The Missouri Open (Tiger Style Invite)

ILLINIWrestlingBlog

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

Nice.  33 with sleet and snow here. I just settled into wrestling all day.

I coulda fixed my autocorrected words above on the old forum but Bob is grumpy and only gives us 15 minutes on this here forum, I'm not that fast.  😞

Well getting some spit'n stuff here too and 32 (maybe we ain't far apart), I actually cheated & did an interval Vo2 max workout on indoor smart trainer.  🙂 

23 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You guys are having fun...

I have been helping a neighbor with a room that caved in the last few hours.

In Florida humidity.

Good for you, hope it goes well and they can recover from this, videos look pretty bad in some areas.

Where in FL?  One of my sons was Satellite Beach on West side of A1A but just took a new job in Beaverton, OR so now out of hurricane/tropical storm country.  

Edited by ionel

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Good for you, hope it goes well and they can recover from this, videos look pretty bad in some areas.

Where in FL?  One of my sons was Satellite Beach on West side of A1A but just took a new job in Beaverton, OR so now out of hurricane/tropical storm country.  

Nice.... is he a Beaver fan now? Tell him to check out the Ok State vs Oregon State match in January. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Homestead.  Our property had barely any leaves fallen, but our neighbor had a big ole oak branch fall through the roof in his spare (luckily) room.  Basically half the tree.

Mainly just helping him clear the tree so his insurance can assess.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Homestead.  Our property had barely any leaves fallen, but our neighbor had a big ole oak branch fall through the roof in his spare (luckily) room.  Basically half the tree.

Mainly just helping him clear the tree so his insurance can assess.

Well at least not a house falling into the ocean.

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

whereabouts? I have heard of fires, but not houses falling into the sea (at least since I've lived in SoCal ~Mid 2016)

Aye, as @Dark Energysaid.  (South) West coast of Florida.

My apologies.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Thoughts based on a very cursory view of results.

1. Cal Poly under Sioredas continues to build 

2. Mizzou as a team seems stuck in that 10th-5th purgatory 

3. Clemson is doing work at Maryland and is finally getting his recruits in and while might struggle in duals. Will have solid tournament results

4. Illinois is going to be very dangerous the next 2-3 years 

• Fire 1

A couple of responses to some of y'all's earlier posts:

Keegan O'Toole seems to have a lot of tough matches until they aren't. I think he did a look-away ankle pick yesterday. Kind of like an NBA point guard.

The Braunagels have a nice wrestling family, but they're no Mattins or Lamerses. I still get them mixed up.

The ILLINI were without wrestlers at 125 and 141 with injuries to Maximo Renteria, Justin Cardani and Danny Pucino. The fellow who won the 125 bracket at Tiger Style finished fourth in the Cali state championships as a 120 pound Senior. Maximo won that bracket as a 120 pound Sophomore. Injuries suck.

Edmond Ruth did all that. Two tournaments and one 1-3 loss to Ethan Smith. 

Missouri was impressive. Fun tournament! More of these, please.

6 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

A couple of responses to some of y'all's earlier posts:

Keegan O'Toole seems to have a lot of tough matches until they aren't. I think he did a look-away ankle pick yesterday. Kind of like an NBA point guard.

The Braunagels have a nice wrestling family, but they're no Mattins or Lamerses. I still get them mixed up.

The ILLINI were without wrestlers at 125 and 141 with injuries to Maximo Renteria, Justin Cardani and Danny Pucino. The fellow who won the 125 bracket at Tiger Style finished fourth in the Cali state championships as a 120 pound Senior. Maximo won that bracket as a 120 pound Sophomore. Injuries suck.

Edmond Ruth did all that. Two tournaments and one 1-3 loss to Ethan Smith. 

Missouri was impressive. Fun tournament! More of these, please.

Are they out for the season?

• Fire 1