Portal is good, no?

headshuck

9 minutes ago, headshuck said:

As you can imagine, not enough NIL money for my likeness.

You keep changing your likeness but I'd agree, no one is going to give you much/enough for the current one.  😉

9 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Any time a mid to lower tier school has an AA, some upper tier school will make an offer to them.  The rich will keep getting richer.  Wouldn't be surprised to see this start killing weaker programs.

This is possible, but we’ve also seen some pretty good guys transfer out of upper tier schools and have success at mid to lower tier ones

Noto

Poulin

Kinner

Rocky Jordan (although not a great tournament for him)

Beard (yes I guess I am dissing Lehigh here)

to name a few

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Dean and Kerkvliet weren't devastating enough?

It is devastating if you still win the NCAAs without them? 

The Hawks needed Woods to hang on to second way more than PSU needed Beard and Kerk to hang on to first IMO. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

12 minutes ago, Idaho said:

It is devastating if you still win the NCAAs without them? 

The Hawks needed Woods to hang on to second way more than PSU needed Beard and Kerk to hang on to first IMO. 

2022 was kind of a done deal with Iowa injuries, but I'm not sure healthy Iowa beats PSU in a tournament with those two in the lineup.

Also talking duals, which do have some degree of importance.

36 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Dean and Kerkvliet weren't devastating enough?

No, I was still riding the high of being the best team 2 years in a row, with 1 fantasy/paper title and 1 real title to show for it. Plus as you mentioned, injuries took us out of it before it even started last year. 

In my mind I'm envisioning a scenario where Iowa is the favorite and a portal guys points were the tipping point between PSU/tOSU/whomever else toppling us. Let me have my fantasy scenario to create my own fake outrage 😀

• Fire 1

On 4/3/2023 at 6:47 PM, BobDole said:

One of the biggest things with it right now is kids have the extra year and are using it to get a grad degree. I have a feeling it will become more of a freshman/sophomore thing in a couple years.

Anyone else find it sad and frustrating that these kids are getting an extra year but Bob still only give us 15 minutes?!   😞