Spencer Lee’s GOAT talk show

2 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Dang, I thought the Hawkeyes were gonna win it all tonight. Caitlin Clark is a force of nature. But congrats to LSU. 

Maybe Spencer and Caitlin will comiserate on the next episode.

Actually had me watching WBB. She's fun to watch.

The LSU player that just followed her around at the end of the game was obnoxious, but...good watch. 

Also...no clue Elton John coached Basketball, but that was fun to see. 

• Fire 1

Yeah, Angel Reese (the LSU player) was talking after the Final Four about how Clark disrespected South Carolina, flicking her wrist and leaving her player unguarded, and she took it personally. Great game, though. And great tournament. I heard the WBB tournaments had the highest TV ratings ever this year. 

Now, if ESPN would go all-in on wrestling like they did with WBB this year they might be able to draw more viewers away from MBB which CBS has exclusive rights to.

Edited by CHROMEBIRD
  • Fire 1

Thread number 699 for Jimmy (I don't pay my debts) Cimmafruad.  Dude, give it a rest with Spencer, he lost, we get it.  Why don't you spend time talking about PSU, whom actually won a team title and you say you are just a big fan of.  Christ dude, stop with the Spencer threads.

• Fire 1

35 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i'm not trolling here, i truly don't know...

what was the bet Jimmy didn't follow thru on? 

It was from the previous board. He stiffed a number of people, including me. He went AWOL for a while after that, but eventually made it back and just ignored the catcalls from the people he welched on.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Twooooo said:

Thread number 699 for Jimmy (I don't pay my debts) Cimmafruad.  Dude, give it a rest with Spencer, he lost, we get it.  Why don't you spend time talking about PSU, whom actually won a team title and you say you are just a big fan of.  Christ dude, stop with the Spencer threads.

He does talk about PSU...he just talks about how they're really...not that good and they'll probably lose.

He's either the most neurotic person in the history of the world or just trolling. 

This dynamic duo interview each other while titling their podcast GOAT Talk.

"Tell me what is your favorite food"

"Tell me what is your favorite music" 

"What's it like to be the Goat? 

"Probably the same for me as for you" (batting eyelashes)

That has to be the most self aggrandizement I have seen in a while. Then for both to lose so ingloriously seems quite the achievement.   

Edited by Pinnacle

1 hour ago, Pinnacle said:

Then for both to lose so ingloriously seems quite the achievement. 

Huh? Lee, the #1 wrestler in the country at 125 lost in a big upset in the semi-finals of the NCAAs. Clark WON in the semi-finals of the NCAAs in a huge upset of an undefeated favorite. Iowa WBB is the Matt Ramos in this story.

On 4/1/2023 at 11:44 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Looking back to Spencer’s GOAT Talk show was it a bit premature? He ended up getting pinned in the semis by Ramos and now Clark has surpassed him as the Iowa GOAT with her performance at NCAAs so far. 

F4B1AC2C-F05A-4B5E-B284-E93D5F922DDA.jpeg

I thought the point of calling it GOAT talk was calling them both GOATS.  Which for Iowa could still be the case

3 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

This dynamic duo interview each other while titling their podcast GOAT Talk.

"Tell me what is your favorite food"

"Tell me what is your favorite music" 

"What's it like to be the Goat? 

"Probably the same for me as for you" (batting eyelashes)

That has to be the most self aggrandizement I have seen in a while. Then for both to lose so ingloriously seems quite the achievement.   

Come on, read between the lines. It was a promotional video from the Iowa Athletic Department to show the human side of a pair of fierce competitors and let their personalities shine through. Maybe also to blunt some drama around Spencer Lee earlier in the season, heh.

People who only know Spencer from what they see on the mat don't know that he's not "all business" and is actually a regular, down to earth kid. Similarly, many might think of Caitlin as the hyper intense chippy b theyn see on the court, but we see from the video that she's funny, self-deprecating, and smart. Personally though, I wish Caitlin was team psychologist for ol' Tommy and Clarissa's kids. She competes with passion and puts up points like she was coached by Gable.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Come on, read between the lines. It was a promotional video from the Iowa Athletic Department to show the human side of a pair of fierce competitors and let their personalities shine through. Maybe also to blunt some drama around Spencer Lee earlier in the season, heh.

People who only know Spencer from what they see on the mat don't know that he's not "all business" and is actually a regular, down to earth kid. Similarly, many might think of Caitlin as the hyper intense chippy b theyn see on the court, but we see from the video that she's funny, self-deprecating, and smart. Personally though, I wish Caitlin was team psychologist for ol' Tommy and Clarissa's kids. She competes with passion and puts up points like she was coached by Gable.

Which is all nice and a good idea.  Using the word GOAT in the title before the season ended was a very bad idea. 

There was an allusion to Gable above, this was like the, in retrospect cringeworthy, time at the last Iowa State home meet where they showed him the banner with all his accomplishments and said they'd left one for the last championship.  Bad karma and bad for the wrestler's mental game.