2023 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

I think Redding will be back up at 141.  Swiderskis dad on the ISU forum said he will be bumping up to 157 - with the possibility of a redshirt year being used for him next year

He couldn’t get out from the bottom at 141, will be even harder at 157. 

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I think that is due to technique rather than strength.  He is a strong fella.  I think he will figure out how to escape eventually 

Hopefully, but you would have thought working out with Metcalf every day that he would have learned technique?? He hadn’t really improved all season, got rode for minutes at NCAAs.

2 minutes ago, Hwt1 said:

Hopefully, but you would have thought working out with Metcalf every day that he would have learned technique?? He hadn’t really improved all season, got rode for minutes at NCAAs.

If they institute a 3 point takedown then he doesn't have to choose bottom.

Swiderski focused more on weight management than improving.

As high as I was on him I said from the get-go him wrestling 152/160 for his senior high school season then 141 for his college frosh season wasn't going to be fun.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 4/8/2023 at 8:31 PM, BlacknGold said:

If I were Bernie Truax I would go to Iowa with AJ Ferrari and Ben Keuter. Aaron Brooks isn't sure what weight he's going so I would avoid that. You asked...

Welp.....

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

33 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Truax to Penn State.

Will wrestle 184 while Brooks moves up to 197.

Just like 95% of us predicted.

Someone put out a watch on @BlacknGold.  He might need some help...

6 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Welp.....

You asked me what I would do if I was Bernie Truax, so I told what I would do if I was Bernie Truax. Did you not want me to answer the question? 

1 minute ago, BlacknGold said:

You asked me what I would do if I was Bernie Truax, so I told what I would do if I was Bernie Truax. Did you not want me to answer the question? 

Actually I didn't ask you and I am pretty sure nobody did.... It was a statement of your own accord, choosing Brands and the Ferrari's over Cael, Starocci and Brooks. But hey, maybe now you can live a little bit more in reality. 

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

See below.  Idiot.

12 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Actually I didn't ask you and I am pretty sure nobody did.... It was a statement of your own accord, choosing Brands and the Ferrari's over Cael, Starocci and Brooks. But hey, maybe now you can live a little bit more in reality. 

He's an idiot.  Fortunately he can't pull a Minnow and delete it all.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 4/14/2023 at 10:49 AM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Outside of Nagao maybe leaving, who else is transferring out of Minnesota? The rest are pure speculation 

???? Lol what

Gable gave up a year, Blockhus gave up a year, Chittum decommitted. Those aren’t speculation. It’s a coaches job to keep athletes on the team. He lost his best wrestler last year, two best this year, and his best recruit. That’s pretty terrible.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:48 AM, Idaho said:

Landing NIL deals for your wrestlers as part of your job is pretty new to everyone. 

I didn’t say anything about NIL. It’s a coaches job to keep good wrestlers on the team and keep recruits committed. At least half of the wrestlers that left the Gophers had nothing to do with NIL. 

32 minutes ago, skandar said:

I didn’t say anything about NIL. It’s a coaches job to keep good wrestlers on the team and keep recruits committed. At least half of the wrestlers that left the Gophers had nothing to do with NIL. 

You should go back and read the train of though that was happening....

30 minutes ago, skandar said:

???? Lol what

Gable gave up a year, Blockhus gave up a year, Chittum decommitted. Those aren’t speculation. It’s a coaches job to keep athletes on the team. He lost his best wrestler last year, two best this year, and his best recruit. That’s pretty terrible.

Gable last year and Blockhus this year both graduated, so would need to enter a Masters program to wrestle at the U.  Gable is considering wrestling next year and Blockhus would have stayed if needed, but the Gophers are high on Vance Vombaur, Tagen Jamison, and Drew Roberts to fill 141-149 next year.  These 3 have all been slowed by injuries but have also each had big wins.  

On 4/8/2023 at 12:42 PM, CHROMEBIRD said:

Hard to blame Eggum for retention. NIL sucks.

On 4/14/2023 at 9:46 AM, skandar said:

It’s very literally part of their job.

On 4/14/2023 at 10:48 AM, Idaho said:

Landing NIL deals for your wrestlers as part of your job is pretty new to everyone. 

41 minutes ago, skandar said:

Train of thought... 

Will I hear from you in another week? 

• Haha 1

???? Lol what

Gable wanted to return last season, but contract dictated no.

Blockhus has always had a dream to go into MMA. It’s a long journey and a short window. He put a lot of thought into his decision and the staff supported his decision to follow his dream. Blockhus has nothing but love for MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1