300,000 years, depending on what book(s) you choose to believe in.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Not sure about you, but I squat to shit daily (usually?) and I presume many hooman beans have been doing so for the last 6,000-8,000 years or 160,000-300,000 years, depending on what book(s) you choose to believe in.

you are not wrong...

but...

within the confines of the present discussion the term became a thing in like 1780 ish...

again...

at some point people will wake up and realize this game we are all playing had the rules set a long, long, long time ago...

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Seems to be an uptick in this sort of thing happening, or it is just getting more coverage, but it has got to be the dumbest freaking thing that is allowed to happen.  How in the world did a law ever get passed that allows people to just "move in"...aka, break in...and just live there...aka, trespass?  Thoughts?

It happened during the time of Khan as well.  He had a solution but we are too weak to follow suit.

9 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

It happened during the time of Khan as well.  He had a solution but we are too weak to follow suit.

yep...

even though you tried to be clever, you still accidentally nailed it...

Happy New Year GIF by HBO

We had squatters in a house down the street from here.   Pretty sad that you can't just have them removed.  So then the property you pay the utilities for and property taxes for is not your property any longer.   And when the time comes that they leave and you can enter, you likely have a whole lot of mess to clean up.   Hopefully it was not turned into a meth lab during that time.

mspart

50 minutes ago, mspart said:

We had squatters in a house down the street from here.   Pretty sad that you can't just have them removed.  So then the property you pay the utilities for and property taxes for is not your property any longer.   And when the time comes that they leave and you can enter, you likely have a whole lot of mess to clean up.   Hopefully it was not turned into a meth lab during that time.

mspart

F'ing sickening!

3 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Happens quite a bit here in South Florida, with all the homes that are vacant half the year.

Can confirm.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Happens quite a bit here in South Florida, with all the homes that are vacant half the year.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Can confirm.

48 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Thanks, I was hoping people wouldn’t think I was lying. 

sounds collusion to me...

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

sounds collusion to me...

Per the PM's they were actually colluding with each other. The other stuff they were talking about... let's just say we are going to keep this site free of muck.