Dake and Taylor to Cornell and take 1/2 PSU lineup with em.

headshuck

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Wouldn't it be more fun if it were Ark Little Rock or Cal Baptist?   🙂

Might be more fun, but the only way I see it realistically working...in the near term, is if Taylor takes the job at tOSU(which is not available) and Dake decides to be his Cunningham(which I have absolutely no reason to believe he would).

One of the most popular Wrestlers coming home to one of the 2-3 more talent rich states in the Country and take over and already competitive program? That could be interesting.

20 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Might be more fun, but the only way I see it realistically working...in the near term, is if Taylor takes the job at tOSU(which is not available) and Dake decides to be his Cunningham(which I have absolutely no reason to believe he would).

One of the most popular Wrestlers coming home to one of the 2-3 more talent rich states in the Country and take over and already competitive program? That could be interesting.

NY isn’t a top 3 talent rich state.  Maybe top 5 but it’s not ahead of PA, NJ, OH and probably CA.

Also Dake doesn’t really strike me as being able to be a good coach.  You’re also talking about replacing the guy who just won coach of the year.

I think a more realistic scenario similar to what you describe would be Burroughs at Penn if Reina retires.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

NY isn’t a top 3 talent rich state.  Maybe top 5 but it’s not ahead of PA, NJ, OH and probably CA.

Also Dake doesn’t really strike me as being able to be a good coach.  You’re also talking about replacing the guy who just won coach of the year.

I think a more realistic scenario similar to what you describe would be Burroughs at Penn if Reina retires.

Illinois is deeper than NY also. NY is in a tier of states with Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri, Indiana & Oklahoma.

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Right, but thee Ohio State University is in Ohio....or so I'm told!

It also happens to be where Taylor is from and is probably #2 in College Wrestling talent...which is why I picked it(again, a job that is not open and doesn't appear to be opening up anytime soon).

Penn, Ohio, Cali, those would be my 3 states...but Penn and Ohio are different as they're so much more baked into the culture whereas Cali is just a number games. 

But, talent is coming from all over. Tenn, Kentucky...that's why a figure like David Taylor would be so important. 

3 hours ago, Gus said:

Illinois is deeper than NY also. NY is in a tier of states with Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri, Indiana & Oklahoma.

There's something in the water in upstate NY because there's now two 4Xer's in the span of a decade

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Right, but thee Ohio State University is in Ohio....or so I'm told!

It also happens to be where Taylor is from and is probably #2 in College Wrestling talent...which is why I picked it(again, a job that is not open and doesn't appear to be opening up anytime soon).

Penn, Ohio, Cali, those would be my 3 states...but Penn and Ohio are different as they're so much more baked into the culture whereas Cali is just a number games. 

But, talent is coming from all over. Tenn, Kentucky...that's why a figure like David Taylor would be so important. 

Sorry, missed the tOSU part, thought you were still talking about Dake and Cornell. Yes Taylor being HC at tOSU might make more sense, but I don’t see that job being open any time soon.

20 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Pretty good list.  I might put WI ahead of NY right now.  Iowa is also very strong at the moment.

I would probably go PA, NJ, OH, IL, CA, IA, MN, WI, MI, OK, NY, IN, MO roughly. Next tier would be Colorado, Maryland, Georgia, Florida.

31 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Looks good.  Hasn't OK been a bit down, with the exception of Stillwater and Edmond North?

Down compared to OK of the past but they still have 13 guys ranked nationally. Bixby and Tuttle are solid.

• Fire 1

It's been said before, but great wrestlers aren't always great managers or administrators. Can you imagine the weird sh!t Dake would make his wrestlers do? It would be funny if an AD popped in to a practice and saw the team standing out in the sun building their solar calluses and being told to sleep far away from their cellphones. And Taylor is just awkward in front of the media. They would eat him alive.

20 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

It's been said before, but great wrestlers aren't always great managers or administrators. Can you imagine the weird sh!t Dake would make his wrestlers do? It would be funny if an AD popped in to a practice and saw the team standing out in the sun building their solar calluses and being told to sleep far away from their cellphones. And Taylor is just awkward in front of the media. They would eat him alive.

I mean, I was just thinking DT as the face of a program would bring in a LOT of top recruits to Ohio, he's friends with Dake...

I don't know, there's not a lot of avenues I see for programs to compete with PSU. Jordan Burroughs seemed like a great option, but who's the HC? Plus, Dake and Taylor are friends.

And I think DT would do better if he were talking about other athletes. Some people don't like talking about themselves(Dake has no such problem😁)...